Author Topic: Reevaluate the votekick command  (Read 3714 times)

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
Re: Reevaluate the votekick command
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2020, 18:54 »
This is why 6/9 4+2 only way forward.

Sure thing

take the first 6
take 9 and rotate it = 6
4+2= 6

666, sejanus is the satan confirmed

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2020, 19:47 »

Sure thing

take the first 6
take 9 and rotate it = 6
4+2= 6

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2020, 19:53 »

Sure thing

take the first 6
take 9 and rotate it = 6
4+2= 6

Ave Satan

Offline Arthas

• The Fallen Prince
  • Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2020, 10:21 »
changing votekick system will results more abuse from a hole players

you can get kicked 1 second before the end of the game

why dont you change lobby system also ...make it start 4vs4 or 3vs3 or 4vs5....

you can also cancel pub games ...only stacked games allowed

this will be ugly

changeing votekick system will not fix the whole system fractures .....it will make it worse ...it even might collapse   >:(

« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 12:04 by Arthas »

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2020, 13:07 »
its overall bad idea because team is emotional about who to kick. Just think about it when you kill a person 3-4 times mid they will try to kick him and game will be 4v5 just because he had bad lane
cen update the map please

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2020, 13:30 »
I've always been against the votekick system, the only time the votekick command should be used is if one of the players runs down mid and purposefully feeds the enemy and/or destroys his items.
The votekick command has been abused many times where people have been kicked and banned for "not defending the base" or "not joining a teamfight" when he's playing a carry such as AM/Spectre/Alch that need farm to actually be useful. Hell, I've even seen ppl go mad at mid alch for not "ganking" min 10 and instead farming woods, which he's actually supposed to do.
Many people have been votekicked and banned for "not defending the base" when the enemy is pushing t3 tower when he's pushing the sidelanes and keeping a tp ready in case he can help. A good carry will also detect when he can't be useful in a teamfight and instead push enemy sidelanes to force the enemy to stop pushing t3 towers and make them tp back to defend their base, carries like that shouldn't be votekicked and banned.
The sad part is that the majority of the people here who are bad at dota consider farming early to mid game as a "game ruin" and will start flaming and votekicking you if you don't group up like retards from min 10, when instead you can farm and push the lanes and increase your networth and exp gain.

What I'm suggesting is:
1. The only time ppl should votekick someone is if he purposefully feeds the enemy and/or destroys his items.
2. If people agree with my 1. Rule then the votekick can be done by 4 people because the enemy might not want to get him kicked.
3. The enemy team won't get banned if they don't votekick because most of the time they don't even know why ppl are starting a votekick. I can start a votekick on Player01 and say he's "refusing" to play and ppl can get banned for not votekicking him, even though Player01 could be farming and doing what he's supposed to do, according to the current rules.

If people agree with what I just said then back it up and inform your friends if they agree with something like this. There are other famous mobas who have similar rules, but I'm not sure if ppl here would like something like this, so yeah.

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2020, 15:41 »
The votekick command has been abused many times where people have been kicked and banned for "not defending the base" or "not joining a teamfight" when he's playing a carry such as AM/Spectre/Alch that need farm to actually be useful. Hell, I've even seen ppl go mad at mid alch for not "ganking" min 10 and instead farming woods, which he's actually supposed to do.

It's a team game, he can farm when there is no need to defend, and in most cases they don't defend on purpose being angry at the team, and later saying that bullshit "I was a carry I needed a farm I didn't game ruin", while in reality they farmed out of anger not out of need.

A good carry will also detect when he can't be useful in a teamfight and instead push enemy sidelanes to force the enemy to stop pushing t3 towers and make them tp back to defend their base, carries like that shouldn't be votekicked and banned.

You mean solo carry, who once again likes to play alone, push alone, and come back to def only to not get banned, otherwise wouldn't even teleport back.

There are 2 perspectives to both scenarios,

but indeed I agree with you that when its a counter push, and distraction it does work, did this on my fav weaver many times, pushed sides quick when enemies where distracted.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 15:44 by Sejanus »

Offline pastmistake

• Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • D1Map
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2020, 16:23 »
1) We all know 9/10 votes it's too high( so high, it rarely happens even in obvious feed + item destroy games)
2) only 4 ally votekick can be abused (seend it happen a lot .. mad kidz or 4 stacking)
------------------------------------
You draw a line and u get 4 ally + 2 enemy seems the best choice. OR not really BEST .. but still better than the 2 options presented in the poll.

Code: [Select]
Yes. It can be coded. No need to check that ..  :boy:
To be fair, if games are meant to be balanced and good quality, kicking a feeder/antigamer won't/shouldn't win you the game. If you win a game after kicking the feeder, that makes the game imbalanced from the start .. (debate)

So this all discussion is w/o purpose, since the only solution would be removing the votekick all together.

From my perspective:
1) remove votekick
2) play the games as they are, if someone is antigaming (report , ban) and take the loss .. shit happens

Removing votekick should enforce users to report more antigamers/feeders etc. So moving the "justice" factor from their own hands to moderator's. Which should be overall better.

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Forum staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Highest number of credits won with a betting ticket [UNIQUE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2020, 16:45 »
Currently in force is 7/10 votes. Meaning 4 ally + 3 enemy. So this is all pouring from the hollow into the empty...

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2020, 17:43 »
Currently in force is 7/10 votes. Meaning 4 ally + 3 enemy. So this is all pouring from the hollow into the empty...
I see alot of people saying 9/10, waited 2 days to see if anyone actually know how much is required.
About everything else, it is a Public league , and as such it has to be generalized.
If you think advanced tactics apply to a 1300 ranked player from Brasil [example] make sense, then you missed out on the point, point of the Rule [Refusing to Play] is to be applied to the Majority of the player base , not the 10-20% who are present on forum, skilled in DotA and active in communicating. This is the reason why Community leaders must be active players and why previous staff made so many mistakes [deleted the Game 5 Years ago but continued to lead a DotA community]. Etc

Offline pastmistake

• Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • D1Map
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2020, 18:06 »
Idk. I stopped playing here. :boy:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 18:09 by Jimmy »

Offline Mara

• GFX Moderator
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • @hip-hop.sk
  • Server Account: ^^succubus^^
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Azeroth Grand Prix Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2020, 18:12 »
why
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2020, 18:16 »
why
Because he moved to other server, and thats why i edited his post.
And the reason why is not related to the Votekick command

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2020, 19:42 »
Idk, sometimes can be useful to listen to who isnt playing on server, maybe they give reason why they stopped and we can fix it. But ofc who dont play here shouldnt decide for others.

Generally big problem is that forum population doesnt represent the league population. I think about 60% players dont visit forum at all and 30-35% only visit to post request. Who sit on forum often dont even play here anymore, just come to talk

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2020, 19:51 »
I think rules should be more clear because many problems come from people dont understanding them.

Example what can be change:

8. Player must not abuse bot commands:

All this section is about votekick command, maybe better to rename it to "Votekick rules" or something and list all related rules there? So its all in 1 place and maybe make them more simple like
You are allowed to votekick when
- player ruins game (section 7)
- player starts the votekick himself
- etc
You arent allowed to votekick when
- player doesnt break any rules
You MUST votekick when
- player ruins game (section 7)