Author Topic: Stop lobby swap abuse  (Read 6153 times)

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Stop lobby swap abuse
« on: September 19, 2010, 03:13 »
Hi!
I have seen some hosts analyzing all player's stats in the lobby, then quickly swapping and starting the game. Sometimes, I didn't even have time to hit ctrl-a to escape an intentionally unbalanced game.

(When countdown reaches 3 or 2, hitting ctrl-a won't help, game still loads. Even worse, sometimes after it loads, it puts you to end game scores, giving the dirtbag host an opportunity to ban.)

So, and I have seen this, a host can make 2 swaps and start the game in 2 seconds. Then you have a total of 3-4 seconds to realize what happened, reach for the keyboard and exit the game. Tricky, to say the least.

So my suggestion is that host shouldn't be able to start the game for about 5 seconds after he swapped players. Just like when there is a leaver: you can't start the game immediatley after someone left.

Lobby abuse is very irritating, and though PD.eu seems not to care, it does ruin the game for many players. This is not a very complicated thing to do, in my opinion.

Offline TeenFuck

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Stop lobby swap abuse
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:17 »
Hi!
I have seen some hosts analyzing all player's stats in the lobby, then quickly swapping and starting the game. Sometimes, I didn't even have time to hit ctrl-a to escape an intentionally unbalanced game.

(When countdown reaches 3 or 2, hitting ctrl-a won't help, game still loads. Even worse, sometimes after it loads, it puts you to end game scores, giving the dirtbag host an opportunity to ban.)

So, and I have seen this, a host can make 2 swaps and start the game in 2 seconds. Then you have a total of 3-4 seconds to realize what happened, reach for the keyboard and exit the game. Tricky, to say the least.

So my suggestion is that host shouldn't be able to start the game for about 5 seconds after he swapped players. Just like when there is a leaver: you can't start the game immediatley after someone left.

Lobby abuse is very irritating, and though PD.eu seems not to care, it does ruin the game for many players. This is not a very complicated thing to do, in my opinion.

i agree with you
+1905

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 21:00 »
I agree. Just happend to me :'(

Offline [Shady] Polska

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 14:56 »
Not a bad idea, we will look into it further.

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 16:52 »
Goodie.
Thanks!

Offline lovekiddos

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 17:11 »
Hi!

wow what a problem!

1. stats doesnt matter, i saw godlike stats ppls, who played like feeders
2. "unbalanced game" so when u think that one of ppls is noob, game is BALANCED when host team has that noob? and when ur team has that noob game is UNBALANCED? arent u a little hypocrite?
3. u can switch ingame, i once hosted game, shuffled ppls, and then two friends were divided, i offered them switch ingame or rmk, they said play, and we played, if u want things solve, u can solve them, instead of whining
4. wtf u re leaving game in lobby? stats hunter? and then u re crying u got banned?
5. u can always make own game, and u can be host in there, it s simple as hell
6. if gn contains "PRO", then u should check all ppls stats, and dont let ANY noob playing in ANY team, that will solve ur "problem" forever

PS- btw awesome, for some QQ bullshit "we will look into that", but when i write something what s real what can improve gameplay experience, u re just ignore it, gj mods, i played 2 frikking boring ONE hour games, but who cares, QQ lobby bullshit is more important
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 17:15 by lovekiddos »
PLAYING SINGLEPLAYER GAMES= MORE FUN, MULTIPLAYER = MORE NERVES AND HATE

Offline dark_mesiah

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 17:16 »
This happens to me VERY often, and the people from the loosing team (usually less experienced) do not see this. There are some hosts that shuffle, but they are rare... there must be another way to stop abuse.

Maybe add "Auto Shuffle" ?

Offline lovekiddos

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 17:19 »
This happens to me VERY often, and the people from the loosing team (usually less experienced) do not see this. There are some hosts that shuffle, but they are rare... there must be another way to stop abuse.

Maybe add "Auto Shuffle" ?
yeah autoshuffle and first player wont be able to write game mode :P
as it happened in one game after shuffle :P

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 01:38 »
wow what a problem!

