Author Topic: new map 7.00  (Read 76145 times)

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
Re: new map 7.00
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2020, 23:34 »
Dont like this points:
-window command doesnt work
leaderboard in weird place, why not put it higher?
tooltips dont update for aghanim why?

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2020, 23:52 »
Maybe you have 'Use legacy hotkeys' checked

You prolly have the Legacy button checked. I'm using qwer normally.

can someone give to fairy to be some kind helper or advisor, he is always there when you need him..
or simply give him a medal, he deserves it!

Not against it or something, but didn`t he just copycat my message? :-D
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2020, 08:25 »
Dont like this points:
-window command doesnt work
leaderboard in weird place, why not put it higher?
tooltips dont update for aghanim why?
there is an option in f9 for that (ps. nothing is removed from last patch as options or configuration, everything is added in new options section)
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2020, 09:15 »
A few rational thoughts
- we should give the map a chance for some time and give constructive feedback if you want to change something for the better
- v7 is not even final yet, a temporary reversal back to v6 is not a problem
- like Icefrog dota was the-map back in the day, d1stats is the-map today. When Icefrog did something bad we just had to accept it and move on, now it is at least possible to contact the developer directly and give feedback, whether it is accepted or not.
- staying on v6, if decided by the community, is not a viable long term solution unless there would be some kind of an LTS program for that version. Even then, we would miss any good features coming after v7.

I think we should stay on v7 for a few weeks, collect feedback and then decide if we go back to v6 for a period of time, stay on v7 or what the next steps should be. If there is no consensus within community one side will have to give in since hosting both versions is not an option, it will diminish the available player pool and make lobbies longer.

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2020, 09:43 »
A few rational thoughts
- we should give the map a chance for some time and give constructive feedback if you want to change something for the better
- like Icefrog dota was the-map back in the day, d1stats is the-map today. When Icefrog did something bad we just had to accept it and move on, now it is at least possible to contact the developer directly and give feedback, whether it is accepted or not.
- staying on v6, if decided by the community, is not a viable long term solution unless there would be some kind of an LTS program for that version. Even then, we would miss any good features coming after v7.

I think we should stay on v7 for a few weeks, collect feedback and then decide if we go back to v6 for a period of time, stay on v7 or what the next steps should be. If there is no consensus within community one side will have to give in since hosting both versions is not an option, it will diminish the available player pool and make lobbies longer.

Just a few thoughts about this.
1) Our problem is not to move on with the map. Over the last 10 years, we always had new heroes added, new skills, new items, and minor map changes. But they all came step by step, while always staying loyal to the main concepts. They were just furbishing the game. Obviously mistakes were made, unbalances were fixed later.
We adapted and learnt the new ways. This is NOT our problem.

2) Our PROBLEM is that this map wants to make DOTA2 from DOTA1, and it's unacceptable for me, and for others also.

3)I dont like and don't want DOTA2 MAP terrain in dota1. No need to copy paste it, new runes, outposts new roshan location. No need, and no like. I don't know who asked for it ever.

4) The new user interface is a catastrophe as it is. Everything is bigger, takes too much of the screen, icons are misslocated, minimap change also dislike.

5)If you want to add new heroes have my upvote! If you want heroes rebalances GOOD. New items? FINE. Keep the rest as it was, classic UI, classic terrain (minor changes are ok if really needed).

6) The game feels like APEM. Easy and fast farm. everybody is having expensive items after 20 minutes, this reduces the importance of gangs and farming skills for individual players.

7) Make a POLL, let's see how many players would like to play v6 or v7. Or make it possible for us, classic dota1 players, to play v6 again. If we can play both maps simultaneously.

8 ) Missing any good features from v7 in the future? Or just avoiding any more bad features perhaps? It's a matter of point of view. What if the majority of players doesn't like v7 and the way where Drakolich takes Dota1? We have to go that way because nobody else works on the map?

9) Lastly, for last time: Don't morph Dota1 into Dota2. We can go and play Dota2 already. We are here to play Dota1, and if you force us to swallow this, we (Me) will simply abandon LA as it is, as it's not enjoyable anymore in this form.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 09:46 by Corristo »

Offline GeneEric

• Server Account: GeneEric
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2020, 10:14 »
since hosting both versions is not an option, it will diminish the available player pool and make lobbies longer.
same will happen if players quit altogether because of the map.  :)
also worthy of note, UI+map layout change+talents dropped dota2 playerbase for a while as well, and there was a ton more whinning done there until they reverted some changes (respawn talents, gpm/xpm until years later etc, ui changes).
personally, dota2's 7.00 made me not play for some months, looks like this 7.00 is a good reenactment so far. :)

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2020, 10:56 »
A few rational thoughts

Just a few thoughts about this.
1) Our problem is not to move on with the map. Over the last 10 years, we always had new heroes added, new skills, new items, and minor map changes. But they all came step by step, while always staying loyal to the main concepts. They were just furbishing the game. Obviously mistakes were made, unbalances were fixed later.
We adapted and learnt the new ways. This is NOT our problem.

