Author Topic: Dota6.9 and Dota7 comparison, statistics and suggestions  (Read 81432 times)

Offline MarvinJunior

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dota6.9 and Dota7 comparison, statistics and suggestions
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2020, 22:07 »
New season hype @mordor911

Offline mordor911

• No to Dota2
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2020, 00:03 »
dota2eurobattle.league will start in the following days.
@https://www.dota2.com/league/ - take care because dota2eurobattle will steal your players

@territory23  truth, Dota7 aka Dota2 is very balanced to play. In one game Witch Doctor super carry had easy job to destroy Mortred, Tuskar and 3 more guys, alone. Not possible in Dota1 map6.9

dota8 is coming mister mordor
prepare your graphs !
Good Luck.

Offline mordor911

• No to Dota2
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2020, 00:36 »
Week2: Total games = 638+362 = 1000
Dota6.9 = Day1+Day2+Day3+Day4+Day5+Day6+Day7+to1000 = 99 +109+ 59 + 79 + 99 + 86 + 101 + 6 = 638 map6.9 games finished
Dota7.0 = Day1+Day2+Day3+Day4+Day5+Day6+Day7+to1000 = 45 + 71 + 31 + 41 + 51 + 38 +  78  + 7 = 362 map7.0 games finished

Reminder Week1 results:

Dota6.9 = 613 games finished
Dota7.0 = 387 games finished
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 00:40 by mordor911 »

Offline Nexxus

• dota expert analytics department
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2020, 10:33 »
@territory23 you've been awfully quiet, what's your opinion on this subject?

Also, what's the status update on your balance formula? Can you do some analysis on ingame balance of v7 players vs v6?

v7 is more unfair because only good players can level up and if you have  bad line you can see lvl 6 players in 15 minutes. In old map, better players only got more gold but in v7 they have more gold + level (i mean, like lvl 15 vs lvl 7).

My old formula about balance consist of KDA stats and points for each score, instead of PSR. The formula is the same, regardless of map. For example +2 points for Kills, -1 for deaths and +1 for assists. There we have the player score.

I came across a stiuation that I got 1380 PSR with 4-6-9 stats and someone got 1600 PSR with same stats. We affect PSR very differently but got same stats. Same goes for new account pro players. They have 1550 PSR but KDA is around 12-4-10.

wow very insane statistics and analysis from our expert analysis territory, i totally agree with you 100% true

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2020, 12:20 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Dota6.9 = Day1+Day2+Day3+Day4+Day5+Day6+Day7+to1000 = 99 +109+ 59 + 79 + 99 + 86 + 101 + 6 = 638 map6.9 games finished
Dota7.0 = Day1+Day2+Day3+Day4+Day5+Day6+Day7+to1000 = 45 + 71 + 31 + 41 + 51 + 38 +  78  + 7 = 362 map7.0 games finished

Reminder Week1 results:

I think you are omitting unfinished Dota 7.XX games on purpose, to change the outcome of this investigation. Calculating only finished games, which amount is showing to us less than half of real picture, will of course bring you desired results.

If we consider those unfinished games, we will see that people are still playing way more games than 362 and 387. They are still playing.
That means those 7.XX games are way more interesting and enjoyable to play, compared to 6.9X games.

On a very serious note, it reminds me of Quantum finish:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 12:24 by AntlermanXXL »
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2020, 13:58 »
Spoiler for Hiden:

Reminder Week1 results:

I think you are omitting unfinished Dota 7.XX games on purpose, to change the outcome of this investigation. Calculating only finished games, which amount is showing to us less than half of real picture, will of course bring you desired results.

If we consider those unfinished games, we will see that people are still playing way more games than 362 and 387. They are still playing.
That means those 7.XX games are way more interesting and enjoyable to play, compared to 6.9X games.

On a very serious note, it reminds me of Quantum finish:

Idk, what about unfinished 6.9 gameS?

Offline Rob_Real

• V.I.P
  • Server Account: Rob_Real
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #2 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2020, 20:39 »
Hello guys!

Many of you asked my personal opinion about dota version. Not sure if my word will be heard but still...

Idea is to have BOTH versions on the server (if possible). Some people like 6.90, some people like 7.00 and so on. I don't want to argue about what version is better, this is a matter of taste. I'm not sure if ladder should be separated for different versions since they are not equal, so this is up to developers.

P. S.
On behalf of community i want to say "Thank you!" to all people who develop and maintain good old game. Many of us played it since childhood. My way started in 2004 from LAN DOTA games. Now I'm 28 and i'm really happy that i still can play it on this server.