2. "unbalanced game" so when u think that one of ppls is noob, game is BALANCED when host team has that noob? and when ur team has that noob game is UNBALANCED? arent u a little hypocrite?
3. u can switch ingame, i once hosted game, shuffled ppls, and then two friends were divided, i offered them switch ingame or rmk, they said play, and we played, if u want things solve, u can solve them, instead of whining
4. wtf u re leaving game in lobby? stats hunter? and then u re crying u got banned?
6. if gn contains "PRO", then u should check all ppls stats, and dont let ANY noob playing in ANY team, that will solve ur "problem" forever

PS- btw awesome, for some QQ bullshit "we will look into that", but when i write something what s real what can improve gameplay experience, u re just ignore it, gj mods, i played 2 frikking boring ONE hour games, but who cares, QQ lobby bullshit is more important

Wow what a troubled kid! :D

1. Stats can tell a lot, u know that. A guy with 4 deaths, 12 denies and 100 games will be less likely to feed than a guy with 8 deaths, 2 denies and 15 games.
2. When did I say that? Did I say that it was ok for host's team to have noobs? No, I did not, read my post again, buttplug!
3. If host intentionally wants an unbalanced game, we won't be allowed to switch. Hosts like this tend to mute ppl (and not ppls fartknocker, people is alredy plural!) who insist on balancing the game.
4. If I know game will suck, I leave in lobby. Why wouldn't I? LOL!
5. True, but u still need ppl to join the games, right?
6. TRUE!!! And that is exactly the problem! We tell host to kick 2,3 and 8. Instead, he swaps 2,3 down, and starts the game. I leave BOTH sentinel and scourge if this happens! (Wow, does that surprise you, bunghole?) I hate intentionally unbalanced games, no matter which side I'm on.

And for your PS: LOL, this explains that all! :D U really are one troubled kid. Get your head out of your ass, please.
Thanks for your attention! ;)

Offline lovekiddos

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 23:29 »
wow what a problem!

Wow what a troubled kid! :D

1. Stats can tell a lot, u know that. A guy with 4 deaths, 12 denies and 100 games will be less likely to feed than a guy with 8 deaths, 2 denies and 15 games.
2. When did I say that? Did I say that it was ok for host's team to have noobs? No, I did not, read my post again, buttplug!
3. If host intentionally wants an unbalanced game, we won't be allowed to switch. Hosts like this tend to mute ppl (and not ppls fartknocker, people is alredy plural!) who insist on balancing the game.
4. If I know game will suck, I leave in lobby. Why wouldn't I? LOL!
5. True, but u still need ppl to join the games, right?
6. TRUE!!! And that is exactly the problem! We tell host to kick 2,3 and 8. Instead, he swaps 2,3 down, and starts the game. I leave BOTH sentinel and scourge if this happens! (Wow, does that surprise you, bunghole?) I hate intentionally unbalanced games, no matter which side I'm on.

And for your PS: LOL, this explains that all! :D U really are one troubled kid. Get your head out of your ass, please.
Thanks for your attention! ;)

if u re not older than 28years then stop calling me kid, old man!
1. yeah exactly guy with 100games playing like feeder! nothing mysterious, it s really happening, and guy with 15games pawning, because maybe his main account get banned, u saw games like that a lot! stats are not telling truth!
2. yeah u said that, u said absolut nothing when u checked that ppls stats, and he was in host , but when host swapped that guy down, BAD BAD HOST! so stfu hypocrite
3. there re bans for muting on forum , open eyes and stop crying
4. NO U DONT! u will see if game will suck or no, in first 10-15mins, and even that time sometimes isnt important, from score 2:11 to like 40:30 and gg for example, u cant tell absolut nothing in lobby, sometimes ppls have no games played and they re saying they re banned or something
5. no u dont u can type !start force and u will be in 1v0 game ! naaah... people will come, well around 4 o clock int he morning it s pain in the butt, but other time it s not taking so long to get ppls
6. then u should request ban on forum or leave or host own game, check ppl as soon as he enters game, dont wait for having 3or more ppls with weird stats , hole lover

god bless u, and wake up, and dont insult me idiot

Offline p0c3tnik

• Advanced Member
  • May my ancestors watch over me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 00:05 »
shuffle doesnt matter, !sp !sp !sp !sp oh look two top players are in my team !start
Death to the enemy! Death to the enemies of the horde!

