Author Topic: new map 7.00  (Read 76141 times)

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: new map 7.00
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2020, 13:31 »
These are your so-called arguments as to why the current, improved UI sucks;

4) Everything is bigger
It isn't.

4) takes too much of the screen
It doesn't.

4)icons are misslocated
They aren't.

4)minimap change also dislike.
What minimap changes?

Instead of your ongoing autistic "THE UI SUCKS" screeching, how about, instead, you provide a single, valid, and somewhat rational argument as to why?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 13:35 by Happy.. »

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2020, 13:57 »
These are your so-called arguments as to why the current, improved UI sucks;

4) Everything is bigger
It isn't.

4) takes too much of the screen
It doesn't.

4)icons are misslocated
They aren't.

4)minimap change also dislike.
What minimap changes?

Instead of your ongoing autistic "THE UI SUCKS" screeching, how about, instead, you provide a single, valid, and somewhat rational argument as to why?

If you fail to notice the difference between the OLD UI and NEW UI and why it sucks (at least in my opinion, but others as well) its pointless to explain you anything.you are simply too ignorant and praise the new dota2 map regardless of others opinions.

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2020, 14:03 »
@Corristo. can u stop generalistic ppl,some1 did great and amazing work with that map and just you can't get used it doesn't mean its not good, since I m not for old map which is clearly out of date and a bit boring... there are ppl for new map same as some of them for old. (most of the bad players and low IQ persons, without insult to any1, respect for these. )

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2020, 14:13 »
its pointless to explain you anything

Very strong argument indeed.

regardless of others opinions.

Meaning opinion based on Sejanus and yourself? Quite a company, stronk players, lmao x)

Offline DracoL1ch

• V.I.P
  • Awards VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2020, 14:59 »
new UI: exists
0k players:

Offline DracoL1ch

• V.I.P
  • Awards VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2020, 15:30 »

Offline FilLaD1N

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2020, 15:32 »
3)I dont like and don't want DOTA2 MAP terrain in dota1. No need to copy paste it, new runes, outposts new roshan location. No need, and no like. I don't know who asked for it ever.

4) The new user interface is a catastrophe as it is. Everything is bigger, takes too much of the screen, icons are misslocated, minimap change also dislike.

And how many years will you play in your non-promoted map?

New interface is better than old. I don't understand why you don't like it.

"minimap change also dislike."
From this i can understand that you didn't even pay attention to the fact that there are two mini-maps in the map: OLD and NEW
And you can play with whichever you like best.
It seems to me that you don't even know what a config file is where you can customize the game is just as cozy. http://d1stats.ru/en/configdota

Anyway your nagging is not appropriate.
Play for a couple of weeks and you'll get used to it.

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2020, 16:27 »
@Confused-o_O- let's give them a chance maybe they will actually be at same Lvl at they was in 6.90, however I find out farming is ezier, bb is cheaper and manny others things , and as i did in 6.90 I ll keep doing it now in 7.00 the thing when I putt "low players" in my team and make them useful for better gaming and better games, I don't say ur not right sir confused, you got the point , but only coz bad ppl cant adapt why the fuck we cant be more satisfied playing something what is improved and clearly better version... keep on mind low ppl wasn't useful in 6.90. my regards.

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2020, 17:07 »
Will try to make short as possible

By Sejanus – Map is SHIT, bring back the old one.

Retarded colours... too many coins, f pointless shrines,

Spoiler for Hiden:
Retarded colours – Behind the color change idea is to make them more ‘visible’ in minimap and stuff. (Perhaps that is the reason, of course mister developers could give more precise answer) This is not a valid reason to ‘bring back the old map’, ignoring major changes and features just to make colors as they were is not a VALID reason.

Suggestion: Whoever is bothered by colors, they can use “Set Ally Color Mode” (ALT + A shortcut) in order to show different colors than current one.

too many coins – Almost in every MOBA or Strategy game, each team (or individual) has ‘Objectives’ which they have to accomplish (a basic example would be to destroy the throne/tree is one of the objectives).

