Author Topic: Two Dota maps are destroying server.  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Luffy

• Topic Author
  • Server Account: Luffy-
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Two Dota maps are destroying server.
« on: April 01, 2021, 10:28 »
Hi guys,

I can't see why over the last year this server hasn't evolved to DOTA 7.0?
There were hundreds of patches over the years, and the server never stayed on two, or on the old. The game is progressing, a balance is being made over and over, and I think the old map should stay in history. With one map there would always be a game for everyone, some good players would quickly adapt and things could be normal. Like this, it's just messed up.

Just some suggestions to make this server better, more active and more fun.

Best regards to all,
Luffy

Offline Program

• Server Account: Pr0gram
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Two Dota maps are destroying server.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 14:45 »
Agree.

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 15:48 »
Hi guys,

There were hundreds of patches over the years, and the server never stayed on two, or on the old. The game is progressing, a balance is being made over and over, and I think the old map should stay in history. With one map there would always be a game for everyone, some good players would quickly adapt and things could be normal. Like this, it's just messed up.

Best regards to all,
Luffy
because maps are created and updated by somebody else and not from us,if u dont like the new map u can allways play the old one.

Offline phaq

• Silly Donkey
  • Server Account: phaq
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 16:44 »
Hi guys,

Best regards to all,
Luffy

With all respect, I disagree with your opinion. It is obviously very enjoyable to exploit Tuskar's ultimate.
Farewell my friends.  Life is cruel and Anastasia calling me. To war

Offline MarvinJunior

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 17:18 »
Wait for it

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 17:41 »

Offline Luffy

• Topic Author
  • Server Account: Luffy-
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 20:09 »
Hi guys,

Best regards to all,
Luffy
because maps are created and updated by somebody else and not from us,if u dont like the new map u can allways play the old one.

That is a valid point of course. But that is not the practice in Dota 2 or any other game. People get used to a new patch. Professionals don't play patch from the last 3years, that play current. My point is, besides the one mentioned in the thread, that there are too few members on each of the sides (old map/ new map), and together, this server could be awesome to play Dota 1 on.

Best to all,
Luffy

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 23:36 »
It is obviously very enjoyable to exploit Tuskar's ultimate.

Some people cant adapt to new interface. Also new dota map harder you need to play more and not just afk farm and get same thing as who play.

Y i think 2 maps was bad solution, could leave old 1 unranked for example. 2 maps is good but whats point to have 2 maps when you need to wait 1 hour for game and game is 20 min cuz of stackers?