Author Topic: This bot's and it's admins' credibility  (Read 6449 times)

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This bot's and it's admins' credibility
« on: September 26, 2010, 21:00 »
Referring to http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,21724.msg67392.html

I would like to hear the motivation behind this decision. This guy stopped playing for no other reason than "omg my team is nub", putting us in a 4v5 situation WITHOUT extra leavergold for the remainder of the game, thus ruining it for us ánd the scourge. This, ofcourse, is a textbook example to the rule "Player must not stop playing and ruining the game. "

Furthermore, he selected my hero and sold all my items when I wasnt paying attention, again a textbook example of share abuse. Though I see that for some reason the rule "Player must not use units, that don’t belong to him (left players, shared control…), only if the user controling the units does not want it;" has been cleverly appended in the meantime (for reasons beyond (my) logic).

I simply do not understand this decion. Did this dude happen to be the admin's "bestest buddy"? Was it "lame" of me to share my courier with the rest of the team? Please help me in understanding.
Some of my friends from the PD.com scene told me that this is a "mikey mouse bot run by illiterate eastern ethernopians", but I have always enjoyed playing on this bot. Seeing more and more examples of how you set down supposedly strict rules, yet make completely arbitrary and seemingly random decisions makes me wonder if I should take this bot seriously.

The rules are improperly defined (and improperly spelled), for example the rule "If number of players in the opposing team is greater than 3 players and the game mode includes -so (-switchon) you are free to leave the game without ban;": if one interprets this rule litterally, one could leave at the start of the game, since the opponent will have 5 (more than 3) players on it's team.

For example: http://clanbase.ggl.com/rules.php?lid=11231 would be a properly defined set of rules.
The choice of how you run this bot is, ofcourse, up to you. You could run it based on a loose behavior code or set down a set of strict rules. You have opted for the latter, but the rules are not set down right and the admins do not stick to them.  I think there should be a major remake of the rules and possibly some sort of control organ, to see to it that the admins actually do their job. Right now, the banrequest system is barely functioning and people lose interest in even trying to get lamers banned.

TL;DR This bot is losing it's credibility with the public.

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: This bot's and it's admins' credibility
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 21:25 »
-Unfortunetly for you arkshu / _hellion_ has different view of rules and i think many others do ,and you have to like or not.You always have option to contact other mod so they can see it as well if they have time to take care of it.

-As for rules themselves ,there are always strict rules,but there are always so called reeferes as you said ,like you posted there who have their own oppinion and they are the one to think ,and you cant judge it.
Like in football,you know there is rule not to hurt other player or oppoment team can get free penal,but some reeferes can see that other way and thats what can make you pissed ,angry.
But in this case you have only one more option,as i said,contact other mod.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 22:29 »
We will review that negertivs!

when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 01:45 »
-Unfortunetly for you arkshu / _hellion_ has different view of rules and i think many others do ,and you have to like or not.You always have option to contact other mod so they can see it as well if they have time to take care of it.

Ofcourse rules are (and must always be) open to interpretation. This admin (or mod or whatever) however has stretched interpretation to it's breaking point, by denying a ban on someone who is utterly clearly and beyond any shred of doubt guilty on both charges. It's like a referee denying a goal from a 30 meter shot, for "offside"! I myself cannot think of any redeeming argument whatsoever for this player.

@Mrniceguy, thanks! Best of luck and I hope that the community will benefit from it, whatever you decide.

*edit: some random quotes from the game:
Sos      24:40        stupid fucking noonb team
Sos    24:42       i go afk   
Sos    24:44       kick me       
Sos    24:48       !votekick sos
Sos      28:28        !votekick sos
NEGERTIVS      29:19        wow.
NEGERTIVS      29:45        you are beyond pathetic.
NEGERTIVS      30:03        he just share abused -.-
Sos      33:08        it was when i saw that i have 3 retards on team

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 01:52 by NEGERTIVS »

Offline ArkShu

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 15:13 »
man to be onest....we(mods)have to think like a plyer dose.....if u ware in his situation when the team was owned 0/5  3/9  3/5  did u play anymore????and it wasnt afk....he spoke with the team...he farm in woods

he just stop playing for his stats y guess and to not improve the enemys stats....a right decision....if y was in that game....if y was him....y whold do the same
y wont ban a guy who wont play cose his team just feed the others....
y wont ban a player who will stop playing just cose dont have a team to play....
DOTA means TEAM PLAy if u dont have team why to play???