We could say in previous patches, Tier1-2-3 towers, Rax and Roshan were objectives. However, in this patch I could say 2 more objectives are added, ‘Bounty Runes’ and ‘Shrines’ (aka 2 fountains). This means that we have more ways to win a losing game, in other words, we have slightly more chance to comeback from megacreeps state. Bounty runes are providing gold to each player of the team, it can force fights etc.

Each team has this advantage, so no one can say its bullshit if you don’t know how to turn it to advantage for yourself or your team. Result; not valid reason. Suggestion: Try to get as many bounty runes as you can, or just communicate with your teammate about this. (You can make various of strategies using this opportunity)

f pointless shrines – About shrines, they might get removed in following patches since they were removed in DotA2 (they brought Outposts). They can be activated after some time and they have some long cooldown. They can be used in order to save time, in order to tp base or bringing many regen. They can be destroyed after one of Tier3 tower is destroyed from enemy team. You can teleport on shrines. Shrines can have pretty nice impact in game which makes it an objective (even if not major) and just as bounty runes, you can make many strategies around shrines. Result; not valid reason because its not pointless as I explained just few of my views about them (while they can have even bigger role).

Suggestion: Try to avoid using it alone but heal with your teammate/s. Sharing is caring. And if you find possibility, destroy enemy shrines, so they cant tp and come from behind.

By Corristo –Ok, my first impression is, that this new map sucks hard. Give us an option to host 6.9 version, or just throw this rubbish into the bin. If I want to play Dota 2, I go and play Dota 2. No need to ''upgrade'' it into this. Thank you very much drakolich, for fucking up our classic dota 1 map. Sometimes LESS is MORE, and in this case, it's totally true. Lost all my interest in playingbold this trash just after one game. Super disappointed.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I couldn’t find any fact or proper feedback beside bolded parts but they don’t mean anything (like it has no explanation which part of it sucks hard or stuff like that).

I think I can answer this even if it is not a valid reason too, ‘If I want to play Dota 2, I go and play Dota 2. No need to ''upgrade'' it into this.’ – You are free to choose what you want to play, you can also play Stick Fight, or Dead by Daylight or any other MOBA.
About the part ‘no need to upgrade’, well, just as you are free to choose what you want to play, you also can play which version of map you want. You can even play older versions. Dracolich and his crew decided to ‘upgrade’ the map since Icefrog decided not to do it. And whoever wants, can play dracolichs map. Not sure what is confusing here. (Perhaps players are not satisfied with old map not being on ‘ladder’ and that is why they are reacting. I understand)

Suggestion: You can play DotA2 too if you want or Warcraft III Reforged (it has icefrogs original one 83d, you also find some other non-official which works in that patch of w3). Also, you can create your own server and put the old map to ladder or just create (or pay someone to make it) some additional 3rd part tool which will calculate stats and create a league here for previous map by creating game with ‘.’ (means non-ladder). So everyone could be happy !

By Corristo – It's not about learning new stuff. The map simply sucks because the new UI, the way it looks. The player ''interface''. Why couldn't he keep the classic interface of the game, and just implement the hero balances, new heroes and other upgrades. What bothers me the most, is the new interface which is annoyingly informative, the whole screen is filled with unnecessary information, while he moved BIG YELLOW GOLD counter bottom right for no reason. I feel like sitting behind a fighter jet, looking left and right while everything being more annoying than informative.
The map lost it's classic feeling, it's a cheap copy of dota 2. We don't want dota2 in warcraft3 ok? We want dota1, CLASSIC dota1!

Spoiler for Hiden:
‘interface’, ‘gold’ – In the current UI, upper bar is almost gone. And as you mentioned, amount of gold is shown elsewhere. Perhaps there are some stuff that you can change/remove in Options tab. (maybe even in config file, I haven’t checked) What done is done, you cant bring exact old upper bar right now, maybe you can suggest dracolich to make something in next releases or maybe if you negotiate/donate he can do something special for you, its up to dracolich.
This can be accepted as valid reason only in terms of subjective view of players. Otherwise, game itself didn’t change, winning or losing or having fun is the same way.

