Author Topic: Dota6.9 and Dota7 comparison, statistics and suggestions  (Read 78156 times)

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dota6.9 and Dota7 comparison, statistics and suggestions
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2020, 22:57 »
@Sejtura you gonna lobby for sanctions now when your mate's publicly calling someone a racist with no reason whatsoever? Or do your sanctions apply only to sarcasm?

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2020, 23:15 »
@nikolagay only you understand yourself. Go back to school and educate yourself.

Boy the irony. What to pinpoint first, the fact that you're misusing the term "Racism" the whole time, or the fact that you claim you're pursuing equality while trying to shut down 7.00 entirely?

You're either a troll with too much free time on your hands, or just ignorant as hell. Either way you're not my problem, thank God. Have fun with whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish, I'll just hit you up in person in case we really have to discuss all this BS.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 09:44 by nikolagay »

Offline MarvinJunior

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2020, 23:46 »
@nikolagay good points, but go back to school and educate yourself on RACISM
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 23:48 by MarvinJunior »

Offline Nexxus

• dota expert analytics department
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2020, 23:53 »
whats the whole point of this fucking thread actually i dont get it? why you trying to shut down the v7 completely? why not let the people play that map and you play the one you prefer, its simple as that, its like trying to tell someone that sells fastfood, dont sell hotdogs sell only pizza cuz its prefered by the majority?????????????????
are you actually retarded or what????? @mordor911

Offline HowTo...

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2020, 17:39 »
Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't the purpose of this topic to keep v6 alive?

Im counting myself as the one, who would have left dota all together (after 15+ years of playing) if v6 is gone...simply didnt fall in love with v7.
Based on bot changes (!pub/!publ) it looks like that cen has no intention of dropping v6 all together, which I really appreciate as lots of ppl here. I wouldn't mind to play v6 on non ladder, like custom map, but problem would be increased amount of leavers due to no autoban in those kind of games.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 04:36 by HowTo... »

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2020, 18:01 »

Im counting myself as the one, who would have left dota all together (after 15+ years of playing) if v6 is gone...simply didnt fall in love with v7.
Based on bot changes (!pub/!publ) it looks like that cen has no intention of dropping v6 all together, which I really appreciate as lots of ppl here. I wouldn't mind to pay v6 on non ladder, like custom map, but problem would be increased amount of leavers due to no autoban in those kind of games.

Well, it could done that number of games counted in v6 games and psr and stats not. And autoban could still work too

Offline HowTo...

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2020, 18:18 »
w/e way it works mate, Im afraid that PSR is motivation for some sort of players, but personally I dont rly care about it...the only thing I rly care about is good game (win or loose doenst matter)

Sort of disagree with a section of stats not counting as I play v6, I dont even have v7 map downloaded, and trying to balance games based on some sort of stats is better than no balance at all. At the minute we only have PSR based system. Maybe not necessarily shared ladder could have been an option, but thats not up to me...

Offline mordor911

• No to Dota2
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2020, 04:09 »
Boy the irony. What to pinpoint first, the fact that you're misusing the term "Racism" the whole time, or the fact that you claim you're pursuing equality while trying to shut down 7.00 entirely?
whats the whole point of this fucking thread actually i dont get it? why you trying to shut down the v7 completely? why not let the people play that map and you play the one you prefer, its simple as that, its like trying to tell someone that sells fastfood, dont sell hotdogs sell only pizza cuz its prefered by the majority?????????????????
are you actually retarded or what????? mordor911
Nexxus did you read anything in this topic or Happy.. and MarvinJunior made your post for you? My posts are clear enough. Why is separating 2 games with 2 ladders shutting down v7 completely? Or why you do not support idea to have informative !pub command and both maps with !pubSomething?

cen   yesterday Dota6.9 got almost 70% of games. It is more than obvious to see this number is increasing every day for Dota6.9 and Dota7 aka Dota2 game popularity drops. Make Dota6.9 map default again with !pub command, see my proofs/daily statistics.
Gaming experience has been ruined to 70% players 2 weeks ago with switching command and here are few ideas how to fix current situation and to improve gaming experience to 70% players:

- Just switch map again, Dota6.9 as default map with !pub command and Dota7 with !pubSomething

- Separate 2 leagues with 2 ladders for new season, with separated commands and with separated custom games
/w lagabuse !pub name - for Dota6.9
/w la-dota !pub name - for Dota7
or vice versa, /w lagabuse was used in past for original Dota and should be given to Dota6.9
/w customgame !pub name - for custom games

- If separating like this is not possible, give back !pub to 6.9 and make 2 ladders for 2 games. Make exception in database to split 2 maps into 2 public ladders.

- If all above is not possible make !pub to be informative and give to both maps !pubSomething

/w la-dota !pub name
    You whisper to la-dota: !pub name
    la-dota whispers: To host Dota6.9 map use /w la-dota !pubc name | To host Dota7.0 map use /w la-dota !pubn name
To repeat again, favoritism of Dota7 without reason is damaging Dota6.9 in the long run, and Dota6.9 is much more popular with 70% of player base and need to be primary and default map, if not default, then give equality, no advantage should be given to Dota7.

