Author Topic: Suggestion for Stacking  (Read 12310 times)

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion for Stacking
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2021, 00:40 »
The recent update should address this problem.
at the start of the year it was said that stats were going to be reseted once a year,now u said u are going to do it in 1 july why so?
reseting stats so often just ruins the fun and the commitment of the players. we still havent reached the point to play a RD/SD 1700+game which was a normal thing few years back. give the players time to reach their level so we can play once again pro games and no pros hunting for stats and noobs getting wrecked.

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2021, 02:00 »
Maybe, depends on what impact the limits will do to the ladder.

Offline MarvinJunior

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2021, 04:04 »
@Happy.. bring back the RD 1700 pro games

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2021, 07:30 »
@MarvinJunior where do I sign

Offline territory23

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2021, 22:09 »
After Cen's last post about new formula on balance system, 80-20 balance game is possible again. But pro players that stack and host a 80-20 game will get no PSR. What about low players in other team, they lose the game for sure and lost 20-30 PSR?

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2021, 22:28 »
After Cen's last post about new formula on balance system, 80-20 balance game is possible again. But pro players that stack and host a 80-20 game will get no PSR. What about low players in other team, they lose the game for sure and lost 20-30 PSR?
After such a player loses enough PSR he/she would probably learn to leave such lobbies and not play them. Non-automated lobbies can't be fixed in every single way.

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2021, 22:34 »
Its about high risk,high reward. Yeah the risk to lose the game its pretty high but they earn much more psr and they lose less as usuall so u choose to play or not.

Offline territory23

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2021, 00:45 »
After such a player loses enough PSR he/she would probably learn to leave such lobbies and not play them. Non-automated lobbies can't be fixed in every single way.

Yes, and we didn't need a new balance formula from this point of view.

My aim was having good games in every single match, no matter how pro or bad you are. We are all here for good game.

When it is easy to prevent stacking, by adding a stacking rule in lobby rules, I do not understand how come we get into the same point that we were 1 month ago, after all new formulas and 4 pages of topic.

Offline komori

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2021, 03:32 »

Yes, and we didn't need a new balance formula from this point of view.

My aim was having good games in every single match, no matter how pro or bad you are. We are all here for good game.

When it is easy to prevent stacking, by adding a stacking rule in lobby rules, I do not understand how come we get into the same point that we were 1 month ago, after all new formulas and 4 pages of topic.
Nonsense, what does it means having good games in every single match? Game quality depends on player quality, and what you are asking about imaginable stacking rule in lobby rules is just ridiculous. Stacking rule in lobby rules is your desire with the only purpose to report other players because they are going to kick you because your gaming level is bellow 1500PSR quality. To have a good game game needsa good players. Tell me if your performances in this game qualify you for good games? This is why there aregames for higher level of players and lower levels. See your performance, 1400 PSR player should play the game with his equals, and this mean to cooperate with teammates, to push and defend with team and not to game ruining like in this game where you went solo all game long and refused to play with us and to defend https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6386914

And the last to say is +0 PSR means player without benefits will not be interested in game and his teammates are going to suffer because of that. +1 and more -penalty for losing the game is motivational thing. If player can win 5 games each with 1 psr for 5 psr in total, if he lose 1 game in unbalanced game he can lose -5 for example, so as result his need is to win all the time and 1 failure means hard work and invested time in 5 games is down.

Offline Confused-o_O-

• Server Account: Confused-o_O-
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2021, 10:15 »
well, it was fun while it lasted, managed to play only 2 games tho :)

Offline territory23

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2021, 10:36 »
Well, this is a direct insult and I am not going to start a conversation on it. You can still use a report for me, if you think I was the sole reason of or loss. You can see the chatlog in same link, and what happened really.

But thank you for giving a good example of bad game. As you see, this game is balanced because both teams have high PSR players. 1675 psr carry played 2-11, while 1665 psr on other team played 12-0. That caused the game to end in 30 mins. According to your idea, that 1675 had to play vey good and low players in his team had to ruin that game?

Playing with players in your level is an option, but in order to improve your skills you need to play with pros. Thats why there are many mixed games. Yes, I am also looking to balance them instead of blaming players.

I agree game quality depends on player level and psr balance theorically puts pros and noobs in same team. Some players really ruins games, like rage quitting, selling items, sabotaging teammates and they got a ban for that. But players with low skills, not having an intention of ruining the game can benefit from mixed games. If you like, you can see many games in my account, where I played like 1700  PSR with my “1400 psr” account, and lost games because real 1700 PSR played bad. This is a result of having mixed games and learning  how to play.

Kicking players out of the game is not my interest. Hosts are responsible for their games and they can kick anyone. Personally, when I host a mid quality game, I kick players with very good KDA just to have a good game. Many hosts lock them in their team to have easy psr. It is completely up to host.

And please express your opinions without blaming anyone if you want to discuss on a topic.

And finally as a reply of your first question, good game means a 50+min, same level of kills, 2nd level towers destroyed and team played game to me.

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2021, 11:29 »
i have been playing here for 10 years now and stacking was never a problem,i dont know why so much energy is invested on something that is not that important. its not stack whos ruining the balance of the games,its the balance system who uses only the players psr to balance the game and not k/d ratio. if we manage somehow to include that aswell would be great. doing such rules just for someone who has been using fake balance in order to win some games is not needed because the matter got adressed allready.

Offline Confused-o_O-

• Server Account: Confused-o_O-
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2021, 11:43 »
psr does not predict how good a player will play in a game. Dota2 has different mmr for roles, but even then a player can underperform or outperform his ranking. To have a good game is more based on common knowledge about that game, example: you pick 1 or 0 hard farming carry (meaning farming in woods), you pick 2nd core for mid that will need some farm and 3rd core that can farm in lanes because he has high survivability. Then you have 2 supports, one of whom can play with almost no items and another one that needs just a few. Supports buy wards and move around the map to help allies and are getting gold/fame from kills/assists.

If you have a good team composition it will be a good game despite how high or low psr is. If you have 3-4 core heroes who all need to farm to be impactful your games will be shit no matter if you win or lose.

https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6353986

here is a 40+min game where I have 7 cs
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 11:49 by Confused-o_O- »

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] LA staff - Moderator IHRL Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2021, 13:30 »
The new system will prevent high psr players from earning psr when the game is unbalanced. That means a more balanced game since host needs a good balance to earn psr.
Current system (62-38 = no start) is not viable. A very good player within a few days can reach top 10 and then most of the time he cant play in a single lobby and needs to wait till late that there are higher psr players.

Regarding having a 'good' game that's difficult when most 1500-1400 players keep picking carries, stealing farm from better players etc. The problem is that the vast majority of players overestimate its abillities. New and more experienced players playing together started happening only the last years due to a smaller player base. In the past we had 2200+ games, 2000+, 1800+, max 1700 etc.

Offline territory23

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2021, 15:29 »
Thats why I offered to add a rule, instead of changing balance commands. It works really simple, high psrs can play in every game and if host stack a few hgh psrs (or new accounts with good kda numbers) on his team and if this is not a friend game, then it can be bannable. It is not a mandatory command, it is open for admins evaluation, just like other rules.

This solution is not blocking anyone from playling  in games, it does not need any new commands. It is a practical solution for everyone.

Actually, this topic was opened for the discussion of adding a rule to lobby rules but it changed to our new balance system. Can we talk about my first offer? Do you think there is a problem in implementing such a rule?