Suggestion: Ask dracolich about this.
If you want to have old feeling, you can press f10, f11 and f12 and experience the feeling.
Try to adapt, its not like game changed.
Or you can put some 3rd party tool or even an image which looks exactly like previous maps upper bar.

By Sejanus –  ++ Agree 100% I hate that interface, its weird, hero colours don't even match to stats screen.

Wayy too much blue, and pink. It's ALIEN DOTA.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Pretty much answered previously but ‘hero colours don’t even match to stats screen’. Perhaps it means while in lobby or aftergame review part. Totally not a valid reason, because it is about ‘after-or-before’ game.

Suggestion: You can ask dracolich to fix colors in review screen.  Or you can try to force yourself to like much blue and pink.

By Corristo –  Drakolich, just roll back the interface as it was, but keep the hero and terrain changes. Like it or not, but you fucked up the interface hard. This is my opinion, and sorry if it hurts you. I know you probably won't give a shit, and just keep it this way, rather than acknowledge the players opinions and make some changes, but I HAVE to tell it anyway. Take it as a feedback, and make the changes accordingly. I will check back, when I get back my classic dota1. At this stage, the map is not enjoyable for me.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think it was answered
Suggestion: Read my answers above

By Sejanus – It's like permanent "em" game,

some gets over farmed really quick,

alch was level 23, when our ursa was just 9, seems like less exp in the woods, more on the lane?

>> I don't think its balanced.

Spoiler for Hiden:
It's like permanent “em” game – Easy Mode in prevous versions had features like;
Towers are weaker,
experience is gained faster,
and you get more periodic gold.
However, in this patch, towers are not weaker, experience is not gained faster and you don’t get more periodic gold (GPM). So this reason is not a valid one. [Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/7289cf/easy_mode_a_way_to_improve_new_players_experience/]

- some gets over farmed really quick – Farming in this game can be by, killing enemy creeps, denying your creeps, killing neutral creeps, killing summoned units, killing enemy heroes, killing roshan and shrines in this case as well as getting bounty runes. (I might have missed something, pardon me if I did) So basically, whoever gets more of these or quicker means that he can be ‘farmed really quick’.  No matter if there is difference in previous or current patch, if you do the right way to get gold (and of course, don’t lose gold), you can farm quickly. Not a valid reason.

- alch was level 23, when our ursa was just 9, seems like less exp in the woods, more on the lane? –
It always was like this (Correct me someone if I am wrong). Lane creeps should always be prioritized since they give more exp.

- >> I don't think its balanced – If you don’t think its balanced due to these 3 reasons, this one is not a valid feedback also. If you have any other idea why it is not balanced, please provide information.

Suggestion: I think your feedback is more about ‘farming’. I could suggest you to analyze the farm mechanism of the game. While patches occur, major concept is staying same only the ‘ways’ to farm more ‘efficiently’ might differ between patches. (e.g Like in very old patches, you could buy bottle vg boots and fight ppl but now you can have more items and fight). You could watch some tutorials or videos or even attend to some coaching.

By Jimmy I had a mental breakdown when i saw what you did to my boy.
Implementing Balance, adding heroes/skills/items , fixing mechanics , all the things one could do.
But changing the UI completely, to what end, if someone wanted to play Valve's DotA, he will go ahead and do that. Same goes for LoL,HoS and all the other copy cats that emerged from the holes over the years.
Again, Balancing, Implementing new Spells/Items and similar, removing Buggs from previous versions, all the strong suits a map developer can strive to when given such a nice Platform as IceFrog's DotA.
Talents gave it a Flare , few transfered Heroes, allright. But other than that workload should be focused on above mentioned things.

Metaphorically , you were given a Ferarri, and over the years u managed to put a Lada engine in it, and now ,you painted it pink.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Since its about UI, its answered.
Suggestion: Please read my answers.

By m3thead - this map is like Corona virus, u hate it but have to go with the flow... PS Jimmy said it so well, old school map whatsoever kept w3 installed, I am afraid delete time is finally near after nearly 20 years.  ( FUCK DOTA 2 ANGRY FACE).... ;

Spoiler for Hiden:
I cant see a feedback that I can relate to map

Suggestion: You can try playing Custom Games in W3 so you can continue your 20 years of Warcraft III experience it uninstalling makes you sad

By Dark_Tauren - This map kills dota 1. I am off...