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 16:02 »
man to be onest....we(mods)have to think like a plyer dose.....if u ware in his situation when the team was owned 0/5  3/9  3/5  did u play anymore????and it wasnt afk....he spoke with the team...he farm in woods

he just stop playing for his stats y guess and to not improve the enemys stats....a right decision....if y was in that game....if y was him....y whold do the same
y wont ban a guy who wont play cose his team just feed the others....
y wont ban a player who will stop playing just cose dont have a team to play....
DOTA means TEAM PLAy if u dont have team why to play???

Really? You have to think like the players do? What about the NINE other players whose game he ruined? Ever think about them?

He wasn't afk no, thats why the rules say player must not stop playing. He did not defend, he did not enter teambattles, he did nothing to help us win. And he only "farmed" for a very short time. For most of the game, he was in our fountain. DotA is a team game you say? Well I could not agree more.

Stats? Really? I can imagine why lobotomized pubbie weasels think stats are more important than actually winning the game, but I didnt expect this from a mod. So let me explain this one more time:

Stats
are
irrelevant.

If you cannot understand this, then you should seriously consider quitting dota. If you want to play in a ranking system, enter a tournament with a team. These are pubs, with no safelist or anything in effect and the only thing it can be used for is determining whether a given player is "pro" (another pubbie term) or not. Except for jacking off to your wins, the stat system has no other use whatsoever.

DotA is indeed a team game. If you don't contribute to the team on purpose, then you are not playing ánd ruining the game. You do not have to be afk for this. You could stand in a corner juggling branches for all I care, you are not contributing, you are not helping defend, you are not participating in team battles. And in pubs, the players you play with are random. If I stopped playing every time I had a couple of noobs in my team, I wouldnt be able to finish a single game!

Seriously what is this guy doing in the mod pool? He is incapable of even remotely coherent english (and he cannot spell, "y" instead of "I" lmfao), and his rule interpretation and logic are idiotic at best. Stats as an argument? "team nub" as a valid reason to stop playing? Are you trolling or what?  :D
Just laughable, I feel like Im teaching a twelve year old.

Offline ArkShu

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 16:05 »
and what to play if u dont have team aaa????what???alone'???

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 16:23 »
and what to play if u dont have team aaa????what???alone'???

He had a team. Or do I (and several other sentinel players) not exist? Difficult question, that one. Just because we were losing does not give him an excuse to stop playing. Do you have Asperger's?

Offline ArkShu

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 16:27 »
no because u are lose...because u feed....

anyway....

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 16:41 »
I detect no logic whatsoever in this. We lose, so there is no team? What the hell is that even supposed to mean? I did not feed, my score was 3-5-6. It seems you have completely the wrong idea of how dota is supposed to work!

I have proven you wrong on at least two counts now, and I havent even started yet on the share abuse ban, which you denied and still owe me a motivation for. Instead of actually providing me valid arguments, you choose to reply with retarded oneliners which make no sense and are based on nothing.

I remember reading a "mod recruiting" post a couple of weeks ago with some criteria. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find the post, but let's juxtapose the ones I can remember with your abilities, shall we?

- You do not possess acceptable english skills
- You do not know the rules
- You do not reply professionally and properly

Are there any administrators reading up on this? Perhaps it is time to evaluate the mod pool!

Offline ArkShu

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 17:03 »
btw go and check the req

Offline PlayDota.eu08

• WickedSick Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 17:05 »
hhiihihihhii

http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,21724.0.html

Reply #2 on: Today at 17:01:44 »
!banned 10days+warn

!Locked
today -->27.9

bfr u write a reply again write
!unlocked

!locked

axaxxax
joke :P
Quote from: Dino-Merlin
Ne nisam ti rekao sve, jednostavno nisam imao snage za to

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 18:07 »
We will review that negertivs!

Done and solved, sry for inconvenience!

Cheers!

P.S. Playdota.eu08
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 20:01 »
Wow. Well, interesting thread. Arkshu's English is beyond redemption... Also, his views about DotA, especially knowing he is a mod, are odd, to say the least. 0.o
The most depressing thing though is the fact that you have to start a thread like this to get a proper verdict on a simple ban request...

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 20:14 »
He done it on perfect way!

But he could sent me pm, it would save him lot of time :D!

Peace!