v6
13 (31.7%)
v7
20 (48.8%)
Both
8 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: February 22, 2023, 18:26

Author Topic: Dota Map megapoll  (Read 7011 times)

Offline AGENT

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • DODJI UKLJUCI !!!
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 20 Daily Tours [EPIC] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Challenge Accepted [RARE] Deer Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dota Map megapoll
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2023, 16:05 »
v6 for sure no matter how much is bugged. I beleive 50% of players will quit dota if there is only v7. I personally dont like changes at things I used to do. Honestly, if theres only v7 to choose it would be the end of my 15+years roaming on this server jorney.
I disagree. They are addicted to this game/server. :D

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2023, 16:34 »
To summarize arguments:

v7:
+ can receive updates and bug fixes (unless dracolich will be sent to the front ofc)
+ more dynamic (but thats not + for some players)
+ more quality of life: you get free courier, hotkeys, overlay with heroes ulti cds and respawn timers
- hard to get used to for some players
- still has some bugs but much less than v6 (only necro bug is serious, other mostly cosmetic)
- some heroes not balanced: magina

v6:
+ less dynamic but higher demand for stratetic thinking: you lose more gold when you die, slower respawn, harder to farm which makes you think before making a move and generally play more carefully
+ convenient because you are used to it
- will probably never be updated
- has serious bugs like riki, tuskar, spectre
- some heroes not balanced: tuskar (because of bug), visage, leoric

Ofc v6 is played more often and v7 almost never but its funny how fast people forget things. Few years ago when the map was updated from icefrogs 6.73 i think to newest dracolich map everybody was crying about new map being shit too and that its dota 2 copy and that they will stop playing cuz server dead now.

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2023, 10:48 »
v6 for sure no matter how much is bugged. I beleive 50% of players will quit dota if there is only v7. I personally dont like changes at things I used to do. Honestly, if theres only v7 to choose it would be the end of my 15+years roaming on this server jorney.
hahhaha 50% will quit? My estimate is 5% tops.

I recall I was one of those who hated 7.0 when it first came out because suddenly I was not as good at it as I was at 6.9 and there were too many changes at once.

But I played 20-30 games of 7.0 and discovered new interesting meta and talents and never came back to 6.9. Now I couldn´t play 6.9 coz it´s too boring. :D

Offline iamnotrobot

• Patreon Supporter
  • Advanced Member
  • Server Account: Agent.Of.ShielD
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2023, 12:14 »
ı agree to you bro but 6.90 players never accept thıs  :laugh: because they want to play good as well lıke 6.90  but ıf you dont play 1-2 week you never lıke thıs map :S:S:S its too bad  8)

Offline LEA^

• Server Account: LEA^
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2023, 16:13 »
You can't compare v7 to v6 because of many factors:

1 - The gameplay is MUCH MORE balanced, and this map will get updated normally and talents are good, the overall GUI of the entire game is easier to navigate (Not Dota 2, but between v6 and Dota 2)
2 - The heroes are much more balanced, and there are zero bugs that anyone used at this server.
3 - The option to increase the FPS is maybe the first reason why it should be switched. You just edit the registry, find Blizzard->Warcraft->Video edit lockfb from 1 to 0, change the resolution to your screen and adjust the refresh rate. In the settings (top left) click Visual and delete the Wait for Vertical Sync, and slide both limiters on the right. Now congratulations, you are enjoying a 200+ FPS game on a War3 engine.

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2023, 18:32 »
OOOOOOOOO voting closed 70 won hopefully we see 69 killed for good. The only 69 we should ever play is u know what, friends

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2023, 20:33 »
A few years ago, when v7 was introduced, there was a poll in which v7 won too. Let's see how this one goes.

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2023, 23:17 »
I will filter the votes according to first post and then we will have a nice little discussion with staff.

My 2 cents on the topic, now that the poll is over.. decision is harder because we have no idea if d1stats is still alive and v7 will receive any updates at all. Then you have to judge maps on their own merit and not on hopes one will get updates. Some of the comments were helpful in that regard.