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think no feedback here also

Suggestion: In DotA2, there is maps only in Custom Games, but DotA2 is game itself so you can play DotA2. (map wont kill dota there, that’s my point)

By Funnylol –I barely handle this talent version which make this game so unbalanced i dont say it was balanced before but for sure didnt make gameplay better.That shit wood map is for sure not anymore game we did know.I wont write much about this map becouse i played few times but it makes me just angry minimap is broken for sure color of heroes are wrong and i dont know shit from it,i cant bind ctrl for tp hotkey,AND THE WORSE SHIT CHANGING WOODS ADDING SHRINES AND BOUNTY RUNES.I think it made this game much easier like everyone got too much gold full items everywhere thats sad its like apem.I m not sure if i stop play this map or not but i got a feeling i will look for places where i can play olders maps even before talent version would be nice.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I can relate 4 feedback (there is for ‘em’ also for playing different version, but they are answered)

Talent tree and balance – Talent tree was implemented in DotA2 firstly and dracolich followed icefrog (which means if icefrog was still developing for w3, we were going to have same result). About balance, I think people should define balance briefly. This is a strategy game, and each player or team has equal advantage or disadvantage while starting the game (except players skills which is done by host using manual or automatic balance) So again, not a valid reason to get old map back.

Minimap – you have various of options to change minimap, please consider looking in Options tab and also check d1stats.ru/configdota website in order to be informed of features and possible changes.

Key bind – as I explained, please look carefully and if necessary address to dracolich for the feature that you want. Maybe he is able to do it for next version if it is not available already.

Terrain,shrine,runes- about runes and shrines it was answered. About terrain or so called, woods, actually 1 more ancient camps were added to each team. Which is a plus. Since both team has equal standarts I don’t think this is also a valid reason.

Suggestion: Firstly try to understand mechanics of DotA, try to analyze the games, get a clear idea of a professional and try to lead your team. If you do this you can get rid of the ‘balance’ obstacle you believe that is present. Also, you can get Trax or Gyro and go jungle (after some stacking), since 3 of camps are so close to each other, you can clear faster with gyro (there are also other alternatives).

By Sejanus – Make a poll maybe? As half of players really hate it, previous one even with monkey was way better, and clearer.

I find this one to be extremely chaotic, there is a reason we all here stayed playing dota 1...

It looks like some millenial mental break down, with personality, and gender issues...

I played like 5 games today to test it, I just f hate it, I guess if Dota 1 goes that way I am out as well.

Ps. It supports greedy nabs, and solo stats play, the two things I hate the most.

Spoiler for Hiden:
About making a Poll, I believe 2 polls are necessary. First one should be whether we need to make a poll in order to change the map to old one. And if we get enough votes, we go for 2nd poll whether players ‘want to change map’ to previous one. Even if it sounds same, its not same but only similar and reason behind this is, to find out how many players wants to make a poll Since I can only see few people providing negative feedback.

I cant see other feedback, only about poll and this, . ‘It supports greedy nabs, and solo stats play, the two things I hate the most’
I don’t understand what do you mean by greedy nabs but if I understand it correctly, I cant see a difference between ‘greedy nabs’ and ‘solo stats play’ since both of them has same goal. Anyway, this patch is more team-oriented and each players role has more value according to previous patches. Which means, core players or heroes of the team can and should get -with your words- more farm than the support players of the team. This also has do to with understanding game mechanics and strategy.

But I understand what you are trying to say, the thing is, even in previous versions there were same players. So again, it has to do with players gameplay-skill. Not with map itself, so I don’t agree that it is a valid reason.

Suggestion: I highly recommend you to learn basics and follow steps as advanced and professional game knowledge. You can achieve it by watching professional players, maybe contacting them or watching tutorials which are provided.