p0c3tnik baned 3days pro in noob games

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 02:48 »
if u re not older than 28years then stop calling me kid, old man!
1. yeah exactly guy with 100games playing like feeder! nothing mysterious, it s really happening, and guy with 15games pawning, because maybe his main account get banned, u saw games like that a lot! stats are not telling truth!
2. yeah u said that, u said absolut nothing when u checked that ppls stats, and he was in host , but when host swapped that guy down, BAD BAD HOST! so stfu hypocrite
3. there re bans for muting on forum , open eyes and stop crying
4. NO U DONT! u will see if game will suck or no, in first 10-15mins, and even that time sometimes isnt important, from score 2:11 to like 40:30 and gg for example, u cant tell absolut nothing in lobby, sometimes ppls have no games played and they re saying they re banned or something
5. no u dont u can type !start force and u will be in 1v0 game ! naaah... people will come, well around 4 o clock int he morning it s pain in the butt, but other time it s not taking so long to get ppls
6. then u should request ban on forum or leave or host own game, check ppl as soon as he enters game, dont wait for having 3or more ppls with weird stats , hole lover

god bless u, and wake up, and dont insult me idiot

Oh well, u're the problematic kind I see...
1.: Ok, true, I give u that. People with good stats can have horrible games and vice-versa. But most of the time, ppl with good stats will play better than ppl with bad stats. Got it? Most of the time!

2.: Please quote me saying it is ok for host's team to have noobs!
Since u won't be able to do that, read my previous post again! Ehh, u wont do that either, so the situation again:
2,3 and 8 are noobs. We tell host to kick them. Instead, host swaps them down. I leave game in lobby.
Where is the hypocrisy in that?
I guess u just can't admit u were wrong on this thing... Get some self-confidence, kiddo!

3.: ÁÁÁÁ! Yes, there are bans for muting. So what??? U said we can switch ingame if game is unbalanced. I said no we can't, if we have idiot stathunter host. I tried to draw a picture of an idiot host, but I see u just can't understand that. So nvm muting. If host wants an unbalanced game, we will never be able to switch ingame for balance. Am I right on this one? Yes, but agan: u're not the kind of kid who would admit such thing...

4.: Pls let me have the right to decide if I want to play a game or not! If I think it will suck, I can leave. Trust me, these games suck most of the time.

5.: Ok, u are right: I could go and host my own games. And somehow, that would solve my problem. But that wouldn't solve the problem: some hosts would still abuse lobby for unbalanced games. I care about other people. U know, I'm a big fluffy bear.

6.: Hmm, I don't think I should leave as soon as I see a noob enter. But maybe u're right, when I see that host is not kicking a noob, I should leave. But what if I enter as last or last-but-one? I don't have enough time then!

6+1: yes, I love holes. ;) Well, one hole, to be precise, I'm not really into that brown-saloon business.

Please, PLEASE: One person, two people. 1 pers. 2 ppl. There is no such thing as ppls.

Ehh, I don't even know why I'm writing this. I think u're the kind of guy who will find 3 interesting words in each of my paragraphs, and cling to it, so that he didn't have to agree me on anything... Nvm. Maybe one day u will grow up to be able to understand what others are saying, and to have the courage to say: "You are right." Maybe someday.
But until that day, I'll call u a kid, cause that's what u are. ;)

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 11:36 »
You are wrong. The word "peoples" exist and its legit part of english grammar. If you have balls you will be able to go and find why and when Mr. Oxford.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 12:17 »
You are wrong. The word "peoples" exist and its legit part of english grammar. If you have balls you will be able to go and find why and when Mr. Oxford.

It exists, but not in this context. Peoples is a synonym to nations.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 17:25 »

It exists, but not in this context. Peoples is a synonym to nations.
U didn't have to tell him .
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah