Author Topic: new map 7.00  (Read 76014 times)

Offline DracoL1ch

• V.I.P
  • Awards VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: new map 7.00
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2020, 19:18 »
also for local luddits who cant read more than 3 lines
http://blog.d1stats.ru/blog/corp/330.html

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2020, 19:42 »
qqbabies with "too much dota2" arguments can go play 6.81, dont ever speak about any of my maps - get back to the classic.
I wont agree with "this is too much changes". There were just as big patches back to 2006-8, and nobody rly bothered, just moved on.
Also neutral items arent cornerstones of balancing for d2 for many reasons, it doesn't matter for us.

I'm curious, why don't you kept Dota 1 terrain and kept adding new stuff from Dota2?

Exactly my thoughts, big like for asking this.
At this point, if Drakolich would only implement the new hero (Mars), fix bugs, rebalance heroes skills and items, I would even welcome those changes. Not all are good for sure, but these changes can be and will be fixed in the future im confident.

What took away the Dota1 feeling, is the terrain changes (adding shrines/outposts, new runes, new roshan location) which are direct copies from Dota2, and the new UI. Rollback the terrain, rollback the UI, and from my part, the rest is fine.
To test 100+ heroes takes time anyway, and I'm sure the bugs/unbalanced heroes will be fixed later.

The game crashed for me as well pressing F9.

Again Drakolich, I understand your feelings when you are criticized, being a mapmaker myself, but try to take it as an adult, not as a child which is reflected in your forum answers.

I can only hope for a version, where both classic players and new map supporters are partly satisfied at least. That would be the rollback option in my opinion, at least you could make a test-map for this.
Old terrain, old UI, and new hero changes, bug fixes.

Offline DracoL1ch

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2020, 20:34 »
you can make your own dota anytime, with any classic things you like, and be my competitor, no problems I can see.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2020, 21:08 »
Again Drakolich, I understand your feelings when you are criticized, being a mapmaker myself, but try to take it as an adult, not as a child which is reflected in your forum answers.

I think you just need to be more concrete.

For example,

I like:
- new items, heroes, other new things
- free wards (althrought i think they shouldn't be free but cost much less, like 25 gold maybe)
- free courier with autoupgrades (really cool feature, solves many problems like wasting gold on 5 couriers, share abuse, feeding with couriers etc)
- settings (can change things in 1 place even though its bugged for me i think its really good)
- balance changing (havent played enough to talk about op, not op but its good to see things moving)
- convenience things like new Glyph placement, aghanim not wasting slot
- visible minimap hero icons
- bug fixes

i don't like:
- Gold placement is really bad in sense of design (free space + position im not used to + covering tooltips, seems like bug though)
- Allies menu is hidden (i cant check who has which hero at start the regular way by clicking on it)
- Timer is a bit less visible (because of day/night picture) and on unusual place
- Gold, respawn timer colors dont match the map style, there is too much contrast with the surrounding
- Levels arent shown in the leaderboard (i saw it was fixed in next version)

Havent played much (mainly because of f9 crashes), so cant really say anything about other things.

So my main problem is the UI and f9 bugs. Also the terrain is very unusual but i guess its a matter of time to get used, especially secret shops and mid tower (since im that support ganking mid)

Main problem on this server is: Many people are conservative and dont want to learn or see new things, they also are here for the nostalgia feeling which is much smaller now due to the new atmosphere

My suggestions:
- Keep the old UI or make it customizable
- Introduce new changes slower if possible, so people get used to them step by step

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 21:16 by luke »

Offline DracoL1ch

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2020, 12:24 »
attach F9 crashlogs already, all you can do, the more the better
wc3 folder / errors / .txt files

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2020, 13:02 »
attach F9 crashlogs already, all you can do, the more the better
wc3 folder / errors / .txt files

This?

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2020, 17:39 »
@FataLity- I think bulldog would be disappointed if ld would be mega nerfed by sejanus
---

Mister Corristo

btw I think its either you cant understand (maybe cant accept) or you cant express your feelings/thoughts.