By Noci – my favourite- The Dota 1 classic game is ruined with the new update !! Totally...
If we want to play dota2 we will play dota 2 !!
We want the Dota 1 classic game!! Give us the old Dota1 back !!
I agree with that guy who says that the new update is cheap version of dota 2.
I don't know where to look.. i feel like i play LoL.. gold is bottom, heroes top .. etc..
wtf is that with 3 fountains?!? New heroes imported from dota 2 ?  whyy?
Please don't ruin what is unique !! Reconsider that desicion about the new update !
Rubick is killing mort with ease ?? Come on that makes no sense... why should i play after the new map update lookalike dota2 ? You all have to worry about quitting playing dota on lagabuse.. don't let that happen !!
Think about this... Who ever wants to play dota2 , he can play... Dota 1 is the classic version we want to play.. since the new update was released i am not playing anymore.. and i am fan of dota 1 classic.. i want to play again the old dota1..

Spoiler for Hiden:
Again, no proper feedback but, ‘rubick is killing mort with ease’ – it was possible in previous versions too, nothing new. Techies can kill mort too.

Suggestion: If you were that mort, get aegis before fighting rubick so you will revive faster.

By Dark3r – wtf is this honestly it isnt like dota 1 or dota 2 it looks like fucking dota 3 nothing is the same

No proper feedback

By begin - When will we get back to the older one? This one sucks cocks.
No proper feedback

By Corristo – long post

9 of them were answered so no need to repost

By CableMan  - same will happen if players quit altogether because of the map.   
also worthy of note, UI+map layout change+talents dropped dota2 playerbase for a while as well, and there was a ton more whinning done there until they reverted some changes (respawn talents, gpm/xpm until years later etc, ui changes).
personally, dota2's 7.00 made me not play for some months, looks like this 7.00 is a good reenactment so far.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Its not a negative feedback, but I think its good to point this part:
, UI+map layout change+talents dropped dota2 playerbase for a while as well, and there was a ton more whinning done there until they reverted some changes (respawn talents, gpm/xpm until years later etc, ui changes).

Suggestion: please consider mister CableMans viewpoint and subscribe his twitch channel.

I was going to check every negative feedback and provide an answer but the rest seemed they weren’t different from previous ideas so I wont do. However, I do slightly agree with Confused-o_o- I was actually going to suggest this in the end even if I disliked but seems like mister Confused provided similar viewpoint:
I do agree with FataLity- and Happy.., but I come to a different conclusion. This map is bad because this server has mostly bad players, they did not manage to play decently with the same terrain over 10+ years and now you think they will adapt? That's just unrealistic. Those 10 players who will adapt and learn the new map will be only 10 players, how will you play a game with 10 players? Will you wait for a game 1-2 hours? What bad players will do in the meantime? They do not possess brainpower to collect runes and fight for a lane at the same time so any lower skill player will be a disaster in a team if you would decide to take one into your team.

Dota2 has thousands of players and top players still wait for a game more than 30min.

As the result I don’t think any of the provided feedback is a valid reason to bring the old map. However, since as mister Confused said, there are plenty of players who might dislike this map and be a big part of this community. I can only suggest that to bring new map in a private league so everyone can be happy.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 17:11 by .SaLiH. »
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline GeneEric

• Server Account: GeneEric
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2020, 18:42 »
A few disconnected points, since there's quite a lot of overlap between reactions to changes here and their equivalent in dota2 timeline.