Take care guys!
Andrii

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2020, 21:22 »
Finally, someone appreciates work of staff

Offline mordor911

• No to Dota2
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2020, 23:21 »
Dota6.9 = Week1 + Week2 = 613 + 638 = 1251 games played

Dota7.0 = Week1 + Week2 = 387 + 362 =  749  games played

This is done after my first calculations and this is not coincidence. Check Day4 results and fake accounts leavers
https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php/topic,198483.msg705190.html#msg705190
Dota6.9 - draw = 88 - 5 = 83 games
Dota7 - draw = 64 - 16 = 48 games

Logic is if group of few players wants to join the game only to leave and to increase total number of the games for that map, no logic to calculate since it does not give/remove PSR. If 20 of you organize to leave everyone with 1 or 2 accounts, the number of total games for Dota7 can go to 2-5x more than real result without draws.

Hello guys!

Many of you asked my personal opinion about dota version. Not sure if my word will be heard but still...

Idea is to have BOTH versions on the server (if possible). Some people like 6.90, some people like 7.00 and so on. I don't want to argue about what version is better, this is a matter of taste. I'm not sure if ladder should be separated for different versions since they are not equal, so this is up to developers.

P. S.
On behalf of community i want to say "Thank you!" to all people who develop and maintain good old game. Many of us played it since childhood. My way started in 2004 from LAN DOTA games. Now I'm 28 and i'm really happy that i still can play it on this server.

Take care guys!
Andrii
Andrii you missed my posts and my point. Administration could have done it without need to favorise any map, this is why this topic and discussion is open. Next year will be less Dota6.9 games not because presence of Dota7 aka Dota2 and not because 30% of players are playing Dota7, but because administration replaced map which the majority of players play. This advantage comes with idea to do damage to Dota1 aka Dota6.9 and it will be harder to make a game in every point of view. This year average time to create game is not less than 10-15 minutes, in the same time next year it will be 25-30 minutes. Part of players think 6.9 is unavailable to host, or they wait 10-20 minutes in lobby and close WC3 game. This could be fixed with this logic
    /w la-dota !pub name
    You whisper to la-dota: !pub name
    la-dota whispers: To host Dota6.9 map use /w la-dota !pubc name | To host Dota7.0 map use /w la-dota !pubn name
Dota6.9 and Dota7 are not the same game and by this logic, it is logical to add LegionTD, twrpg, GaiasORPG and other maps to the same ladder. No logic to fight for #1 on the ladder if you and your rivals are not playing the same game. This is why separated leagues and separated ladder will make this game more competitive and popular. Now which league and which map will player pick, that is a matter of taste and free will.
The Lobbying group had clear intention to remove Dota6.9 map from the ladder and you are neutral about that. In 6 months - 1 year my posts will show how administration reduced the number of total games and players who play Dota6.9, old players. This is core idea why Dota7 is default map. Nowadays are more games daily than in last 2-3 years.
Idea is to have at least equality, what is current situation can be explained with a single word - Racism.

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2020, 23:28 »
what is current situation can be explained with a single word - Racism.

hhahahhahahahhahah

GG
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 17:05 by Happy.. »

Offline MarvinJunior

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2020, 03:02 »
RACISM LMAO, @mordor911 you have officially lost it

I suggest you take some time off to recover, gl

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2020, 07:46 »
Did you know that despite only making up 13% of total played games 7.00 commits 50% .......

I laughed at the racism part for solid 2 minutes, thanks for making my Monday morning that much bearable!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 08:07 by nikolagay »

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2020, 13:42 »
ahahah

why so racist fairy?

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2020, 16:51 »
My logic was about unfinished, still ongoing games, obviously.
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline mordor911

• No to Dota2
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2020, 22:53 »
RACISM LMAO, mordor911 you have officially lost it

I suggest you take some time off to recover, gl
Lost what? Your friend is racist and your group, the Lobbying group.

Dota6.9 = Week1 + Week2 = 613 + 638 = 1251 games played

Dota7.0 = Week1 + Week2 = 387 + 362 =  749  games played

500 games difference between 2 games played in the last 2 weeks is really small difference. 1000+ games per month... To not forgot advantage of !pub command.

what is current situation can be explained with a single word - Racism.

hhahahhahahahhahah

GG
« Last Edit: Today at 17:05 by Happy.. »
ahahah

why so racist fairy?
Did you know that despite only making up 13% of total played games 7.00 commits 50% .......

I laughed at the racism part for solid 2 minutes, thanks for making my Monday morning that much bearable!
I laughed at the racism part for solid 10 minutes last night and at the racist Happy..  and his brain usage  :y:
Then I laughed another 15 minutes at the confirmation of how smart his brain is when he finally relized to understand how smart he is (he borrows brain from someone since he is uncapable to use his own). Without luke's help, his racistic post would be available to everyone, not modified.
@nikolagay only you understand yourself. Go back to school and educate yourself.

My logic was about unfinished, still ongoing games, obviously.
Calculation depends on when screenshots are caught. Usually early morning/late night.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 22:59 by mordor911 »