- I mean there were no 'bounty runes' in the first place, but they were updated.
- Roshan pit was changed few times even before, why you didnt start a 'riot' against icefrog then? (also, if I am not mistaken, this roshan pit was actually present in some previous version of iceforgs map)
- If you are a 'map-maker' you should know how things work, then why you keep saying unrelated things? Its not like you agree with mister Monax who is trying to help with the 'oldschool' stuff.  You just dont know what is even bad in this map and you just keep telling random stuff.

Please dont say 'i am map maker thats why I know this is bad..', you never developed DotA.

I still think that you are trolling either yourself or us.
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2020, 18:30 »
@FataLity- I think bulldog would be disappointed if ld would be mega nerfed by sejanus
---

Mister Corristo

btw I think its either you cant understand (maybe cant accept) or you cant express your feelings/thoughts.

- I mean there were no 'bounty runes' in the first place, but they were updated.
- Roshan pit was changed few times even before, why you didnt start a 'riot' against icefrog then? (also, if I am not mistaken, this roshan pit was actually present in some previous version of iceforgs map)
- If you are a 'map-maker' you should know how things work, then why you keep saying unrelated things? Its not like you agree with mister Monax who is trying to help with the 'oldschool' stuff.  You just dont know what is even bad in this map and you just keep telling random stuff.

Please dont say 'i am map maker thats why I know this is bad..', you never developed DotA.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, then re-read my posts until you do.I don't like to repeat myself, and I won't do it now because your reading/understanding is below average.
Sorry.

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2020, 03:28 »
---

Mister Corristo

If you don't understand what I'm saying, then re-read my posts until you do.I don't like to repeat myself, and I won't do it now because your reading/understanding is below average.
Sorry.
But I can't see a proper answer beside your insult, still?
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2020, 23:48 »
@Sejanus i guess it is better with useless broken bugged shit bear in 6.89,you can deal with that coz hero is completely trash.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2020, 00:12 »
- some of the bugs and imbalances mentioned tell me it is not quite the prime time for v7, we will wait for final release before putting it back as default.
- I don't have time to update map versions every week
- at the same time it would be nice to have a mechanism for testing betas before release and not have such radical changes mid-season. !privobs will allow this.
- !privobs does not allow pubbing the game but that restriction will be removed for now
- I expect v6 will have to be removed in the long term, depending on the game stats.

I think nobody will use !privobs, so this basically means complete return. Autohosting would be good to fix this.

Seems like some things were fixed in next versions and we dont have newest 1. How come updating version takes much time though?

There seem to be some imbalances indeed. And experienced people come to kill us who arent used to the map here.

But in long term cant offer solution, just commenting on this post

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2020, 00:43 »
I dont know who decides that there are imbalances since cen doesn't play the game but nothing can be imbalanced more than 6.90 tuskar and visage. We just got used to terrain now taking it back and gotto get used to old one again despite votes or on the side of 7.0. Weird decision
cen update the map please

Offline GIk

• Retired Moderator
  • Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2020, 00:44 »
You all totally fucked up the game, enjoy playing this shit 6.90 .im done

Offline GIk

• Retired Moderator
  • Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2020, 00:53 »
I dont get what type of feedbacks do you needed to changed back into  that shit 6.90 with bugs and shits, and dont listening to others who say that is better to play 7.00
At least please, next time dont fucking change the map , and show them the project you got, dont fuck us by changing this game 10 times, after we played a while
And for 10 idiots who didnt like that map on forum we have to change it back, when no one was talking ingame about no likeing that new map
So gg, well done

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2020, 01:14 »
@cen With this decision, you're just delaying the inevitable and setting us back for 6 months. People have just started aclimating, bringing the old map back will just escalate into more problems when the time comes to reupload v7 again.

By saying that 7.0 is imbalanced compared to 6.9 just confirms that you shouldn't be taking up for yourself to make such a decision.

Putting the above arguments aside, the poll results were in favor of v7 too.