• Expecting the average user to give logical and constructive feedback is admirable, but usually a bit naive. What you get the first time something changes (think here also stuff like site layout for social media or w/e, shopping sites) is the feeling of things being off. If you have used the product for a prolonged period of time, you form muscle memory on it, and change throws that out of the window. At least for some period of time, people will be very reluctant (me included here) to try the new thing.Players are good at FEELING that something is wrong, but usually very bad at identifying the exact thing or fixing it. As dota2 has shown, big patches that overhaul the game are divisive: part of the community quits if they dont happen, and part quits because of them, such is the nature of the beast.
  • Bringing perceived "skill levels" i.e. MMR, rankings and whatnot is besides the point. UI and balance changes in dota2 have been both shit on and praised by the top % of players, and same could be seen across all skill brackets. Also as a sidenote, try to entertain the idea that there are players who are in percentiles that are considered  to be "good"(think 99percentile as per https://dota.rgp.io/mmr/, if you want to bring in dota2 numbers), and they might not like the changes either :). Not every time someone disagrees with something, the person in question is "bad", "uninformed" etc.
  • The points about this map being turned into dota2 are a bit misleading. There has never been such a version of dota2 as you see it here. For a few examples, the map layout and objectives is indeed 7.00, but some talents/aghs/spell versions
    are 7.20+; 0 gold obs and free couriers are 7.23, but some things that were removed even in 7.00 are still in the game (PMS, Aquila, old HotD).
    As such, this is not per se becoming dota2, its just a blend of changes from different eras, all interacting to make something different. As a short example, the 4 bounty rune era(which is now here) was market by constant fighting on them, and the start of the "timed experience" in dota, where the objectives are too many and too strong to ignore, so you time the gameplay based on them(smoke for bounty, take all outer towers to unlock shrines etc.).It is not necessarily the case that the same will happen here due to all the differences of the map + the very different playerbase. Although recently dota2 is moving away from these, based in part on feedback and low quality of games(snowball strat dominating pubs, but thats an entirely different can of worms), theres nothing to show that the same will happen here. It is NOT the same version of the game, and its not necessarly to develop the same meta.
  • As a final point, at the end of the day, both this map and dota2 are games, that people play for different reasons. Some to "get gud", others to unwind and "pwn some noobs", theres no 1 size fits all. As the game has become more timing based, due in equal part to player skill increasing and map changing, people both here and in dota2 have felt a disconnect to the game. Some have quit over it, others have eventually found it enjoyable, bottom line being: there's nothing wrong with liking or disliking it, as long as it's being kept civil. The game cannot and will not be for every player, and as noted elsewhere there are alternatives.
P.S. One thing that should have been done however, was to make the changelog more accesible ( not have to go through 1 dead site, 1 dead forum, to end up in a half-russian discord, then navigate through a file that has both map changes and bugfixes). Everyone is free to analyse the changes, test them in-game, and form their playstyle. At least part of the "magic of the patches" in dota2, was the drop of the patchnotes, everyone gathered and discussed the new things, tested them in-game and on forums etc; it created this feeling of understanding the new challenges, instead of having the entire house drop down on your head at once.

*As per usual, these are just ramblings, not meant to discredit either the people that work on the map, playerbase, or whoever else. Take it with a grain of salt, and keep an open mind, not everyone that disagrees is necessarily wrong. :)

Offline hsakuragi

• çüknettin
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2020, 19:15 »
i was expecting new heroes new items like vessel and old type dota
but i didnt like that
i delete dota2 for new patch (too many changes)
now im gonna do same for dota1 too
im done with that hf everyone
bazarci out :)

Offline melih06

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2020, 23:17 »
pfff the new map is very boring. i played just a one time and i delete this game if u dont change this last 7.00 shit map. please return last map or i think you will lose a lot of player. map can be change but not so. please dont change old map.

what a weak naga siren why you change that heros skills idk and i lost a lot of shortcut skill.

if u love this last map please give us 2 alternative and we play old map.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 23:20 by melih06 »

Offline MarvinJunior

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2020, 23:42 »
expected that the retards are against the changes, gotta love that autopilot gameplay
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 23:46 by MarvinJunior »

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2020, 23:55 »
We don't need them, let them go, maybe finally I can actually start enjoy the game and remove my blindfold from eyes coz I usually used it when matching ppl like them.

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2020, 00:28 »
Isn't it clear yet? Half the community hate the map? Give us the poll to show it in %.

Same arguments are for - as against the new map😁 exactly the same ones.

If 60% + vote for the new map I will shut up and try harder.

Maybe the problem is not the new map, but too many changes aka too huge jump/step of added new stuff at the same time, it's like a completely different game.

Gradual change would give people time to get used to it, and wouldn't cause the mass leaving now.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 01:38 by Sejanus »