Author Topic: Start the game timer bugs  (Read 3581 times)

Offline komori

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Start the game timer bugs
« on: June 03, 2021, 22:58 »
1 Can anyone explain why is it 10 seconds time actually 5 or less seconds after usage of !start command?
2 Player in lobby is locked in game if he leave the lobby on 2 or 3 seconds before start, or another case is player has left the game lobby and is somewhere else, but the game already started with his name and without him and the game is draw?

08:40    strumica    !start
08:40       Game is starting, game mode is set to [sd].
08:40       10. . .
08:40       9. . .
08:41       8. . .
08:42       7. . .
08:42       6. . .
08:43       5. . .
08:43       4. . .
08:44       3. . .
08:44       2. . .
08:45       1. . .

game for timer https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6392225

Offline komori

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Start the game timer bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 02:20 »
Player reaction and decition to play the game or to leave is in 2 or 3 seconds, all after that is complication

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 07:47 »
What is your proposal?

Offline komori

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 20:32 »
Make it 10 seconds instead of 5, normal time. For users who leave during loading make command in lobby !ban user and no complications.
Detection if player is in game in progress and kick from next game if in game in progress, anti-leaver detection.

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 12:25 »
Make it 10 seconds instead of 5, normal time. For users who leave during loading make command in lobby !ban user and no complications.
Detection if player is in game in progress and kick from next game if in game in progress, anti-leaver detection.
Some people leave the game at countdown if host locks slots, does not balance etc.. it is a fair thing to do so we can't ban for that.

I can make it 10 seconds sure, will add into next release.

Offline komori

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 13:38 »
Some people await for host to start the game and they leave purposely to draw the game. Usual practice to do harm on host , and then they create game remake.

For users who leave during loading make command in lobby !ban user and no complications.
Some people leave the game at countdown if host locks slots, does not balance etc.. it is a fair thing to do so we can't ban for that.
Not ban on user , ban in lobby like !hold command. !hold command disables votekick user option, and so new command option opposite to !hold can do !ban user in lobby , and can allow host to kick away user from his lobby for that instance.
User can join now the same lobby over 1000 times and spam or insult , or call players to join his friend game - nowadays the most popular trend.
It is a fair thing to give host ability to remove from lobby player who is there for not gaming reasons.

Offline HowTo...

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 18:21 »
Some people await for host to start the game and they leave purposely to draw the game. Usual practice to do harm on host , and then they create game remake.

For users who leave during loading make command in lobby !ban user and no complications.
Not ban on user , ban in lobby like !hold command. !hold command disables votekick user option, and so new command option opposite to !hold can do !ban user in lobby , and can allow host to kick away user from his lobby for that instance.
User can join now the same lobby over 1000 times and spam or insult , or call players to join his friend game - nowadays the most popular trend.
It is a fair thing to give host ability to remove from lobby player who is there for not gaming reasons.

host is already able to kick player from lobby, and he has 2 ways of doing so:

1.  !open N    -where N is slot number 1 to 10
2.  !kick player_name   -or use unique part of the players name

Offline komori

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 19:34 »
Read my post again HowTo... You can kick me 1000 times and nothing, I am in your game in 5 seconds.
You can kick a player with !kick !open !min and !max. !hold will put a player in the same position compared to host. What are You going to do with a player who wants to sabotage host in lobby? !open and !kick are useless commands in this case. The only solution is kickban like command.

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 21:32 »
It was never an issue to instantly kick a player, regardless of how much times he joins
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2021, 08:00 »
@cen3
Also, why is it not possible to votekick the host?
I dont know what the majority of players think, but in my opinion hosts shouldnt have reserved status. They can ruin games too...

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] LA staff - Moderator IHRL Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2021, 17:35 »
Read my post again HowTo... You can kick me 1000 times and nothing, I am in your game in 5 seconds.
You can kick a player with !kick !open !min and !max. !hold will put a player in the same position compared to host. What are You going to do with a player who wants to sabotage host in lobby? !open and !kick are useless commands in this case. The only solution is kickban like command.
Copy !kick name
Paste and press enter

It takes 0.5sec. 10years I never had an issue. Rarely a player will .join 5-10 times and then he gets bored and stops

Offline komori

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2021, 12:00 »
Are we the lobby Creators , owners of the lobby free to decide who will play the game and in which team or that decision is upon someone else and for whatever reason on moderator or admin mind user can get unofficial or official warn or ban? Am I free to decide when to start the game? As we spoke before https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php/topic,200021.msg710118.html#msg710118 , the player is having 3-4 seconds to leave the lobby in case something is not fulfilling his expectations , if the server is bugged and user get caught in "Player left the game during loading" bug , this is not supposed to be my responsibility as the game Creator!? What is wrong in my case , I have to use !start so the game can start. How to warn 9 users to save myself from ban the next time when happen and is this warning really necessary? This is the first time to see this , more information about such a rule is not available in https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php/topic,1425.0.html#post_ingame
The great success is to start the game under 10 minutes in the lobby, and now after regular ban request and ban on user who was reported , 4K warned me for awkward reason:

Can you warn players before starts a game? or I'll ban you for next time.

to check !RS and any wishes?

crixusundefeat - !banned for Mass leaving during loading.
https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php/topic,200151.0.html

07:58    komorisensifer    !rall
07:58       -thelegend- (1736), PO3KA3 (1692), crackhe (1685), mr.brown.61 (1681), CrixusUndefeat (1649), ^svabo^ (1647), ortaaam (1601), komorisensifer (1589), dicKao (1572), SuperHaoS (1505)
07:59    -thelegend-    go
08:00       [Did you know?] Check your minimap often. You may discover that you are about to be ambushed.
08:07    -thelegend-    !rall
08:09    mr.brown.61    !sd po
08:11    komorisensifer    !swap 5 8
08:12    komorisensifer    !rs
08:12       Sentinel avg. PSR: 1632(44% to win, WR=53%), Scourge avg. PSR: 1639(56% to win, WR=49%)
08:20    -thelegend-    !sd kom
08:25    komorisensifer    !p
08:25       mr.brown.61: 104ms, crackhe: 98ms, -thelegend-: 57ms, CrixusUndefeat: 48ms, komorisensifer: 36ms, ortaaam: 31ms, ^svabo^: 30ms, SuperHaoS: 27ms, PO3KA3: 25ms, dicKao: 23ms
08:28    komorisensifer    !start
08:28       Game is starting, game mode is set to [ap].
08:28       10. . .
08:28       9. . .
08:29       8. . .
08:29       7. . .
08:30       6. . .
08:30       5. . .
08:31       4. . .
08:31       3. . .
08:32       2. . .
08:32       1. . .

00:00       [All]    This game is being hosted by lagabuse bot, visit www.lagabuse.com for the rules, ban/unban requests and more.
00:00       [All]    Player crixusundefeat left the game during loading! This game won't affect your ladder stats, game result will be a draw.
00:00       [All]    Autoban is OFF, you can now leave or continue playing for fun.

This is situation and only this in ban request , I'm feeling shocked 
e) Leaving lobby(Loading abuse) during countdown (resulting draw ingame) ,will lead to a ban.

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] LA staff - Moderator IHRL Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2021, 15:10 »
You can post unban request or warn removal request in the unban section. If you have any complain about our moderators you can post in the complaints board.