Author Topic: Suggestion for Stacking  (Read 12466 times)

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion for Stacking
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2021, 13:36 »
Obviously I understand what you mean. But playing 5 carries, would loose you the game, so you would loose PSR. This is why it should be 50% psr and 50% KDA ratio.
The players would play to win, and the KDA ratio would balance the lobby by players skills, not only PSR.

You can't just focus both, so players would start playing roles in game, not just everyone taking carry. And the balance comand would at least split players according to their skills...well, at least to some degree.

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2021, 16:49 »
Ultimately what matters is winning the game. You can't really get 1600+ PSR just by being lucky with bad stats or have bad PSR and good stats. Everything is kinda connected together and averaged out, so if you add KDA and WL into the balance formula for example, I am not sure it would change the end result a lot or at all.

Offline bbctakeover

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2021, 17:16 »
I didnt get to play yet but this system looks better already as winrate is the important issue and those +1 points players wont be in the ladder anymore aka tooshade.One more suggestion is make autobalanced game and increase the point reward in those games. I think this would fix everything

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2021, 17:22 »
Well, then balance would mean not only PSR average (as it is now), but KDA average/team too.
If this isn't helping balance, then I don't know what does.

Offline territory23

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2021, 17:50 »

I am willing to experiment with adding KDA into the mix but as a starting point, I need to see a lobby where:
- A: the balance formula says the game is balanced, but it is actually not, here is why..

Here it is. Nr94 had almost new account with very good stats. Game was balanced.

https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6390222

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2021, 18:45 »

I am willing to experiment with adding KDA into the mix but as a starting point, I need to see a lobby where:
- A: the balance formula says the game is balanced, but it is actually not, here is why..

Here it is. Nr94 had almost new account with very good stats. Game was balanced.

https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6390222
i dont think there is any chance to balance that game with 8 players having negative scores and one having 15 k per game so that is not the best example to be taken.

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2021, 19:09 »
I dont understand the problem with this psr system how do you expect it to be perfect?
From what I have seen 1700 + players are always better than lower psrs. There are exceptional cases where someone opens a new account or doesnt play for a long time and comes back.
There are exceptions in the ladder where player has high points and on top of the ladder aka stackers and +1 point players. It can be fixed easliy or maybe already fixed, couldnt play this new system yet.

KDA is a bad idea it would only make games more toxic. Also it is a big fuck you to suicide players such as @jordanpeterson

Yet there is a problem that if a high psr player wont get psr from a game he will open a new account and system flawed again.

Could be good if multiaccount wasnt allowed like hwid system to eb =>1 pc= 1 id
Could be good if there was a autohost games or a system where host only determines the psr limit and everything is automatic. And players get different ladder/ more points for such games.

Also when you play with 1900 account and get all 1400 players and if enemy has 2-3 1600 -1700 players you can see that there is a good skill level difference between them as sub 1600 players barely make any contribution to the game depending on their hero. These games are so hard to win
cen update the map please

Offline territory23

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2021, 19:11 »
I agree with you ilikedat, but I mean there are very good players with low PSRs. Especially when they create new accounts.

https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6390204

This one is better example. He was in sentinel, teaming up with the highest PSR in that game.  Maybe all 1600+ needed to play against him.

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2021, 19:12 »
I dont understand the problem with this psr system how do you expect it to be perfect?
From what I have seen 1700 + players are always better than lower psrs. There are exceptional cases where someone opens a new account or doesnt play for a long time and comes back.
There are exceptions in the ladder where player has high points and on top of the ladder aka stackers and +1 point players. It can be fixed easliy or maybe already fixed, couldnt play this new system yet.

KDA is a bad idea it would only make games more toxic. Also it is a big fuck you to suicide players such as @jordanpeterson

Yet there is a problem that if a high psr player wont get psr from a game he will open a new account and system flawed again.

Could be good if multiaccount wasnt allowed like hwid system to eb =>1 pc= 1 id
Could be good if there was a autohost games or a system where host only determines the psr limit and everything is automatic. And players get different ladder/ more points for such games.

Also when you play with 1900 account and get all 1400 players and if enemy has 2-3 1600 -1700 players you can see that there is a good skill level difference between them as sub 1600 players barely make any contribution to the game depending on their hero. These games are so hard to win

Tldr:
Psr system does its job getting good players on higher bad players on lower ranks but there are outliers
cen update the map please

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2021, 19:47 »
So the simplest to implement would be too make PSR system more rewarding/punishing if the win percentage is not balanced.lets say team 1 has 80% win chance, then their psr loss should be more punishing, and winnnig less psr as it would be 50-50.
This would discourage hosts from stacking too.
(altought it wouldn't make games more balanced as KDA ratio would).

Offline 4K

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2021, 12:28 »
2021 DotA :)

This my opinion(bad/good) will make all fine.

Why not let ppls choose, should be like this (Example) use like !YES/GO or !READY, and disable cmd !start force + add votekick in game lobby 6/7 votes if player afk/refused to go ready.
goodbye.

Offline grga_man

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: Star_scream
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2021, 12:33 »

Why not let ppls choose, should be like this (Example) use like !YES/GO or !READY, and disable cmd !start force + add votekick in game lobby 6/7 votes if player afk/refused to go ready.

So why copy rgc system, you can simply join rgc.. I mean so much effort for something that exists already.

Offline 4K

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2021, 12:41 »

So why copy rgc system, you can simply join rgc.. I mean so much effort for something that exists already.

No copy(Don't take ideas like copy^^, And if 5 friends or 4 or 3 friends want to play together, basically penalizing the whole friends when no together play..
goodbye.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2021, 12:54 »
Where are friends play always will be stackers

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door