Author Topic: When to pick bounty runes???  (Read 1778 times)

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
When to pick bounty runes???
« on: August 09, 2020, 00:43 »
Bounty rune gives 50 gold to all players in team if you pick it up fast. But if you go pick it you lose at least 1 creepwave and 50%-100% of 1 level.

So you need to wait more but then enemies will pick it? Is it intended like mind game who wait long enough so its worth to pick but dont miss it?

Offline GeneEric

• Server Account: GeneEric
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: When to pick bounty runes???
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 01:04 »
Bounty rune gives gold and xp to the hero that picks it. You preferably leave it for a bottle carrier(usually the mid), but on supports you should always contest the river runes every 2 minutes. Rune control is vital for manahungry heroes, and it can win the mid matchup alone. :) :) :) :) :)

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 02:10 »
Bounty runes mostly is a work for support players, who should not care about losing few creepwaves

And for midlaner, of course, if he managed to push creepwave at ~45th second
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 03:28 »
Bounty runes mostly is a work for support players, who should not care about losing few creepwaves

And for midlaner, of course, if he managed to push creepwave at ~45th second

So if i take 4 bounty runes on min 5 +200 gold to all and lose 2 levels = good support?

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 03:40 »
sir that's not the point of dota,you dont have to collect 4 bounty runes,that's why there are position in dota1 as in football or basketball ,so u got position 1,2,3,4,5 and every of that position got purpose,so it means some1 control top runes,rhest control bot runes,also there is possibility to cut of some1 alone from enemy and make fb, bounty runes are important but not game changer...also keep on mind u can use teleports and heroes with faster mobility to collect them better...the new map is 10x better than the old one in my opinion,i see lot of ppl talking about balance,well that's the point new map is more balanced than the old one,coz no matter hero u pick u can be strong!!!

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 04:03 »
I think more balanced with heroes but less freedom in gameplay.

Before i can roam with slardar, all game stalk enemy jungle, pick timing bounty runes and come to lane to get 1 creep for full level. Now if you dont farm 10 creeps per second you have no gold and if you roam like that will be lvl 2 10 minute

Offline GeneEric

• Server Account: GeneEric
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 09:56 »
Team shared bounties, shrines/outposts and increased gold from waves marked the end of roaming for dota2. It cemented 2-1-2 lanes as the only way to play, where usually the supports from both sides contest bounties when they spawn. After you take your safelane t1, you gather up and mow down a lane, after which you secure runes. Rinse and repeat until all outer objectives are done, and welcome to timer-based dota, hope you enjoy your stay.

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2020, 15:40 »
I think more balanced with heroes but less freedom in gameplay.

Before i can roam with slardar, all game stalk enemy jungle, pick timing bounty runes and come to lane to get 1 creep for full level. Now if you dont farm 10 creeps per second you have no gold and if you roam like that will be lvl 2 10 minute
I think you mentioned that roaming is nerfed in this patch. I think you are right in terms of XP gain.

However, a babysitter support (most cases safe lane support) doesnt have to share XP of the creepwaves as much as the core player does (in that lane). Since having higher level for core player is a plus.

You can gain XP by pulling neutral camps.

If we are talking (as you gave example slardar) as support who wants to roam. I dont think you lose much xp just to get bounty rune. You already move around map to get rune or pulling or anything and this affects your xp gain.

I believe the one who roams can go top lane (if scourge xd) for kills when its night- time. This will help you gain exp but also your core player to get free wave of xp (unless denied). And bullshit like this... xd
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2020, 20:12 »
Im talking about unconventional roaming, like in this video (notice the bounty picked):

Where you only follow some timings to get exp from bounties (now cant) but in first 10 minutes basically harass enemy non stop. At min 10 im usually 2 lvls behind on old map. In new would be 10 lvls behind
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 20:13 by luke »