Thank you for not leaving dota. Yes the purpose of this topic is to keep Dota6.9 alive and to make it be at least equal to Dota7.0. Why equal? Because the current situation is in favor to Dota7 and Dota7 lobbyists (the Lobbying group of people) wants to suppress or remove completely our Dota6.9 and every opinion or complain about current situation. Since my first post in this topic you can notice spam posts from The Lobbying group where they are trying to suppress every good opinion about Dota6.9, or statistics and ideas. There is no reason to overtake from Dota6.9 and grant !pub command to Dota7, see statistics where Dota6.9 have 65-70% of games played, from this logic there is no reason to give !pub to map which is not Dota1 related map and which have 30-35% games. Much better for both games to have informative command !pub with info how to create the game and !pub something for both games to create the game.

Based on bot changes (!pub/!publ) it looks like that cen has no intention of dropping v6 all together, which I really appreciate as lots of ppl here. I wouldn't mind to pay v6 on non ladder, like custom map, but problem would be increased amount of leavers due to no autoban in those kind of games.
Unfortunately you are wrong about that, see this topic and what is previously announced:
https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php/topic,197563.msg702594.html#msg702594
Quote from: cen on August 04, 2020, 23:47
After reading the discussions and player feedback here is what will be done for now:
1. 6.90a8 will be put back as default.
2. v7.00d1 will be available via !privobs and will count towards ladder.
- some of the bugs and imbalances mentioned tell me it is not quite the prime time for v7, we will wait for final release before putting it back as default.
- I expect v6 will have to be removed in the long term, depending on the game stats.
My expectations are from 70% Dota6.9 players after removing Dota6.9 map, minimum 50% from total number is going to leave this server and from 1000 Dota games per week, remaining games will drop to about 200 games per week.
In the long run if Dota6.9 will stay, removing of !pub means slowly pushing away Dota1 aka Dota6.9 map and placing Dota7 aka Dota2 as replacement. Logic is very simple, player is trying to host the game and with !pub he is creating Dota7 and here comes confusion and he leave or wait on someone else to create. Another example, player wants to create remake, he goes with !pub instead of !publ and again Dota7 map is created. Other players already came to the game, so host need to !unhost. Entire process takes 30s to 1 minute because when you unhost you can not create instantly, but it takes another 15-20 seconds and players are gone, wasted time... This is great inspiration to stop playing that day and to play something else. If you read entire topic you will create entire picture of current situation.
This slow process will have effect over time and players will leave, less players means less games, and all because administration and the Lobbying group who wants to remove Dota1. Dota7 can not be considered as Dota1 map because it is not.
Playing map as custom game won't work, ladder and PSR are the reason why people play so hard to expect enough players to play. Leavers is another not so relevant problem since there is a small chance to start custom game.

w/e way it works mate, Im afraid that PSR is motivation for some sort of players, but personally I dont rly care about it...the only thing I rly care about is good game (win or loose doenst matter)

Sort of disagree with a section of stats not counting as I play v6, I dont even have v7 map downloaded, and trying to balance games based on some sort of stats is better than no balance at all. At the minute we only have PSR based system. Maybe not necessarily shared ladder could have been an option, but thats not up to me...
Current idea with ladder is joke and makes entire league false. One group is playing 1st game, another is playing 2nd game and ladder is shared by people who are playing different games. Cool improvement is to share this ladder with GreenTD, LegionTD, twrpg, Unicorn Orpg, Pudge Wars, SurvivalChaos, GaiasORPG and DotA_LoD. After all this is all Dota1.
Luckily all 4 moderators are Dota6.9 players, from admins ksv is 6.9 map player, no much info about others.

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2020, 08:44 »
Cool improvement is to share this ladder with GreenTD, LegionTD, twrpg, Unicorn Orpg, Pudge Wars, SurvivalChaos, GaiasORPG and DotA_LoD. After all this is all Dota1.

Uhm... What?

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2020, 09:35 »
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2020, 14:42 »
I think shared ladder will backfire anyway because 1 player can play 7.00 which is more or less balanced and bugs and op heroes get fixed and another can play lich on 6.9 who has over 50% win rate. But guess which 1 will have more psr?

Offline MarvinJunior

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline MarvinJunior

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2020, 23:31 »
@mordor911  please stop hiring assassins to ruin my games

https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6347936

@Brandy did he offer you a spot in his infamous stack?

Offline mordor911

• No to Dota2
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2020, 06:48 »
I think shared ladder will backfire anyway because 1 player can play 7.00 which is more or less balanced and bugs and op heroes get fixed and another can play lich on 6.9 who has over 50% win rate. But guess which 1 will have more psr?
Not only Lich, good carry with Roof in team is 2x stronger, Storm makes game harder to deward with his infinite damage and some other heroes can have over 50% win rate easily. After all it is good every hero can be countered and heroes like Lich and Storm are not on high level in the most of the games. This makes Dota6.9 balanced game.
Dota7 players are in advantage to be higher ranked because the game is less balanced and Dota7 duration is usually much shorter compared to Dota6.9 where average playing time is above 45 minutes. This is not hard visually to be noticed on the Stats page. There are exceptions where Dota7 games are extremely long, probably not possible to finish for both teams, here is one good example - bladekino, 2 games in less than 4 hours and average game time 93 minutes?
Longer game = less PSR compared to faster game player in this situation.
2 different games situation.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 06:53 by mordor911 »

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: December 24, 2020, 13:16 »
+ to whatever @mordor911 said in this topic.

He has a point.