Author Topic: What do you think about +0/-0 PSR System?  (Read 7354 times)

Offline TooShade

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • #1 Leaderboard
  • Server Account: TooShade
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #2 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What do you think about +0/-0 PSR System?
« on: March 19, 2022, 13:13 »
Hello all,
It was time noone talked about this, but I want to return on this topic.
Since new PSR system has started I noticed that over 62% (max balanceable for earn PSR) of average game players who have PSR higher than 1700 may receive +0, I opened a complain about this in past, but It got totally ignored.

Now, I don't know if you guys still care about ladder, or not...
But I want to ask @cen to remove at least this function, as long as it makes no sense to play a game and earn +0. About 80% start max is apcetable, but still it limitate you to play.
I understand this is made for force to balance games, but before this system has been experienced, noone noticed that if in early morning I want to play a game and there's the only one lobby for hours with 9 random players, why I should earn +0?
I just want say, if you don't care ladder, remove it then... Why you keep ladder active if you have implemented a no-sense +0/-0 system?

Another thing, I don't host anymore and I play "I don't care mode" lately because retarded mode increased to max level in last months by players, why you maxed startable games to 80%?
I suggested in past to remove command !rs, so game will be simply balanced and played, there are other ways to find a balance criterion.
This system actually ruins hard this server, and noone cares!

Please, if you support my idea/complain, vote for remove this recent system, because It sucks.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 13:21 by TooShade »
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What do you think about +0/-0 PSR System?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 13:26 »
I think player tooshade is a noob. What was the question though?

Offline maq

• Newbie Member
  • Server Account: maq
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 13:35 »
Commenting on the forum is unnecessary because soon there will be a mass of 15-year-old vultures, whose only goal is to attack people, even if someone suggests something. An example of this is above.

However, it's no secret that the balance command has nothing to do with balanced game. Low skilled players won't get it anyway, and those who are embraced understand it without translation. So I am behind this idea.

Offline Confused-o_O-

• Server Account: Confused-o_O-
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 14:31 »
if you don't care, why do you care? I think it is not because of 62% but because you are 1700+ while teams are 1500 average.

If you want to play Dota just play and if you want points play with equal psr players

Offline TooShade

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • #1 Leaderboard
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 14:53 »
And what you care if I care?

Dude who is blocked to 1800 PSR how he should play?
Don't say things that are not real please...
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2022, 15:32 »
Commenting on the forum is unnecessary because soon there will be a mass of 15-year-old vultures, whose only goal is to attack people, even if someone suggests something. An example of this is above.

Exactly. These players are first to comment to basicaly any post on forum, and they jump in to mock players like gypsys in a fight. But you rarely if ever see them ingame, since they are basicaly inactive players. Don't bother to even respond to them, you just feed their ego's. Let them think they are smart and funny.

On the topic, it makes sense what Shade is saying. The concept is good, but maybe raise the limit to 65% and above.
60-40 ratio should be awarded with at least 1 point.
Even though I don't care about psr, I played many times for 0 point, but if you play this game kinda "competitive" (at least on this server), you want to get some psr points to compete with the top 30.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2022, 16:15 »
Idk if anyone though about it but back then many people were complaining about 99% vs 1% balance and now only 1 person is complaining that he cant stack 99% vs 1%. So maybe it was a good change?

Offline TooShade

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • #1 Leaderboard
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 16:19 »
Considering I stacked in other team idiots, and not noobs for win, anyway they were haters so logically they play versus. But let me say you one thing...

There's a way for stack in easiest way without abusing any bot commands that you can't even image how to do, should I start abuse this and let's see if they complain old system?
I opened this topic because this server is dying dramatically, noone complains because it's wasted time, not because they like this system.
Start to understand Fat, I'm trying to save this server.
Well since I'm here... I don't know later.

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] LA staff - Moderator IHRL Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2022, 17:26 »
You cant ask to gain psr by playing in a 1300-1400 game. Any player that wants to be top 5 need to earn his psr by playing at least 1500+ games.

Due to the amount of players, if you want to earn psr you will have to wait till there are players.
When you are top in the ladder you need to w8 in order to find an opponent with similar ranking. Thats how it works in most games. There arent many games that you get points for winning vs the lowest skilled players.

Offline TooShade

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • #1 Leaderboard
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2022, 17:52 »
You have never played in the world of Multiplayer then Ernesto, I assure you that it doesn't work like that.

There is no game where, due to the ranking, noob players don't compete with good ones, it's no-sense what you said, don't take this like an offense but I play multiplayer games for much years, even on other games and I know how it works.

About what you said means this: for example, the whole day there are lobbies which all 1300+ players play, I should wait 24 hours for 1 decent one? Are you serious?
And I didn't say I want decent games, but at least play even lower rate games when I don't have much time to wait, simple.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 17:55 by TooShade »

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2022, 19:35 »
Why shouldnt you gain psr playing vs 1400 players?
If the balance is alright, whats the problem?
This doesn't make sense ernesto.

Offline F1AME-

• V.I.P
  • 01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 !
  • Server Account: Flame-
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Ayecodenews
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2022, 02:15 »
bcs dogs will be top 10 and when they get in a good game will ruin psr system is fine

I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2022, 06:16 »
bcs dogs will be top 10 and when they get in a good game will ruin psr system is fine

Like you with 0-9 yurnero last time?
Your argument is invalid. We all have good and bad games.

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2022, 08:56 »
Here's a fun thing you can try:

Whenever you see a post like this, just look at the people who complain about +0/-0 system and check their activity in game. Who would've thought Shade would be against it, what a shock... not.

Also, for hypocrites who act like pros now, I've seen your behavior in games whenever you fuck up, so, @TooShade @Flame- @Corristo I'll give you the most valid response I can give you. Since you're so passionate about impoving this community, the best thing you three can do is - LEAVE. I bet people ar far more irritated by your cancerous behavior on forums and in game, and would settle with pretty much any system in which you're not in.

People without basic human manners discussing major community changes, the hell is wrong with you. You three really need a reality slap across your faces.

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2022, 09:44 »
nikolagay (or who the fuck are you), can you at least please englighten me, what is your ingame nick? because I don't remember that I've ever played with you. You might be one of those inactive players who just came on the forum occasionally to mock players. Just like now.
I was talking ON topic, yet you straight away jumped in to insult and attack players...what a shock, the same attitude what you and some other teletubies have on this forum.

"I bet people ar far more irritated by your cancerous behavior on forums and in game, and would settle with pretty much any system in which you're not in."
-I think you are talking just about yourself here. And I aproove it. You can leave.

Try to be a bit more humble, and don't be so full of yourself. This server is not 10 guys on the forum, who are calling themselfs PRO :D, yet nobody even knows who the fuck are you. Go play Dota2, professionaly, then come back to me, and I might aproove that you are PRO. Otherwise nobody gives a shit ;)