2) Our PROBLEM is that this map wants to make DOTA2 from DOTA1, and it's unacceptable for me, and for others also.

3)I dont like and don't want DOTA2 MAP terrain in dota1. No need to copy paste it, new runes, outposts new roshan location. No need, and no like. I don't know who asked for it ever.

4) The new user interface is a catastrophe as it is. Everything is bigger, takes too much of the screen, icons are misslocated, minimap change also dislike.

5)If you want to add new heroes have my upvote! If you want heroes rebalances GOOD. New items? FINE. Keep the rest as it was, classic UI, classic terrain (minor changes are ok if really needed).

6) The game feels like APEM. Easy and fast farm. everybody is having expensive items after 20 minutes, this reduces the importance of gangs and farming skills for individual players.

7) Make a POLL, let's see how many players would like to play v6 or v7. Or make it possible for us, classic dota1 players, to play v6 again. If we can play both maps simultaneously.

8 ) Missing any good features from v7 in the future? Or just avoiding any more bad features perhaps? It's a matter of point of view. What if the majority of players doesn't like v7 and the way where Drakolich takes Dota1? We have to go that way because nobody else works on the map?

9) Lastly, for last time: Don't morph Dota1 into Dota2. We can go and play Dota2 already. We are here to play Dota1, and if you force us to swallow this, we (Me) will simply abandon LA as it is, as it's not enjoyable anymore in this form.

Thanks!

+++ To all that. (Like russians say...)

Had one game yesterday, which lasted 85 minutes, no side was able to finish it. Game was extremely random, and chaotic, communication was zero.

Loads of people are completely lost, and can't see shit on the map, you can ping them 100 times, and nobody sees nothing still.

Solo stat playing is for now 200% increased as it's easier to gank clueless, and lost players with new overpowered heroes like morph.

Yeah woods are not as good as used to be, which maybe is good, maybe not.

Free wards makes no sense, still most player's can't even place them, or help you de-ward. Everything blamed on support. While growing a support character seems much harder now with all the selfish players. They still refuse to gank, or attack and only farm on sides.

Loads of new Russian players? There was some merge, or something? I find it extremely hard to communicate with them, ignorant bastards they are. (Not all tho)

Only plus side I found is that the gold from coins is shared, rs timer on the top is not so bad, but too much in the face, I loved to check the time on the score board, still find myself opening it for no reason.

Go with the poll already, if possible - just to see where we stand, while keeping new nuts millenial chaotic version atm.

I really believe this version has personality disorder, and looks like mental break down.

So far haven't even won one game, it's like random team wins at random time now.

40min of mid pushes stopped by simple techies was quite painful🤪
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 11:10 by Sejanus »

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2020, 11:31 »
@Sejanus op morph,is this your gameplay with that op hero?
https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6311621
it looks like wasn't so op that game... actually was weak.
how then i won like 9/10 games at this new version?

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2020, 12:02 »
@Sejanus op morph,is this your gameplay with that op hero?
https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6311621
it looks like wasn't so op that game... actually was weak.
how then i won like 9/10 games at this new version?

Because you are lucky at dice 😁simple as, every game random winner at random point.

Didn't play so bad considering all the facts, feel free to watch the game😁 if you are bored enough to follow me, glad to have followers, maybe you will learn something 😁

And don't spam, give facts related to the map, I can bring up loads of games when you play simply retarded, what's the point of that?

Ps. Is it why you have many accounts? Till one works out for u?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:05 by Sejanus »

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2020, 12:26 »
This map is more action packed smoother to play unlike the other map which you had to buy dominator and make ancient stacks for carries. It is faster gameplay with MORE heroes viable to play. New interface basicly deletes the stuff unrelated to dota and adds dota deleted information. Getting used to terrain takes 1 day. We will all learn hero changes and isnt that fun.
For sejanus and corristo stop talking shit about the game you dont understand any patch came before this was bad when I played this one.
Almost every item is viable and you can choose them to counter enemy opponment. Last patches item didnt matter that much because alternatives were always bad and you didnt have much choice.

tldr:
This is action based dota where item choices matter more. The people who talk shit never understood dota and crying because they are losing all of their games since they cant get away with playing terrible anymore.

One last comment about making dota2 out of dota1. Dota2 came out in 6.70s it was same with dota1 aswell if it was better you had 18 same patches to switch to dota2 before it changed.
Dracolich and 2 3 other guys manged to keepup with valves development team working on a high level engine. Instead of being greatful comments are please roll back the changes you were working on for 6 months they suck. I wish dracolich didnt see these posts you posted with selfishness and ignorance.
cen update the map please

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2020, 12:28 »
Had a few games, so here's my 2 cents. The map's overall pretty fun, nicely structured, and more action-packed; it certainly requires more brainpower, but a few games are all you need to adapt.