Offline orotel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2023, 23:30 »
Holy shit, I can't believe you guys suffer so much for not having enough players to play. Lets face it, only few play version 7 shit and these are small groups. Estimated remaining version 7 players is bellow 30.
The only real voting is on stats page. Version 7 takes 5-10% of Ladder dota games. Stats page never lied. Keep making new accounts and call inactive players to vote. Face it version 7 will never be active map.
If admin is crazy enough to think about removal of the most active map on his platform then this gaming platform should go down once for good.
Its enough to say on last 10 Dota Ladder pages there are 3 pages with only 6.9 map, and on 2 more pages is 1-2 games of version 7. On other pages there are few version 7 games, it total it never goes above 10%.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 23:32 by orotel »

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2023, 23:32 »
Personally i dont understand why the decision is hard. The difference between v6 and v7 is even less than between last icefrog's map and first dracolich's map. But back then nobody made polls and asked players if they wanted update. Everybody was crying for the first 1-2 weeks too, then all got used to it. I would understand if people couldnt choose between icefrog's and dracolich's map. The first is oldschool dota, second is going dota 2 direction. But deciding between v6 and v7 seems stupid because its literally same map with some changes in interface and terrain.

Offline orotel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2023, 23:52 »
What is the reason behind this event? On one side most of the players play one map and on another small groups wants to play another. Now small group is not satisfied because they can't make a game. At first it was 20-30 minutes to make new game, now it seems there is just no interest for version 7 games unless if some small group organize to play, and these games are with poor quality. thesnn seems famous version 7 host and his group is the most active.
If its small difference between these maps then why more than 90% of ladder games are 6.9 map games - half of these who are against more popular map are not active players.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2023, 00:23 »
People play the map they are used too. On iccup 100% players play 6.83 map. On rgc 100% players play v7 map, wow. From the other side its clear that most who wanted to play v7 already moved to rgc because not everyone is ready to wait 1 hour for game

Offline begin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2023, 09:45 »
People play the map they are used too. On iccup 100% players play 6.83 map. On rgc 100% players play v7 map, wow. From the other side its clear that most who wanted to play v7 already moved to rgc because not everyone is ready to wait 1 hour for game

yeah well explain hopefully even orotel gets this one.

Also if you choose 7 go straight for 7.03b, the most stable one with fixed bugs (also played on other platforms by many)

Offline Rob_Real

• V.I.P
  • Server Account: Rob_Real
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #2 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2023, 19:55 »
What is the problem to leave it as it is? All in all D1 is a game for oldfags, so what is the point to remove any of these maps?

Offline pastmistake

• Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • D1Map
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2023, 09:10 »
Crazy stuff in here  :boy:

Let me toss my 2 cents in the pit (as someone who have seen the transition from 6>7 enough times on enough places).

THE MAIN REASON why people reject "new" is because they are comfortable with their current skill level. They are afraid of losing their place in the ladder and amongst peers. It has nothing to do with map being this way or that way. Learning new things is "hard" after the age of 20+ (applicable not only to dota). By comparison is you playing 4years getting better at CS:GO, nailing headshots right and left and then you are forced to change the mouse.

THE MAIN REASON why people want the "new" is because they uncovered and used all the tricks and knowledge in current state. They need something / an update to keep them on their toes. New stuff to discover, to re-kindle their love for dota and not play on auto-pilot mode. (this is me; .. I'm currently bored of 7.03b2, been waiting for 4months to switch to 7.04b0). Because I wanna test new builds, create/reshape the meta, experiment.

As for "u change map, I stop playing dota" it never happens. NEVER. Dota is our drug, always has been. If you don't realize that, just remember last time when u got banned and you were counting the minutes before unban.

tl;dr: Players who say new map is shit, without proper proof, are simply the kind of people who play a hero x100 times and improve nothing; learn nothing. Same level, same strategy, same item build. Zero flexibility. The new map is a breath of fresh air.

SIDENOTES:

1. Rest assured DracoL1ch is continuing with his updates (all be it in a harsh context of war and impracticalities). Though can't see why is this ever a reason to upgrade/not upgrade , since you;'re talking about 6.90 (2019) ... hello 2023? and there are plenty solid/stable versions since then; all of them more stable than 6.90

2. Iccup not only plays 6.83 but it's also a spin-off on Draco's map. It's not official. Also they cannot easily update their map, cause they are selling their own iccup skins, so they inhouse develop map. They do not have the desire/knowledge of Draco's team, so they cannot improve/update map that often. Iccup is pure communism. People have no say and they are wrongly mislead in believing their map version is ok. Icccup (like Gplay) are milking clients. Closed-loop/enviroment benefits them. Here are a few examples: they don't have widescreen-support, they don;t have zoom support. Features that do not change how the map is played, but are a modern necessity.

3. New map(s) along the visible updates/changelogs also have under-the-hood upgrades. Example: detailed statistics that can be picked off the hostbot and parsers; improved localized performance; updates to GUI;

4. If it helps the administration to move forward, I can enable and open the beta statistics collector (dotabuff for dota1) for lagabuse. https://d1map.net/stats
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 09:31 by pastmistake »