Author Topic: auto host  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Confused-o_O-

• Topic Author
  • Server Account: Confused-o_O-
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
auto host
« on: July 14, 2021, 13:01 »
could you make 1 auto host? people are lazy to host. Even when they do seems they can't refuse the temptation to stack in their favor. It would be nice to be able to just join and go afk until the game starts.

Offline ksv

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Respect !
  • Server Account: ksv
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] LA High Staff [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: auto host
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 16:00 »
Hm !support

@cen
Lag Abuse

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 17:01 »
You mean like this?

How it works:
1. /w lagabuse.com .map <map>
2. /w lagabuse.com .autohost <name>
3. It will rehost until x players joined and then start

It wasn't fully ready i think and there was some bug so i removed it back then but as you see i have local copies. If mr @cen wants i can send this branch to him (for a price ofc)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 17:06 by luke »

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 20:51 »
could you make 1 auto host? people are lazy to host. Even when they do seems they can't refuse the temptation to stack in their favor. It would be nice to be able to just join and go afk until the game starts.
would be great just to test how its going to work for some time,if its successful we can go and remove the manual host on ladder games.
still there are some changes to be done because sometimes system does not balance properly when there is a way to make a better one.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 22:33 »
There was this idea some time ago. Idk if it will work here but need 2 things

1. Need autohost functionality which i almost finished making (but now nobody to work on it)

2. Need to fix !balance which means need to fix psr formula too. Already talked 100 times about it again main problem is that nobody will work on it, not enough technical staff to work on lagabuse projects and nobody experienced with ranked games balancing (but plenty to give bans left and right ofc, only thing they can anyway)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 22:45 by luke »

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 00:02 »
I dislike the idea of autohosting, as I spent a lot of time with @AGENT playing castle fight on autohosted bot - its very bad for so many reasons and it ruined some games because we were unable to kick some random Peruvian - Argentinan or whatever player which comes with 1500ms latency prior game start.

Lets just say that most of the times, for any random reasons(latency/stats/country/he just left from another game as ilidan123 and joined as ilidan124/he is marask/or whichever other) you want to kick certain group of players from a game, or at least not want them in your team, and in autohost you can't do this.

There are ofcourse various other reasons why games shouldn't be autohosted, but I'll let someone else figure it out for now. Anyway if you can't bother on lobbying for 10 minutes, why bother playing for 30-40 more?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:05 by Akuma »
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] LA staff - Moderator IHRL Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 01:32 »
For this to be implemented, autobalance should also factor in k/d/a and wr%. Otherwise it will be random and very often unbalanced.
Mainly due to top players that join with low games account.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 01:45 »
Well, its complicated. But im sure you will find a solution, since it seems to be a demanded thing

Offline Confused-o_O-

• Topic Author
  • Server Account: Confused-o_O-
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 08:05 »
Im not suggesting switching manual hosting to auto hosting. Im not concerned about balance or balancing system as well, even if there was none - random shuffle would do just fine.

In some games host swap players in a way that even if balance seems ok you have very little chance of winning, mainly because stats reset so often and players have many accounts. Psr is not reflecting the actual psr player is going to reach.

There are players with bad stats, sometimes they are bad/new players, sometimes they had a bad game or two and then they are getting kicked from every game or swapped to 2nd team ruining their stats even further.

Manual hosting is superior at the game quality if done right, but let's be honest, most of the games are hosted by players who just abuse the system.

Offline phaq

• Silly Donkey
  • Server Account: phaq
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 09:04 »
There is nothing quite as pleasant as the recursion situation that occurs in real life.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:28 by phaq »
Farewell my friends.  Life is cruel and Anastasia calling me. To war

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 20:21 »
Im not suggesting switching manual hosting to auto hosting. Im not concerned about balance or balancing system as well, even if there was none - random shuffle would do just fine.

In some games host swap players in a way that even if balance seems ok you have very little chance of winning, mainly because stats reset so often and players have many accounts. Psr is not reflecting the actual psr player is going to reach.

There are players with bad stats, sometimes they are bad/new players, sometimes they had a bad game or two and then they are getting kicked from every game or swapped to 2nd team ruining their stats even further.

Manual hosting is superior at the game quality if done right, but let's be honest, most of the games are hosted by players who just abuse the system.
random shuffle would fuck the psr distribution system for sure so it has to be done with the autobalance aswell but like Iernesto said sometimes the system fails to balance the game 50-50

Offline 4K

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2021, 21:02 »
:what:

Auto hosting will be good cuz some people are kicks noobs from host. :c ^^

I think not balance is not problem, players is <<

https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6400974

1 afking / blind - Kunkka

2 player is scared to fights - Furion

3 Player spammed for type !FF we could win - Lina

4 after his death dc to leave - Huskar.

K/D/A is very important in balance ^^
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 21:04 by 4K »
goodbye.

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2021, 08:49 »
I disagree.

I think, D/I/R is very important
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2021, 03:27 »
I disagree.

I think, D/I/R is very important

You are forgetting that substats are very important too. I suggest to consider both M/E/D and e/e/R for maximum balance

Offline KeMCek

• Ogar Master
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • 4x Bloodstone > 3x Bloodstone
  • Server Account: KeMCek
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Deer Member LA staff - Moderator Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month [RARE] Winner of 5 Warlock Tours [LEGENDARY] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Tours staff member [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2021, 16:19 »
also KeMCek is important!
Yo mama so fat she uses Google Earth to take a selfie.