Folks complaining about gold icon being shifted to the bottom right as a HUGE UI change is just... laughable. UI changes are actually an improvement, as they decrease the time you need to process information about the game itself, and you would have figured that out if you'd just stop being a bunch of ignorant clowns.

You people literally need 1 game to process these "huge" changes, and maybe 2 mins to process "huge" UI changes.

Someone mentioned us being "stuck" with Drako's Dota changes, and that we have to simply obey to everything he does - yes, you do, the same way you did with IceFrog's versions. Or gather a team and start putting effort into creating your own "flawless and immaculate" Dota map and see how exhausting that actually is, maybe you'll start appreciating the work being done by Russians more.

Each and every time people complaining when the new map comes out. Embrace the changes and acclimate or host your own private 6.83 (the worst fucking Dota version ever) IceFrog maps and see how many people join your lobby.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:41 by Happy.. »

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2020, 12:32 »
Had a few games, so here's my 2 cents. The map's overall pretty fun & nicely structured, it certainly requires more brainpower, but a few games are all you need to adapt.

Folks complaining about gold icon being shifted to the bottom right as a HUGE UI change is just... laughable.

You people literally need 1 game to process these "huge" changes, and maybe 2 mins to process "huge" UI changes.

Someone mentioned us being "stuck" with Drako's Dota changes, and that we have to simply obey to everything he does - yes, you do, the same way you did with IceFrog's versions. Or gather a team and start putting effort into creating your own "flawless and immaculate" Dota map and see how exhausting that actually is, maybe you'll start appreciating the work being done by Russians more.

Each and every time people complaining when the new map comes out. Embrace the changes and acclimate or host your own private 6.83 IceFrog maps and see how many people joins your lobby.
Thats my girl  :lovely:

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2020, 12:39 »
Had a few games, so here's my 2 cents. The map's overall pretty fun, nicely structured and more action-packed; it certainly requires more brainpower, but a few games are all you need to adapt.

Folks complaining about gold icon being shifted to the bottom right as a HUGE UI change is just... laughable.

Each and every time people complaining when the new map comes out. Embrace the changes and acclimate or host your own private 6.83 (the worst fucking Dota version ever) IceFrog maps and see how many people join your lobby.

We complain all we want as long as we dislike the map.
Im a mapmaker myself of Lords of Europe so i do know a few things about mapmaking and balancing.unlike you.
But whenever I made changes to the map, i always asked the players oppinions about it and made changes accordingly.so it stays fun. I never pushed it down on somebodies throat just because i could.
My opinion stands. The UI sucks, and dota2 sucks as well. Any changes made toward that direction is killing dota1.

''For sejanus and corristo stop talking shit about the game you dont understand any patch came before this was bad when I played this one. ''
Fatality: i dont want to take this personal as you do.but i have my opinion and if you dont like it you can fuck right off where you want.
Any patch before this was bad? 10 years of Dota 1 was bad, but the first map coming out with dota2 resemblence is suddenly good now? OMG, what a pathetic statement you got there.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:49 by Corristo »

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2020, 13:00 »
Had a few games, so here's my 2 cents. The map's overall pretty fun, nicely structured and more action-packed; it certainly requires more brainpower, but a few games are all you need to adapt.

We complain all we want as long as we dislike the map.
Im a mapmaker myself of Lords of Europe so i do know a few things about mapmaking and balancing.unlike you.
But whenever I made changes to the map, i always asked the players oppinions about it and made changes accordingly.so it stays fun. I never pushed it down on somebodies throat just because i could.
My opinion stands. The UI sucks, and dota2 sucks as well. Any changes made toward that direction is killing dota1.

''For sejanus and corristo stop talking shit about the game you dont understand any patch came before this was bad when I played this one. ''
Fatality: i dont want to take this personal as you do.but i have my opinion and if you dont like it you can fuck right off where you want.
Any patch before this was bad? 10 years of Dota 1 was bad, but the first map coming out with dota2 resemblence is suddenly good now? OMG, what a pathetic statement you got there.
Yes it was relatively bad because making item was talking long you had to afk farm with carry clear everything make domi clear stacks for 25 minutes. If you dont do this and enemy does you lose. I'm not talking about OP heroes which you could win 99% of the time when you picked. I'm talking about old TERRAIN which you loved. I'm not gonna talk about UI because one you managed to make a big deal out of one gold bar.

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2020, 13:05 »

+ to that...

AND how is making items faster for some, and slower for others any better? Only bring more disbalance to the game.

Games when there is level 20+ while others are around 10 were rare, now its quite common in this ver.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 13:06 by Sejanus »