Author Topic: new map 7.00  (Read 76155 times)

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: new map 7.00
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 17:47 »
You'll have to give more information on why you think the new version is bad, saying the new map just "sucks" won't get you anywhere.
If you don't understand the new map and need to learn how the new stuff work then it's not because the map "sucks", it's because you need to adapt to the new fresh patch and stop doing the same things (picking same heroes, going same item build, same strategies etc.) which you were previously doing in the last patch.

It's not about learning new stuff. The map simply sucks because the new UI, the way it looks. The player ''interface''. Why couldn't he keep the classic interface of the game, and just implement the hero balances, new heroes and other upgrades. What bothers me the most, is the new interface which is annoyingly informative, the whole screen is filled with unnecessary information, while he moved BIG YELLOW GOLD counter bottom right for no reason. I feel like sitting behind a fighter jet, looking left and right while everything being more annoying than informative.

The map lost it's classic feeling, it's a cheap copy of dota 2. We don't want dota2 in warcraft3 ok? We want dota1, CLASSIC dota1!

++ Agree 100% I hate that interface, its weird, hero colours don't even match to stats screen.

Wayy too much blue, and pink. It's ALIEN DOTA.

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 17:57 »
Did not read fully yet, but just briefly

This is a classic situation, people were always refusing to get map updates.
It even became a well known joke:
Spoiler for Hiden:

It was always like this, literally every single major update

I personally loved this update, it looks great so far, full of new features, more variativity to play than before

I am not ready to give full argumented answer, because i am busy atm

But i shared my personal opinion and feelings

Big thanks to @DracoL1ch and his crew for hard work they have done

Spoiler for Hiden:
updated replicate when
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline DracoL1ch

• V.I.P
  • Awards VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 18:01 »
love it!
"unneccessary information"
yeah, it's really annoying when you can see your enemies list, it's better play with eyes closed to not receive any excessive information, just use your ears
"gold label down the way"
hell yeah, keep playing your 13" desktop. it's such a pain in the ass to move eyes top-down all the time you try to buy a thing. Hope your eyeballs are fine there.

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2020, 18:12 »
love it!
"unneccessary information"
yeah, it's really annoying when you can see your enemies list, it's better play with eyes closed to not receive any excessive information, just use your ears
"gold label down the way"
hell yeah, keep playing your 13" desktop. it's such a pain in the ass to move eyes top-down all the time you try to buy a thing. Hope your eyeballs are fine there.

Drakolich, just roll back the interface as it was, but keep the hero and terrain changes. Like it or not, but you fucked up the interface hard. This is my opinion, and sorry if it hurts you. I know you probably won't give a shit, and just keep it this way, rather than acknowledge the players opinions and make some changes, but I HAVE to tell it anyway. Take it as a feedback, and make the changes accordingly. I will check back, when I get back my classic dota1. At this stage, the map is not enjoyable for me.

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2020, 18:35 »
It's like permanent "em" game,

some gets over farmed really quick,

alch was level 23, when our ursa was just 9, seems like less exp in the woods, more on the lane?

>> I don't think its balanced.

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2020, 18:43 »
@Confused-o_O- you 're right just about that some ppl won't be able to get used and they will maybe quit (but we don't know that for sure) however I think if ppl like them who can't be used on something that is better and actually improved version of the map before, the real question is then do we really need those ppl, also I heard something about dracolich my friend the last 4 versions u have played are made from dracolich,ice frog's version for dota1 is version 6.83 if I don't mistake, and I think i clearly don't.
So give a try to version,test it,play it for some time,get adapt then give your own opinion,I have tested this version before manny times,that's why i alowe myself to talk about it.
Also in general the balance is 100x better in this new version, and about gameplay i won't even talk coz it's clearly on higher lvl and better by far.
I think most of the ppl will feel sad to abuse overbuffed and bugged heroes in 6.89,and even worst thing those ppl don't give a fuck for nerfed and useless to weak heroes coz most of those heroes request skills to be played as ember,wind,mirana etc... sadly invoker didn't get buffed even in new version.

Offline grga_man

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: Star_scream
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2020, 19:36 »
No matter what map is being played, old or new, we all know who will be first..

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 20:50 »
I had a mental breakdown when i saw what you did to my boy.
Implementing Balance, adding heroes/skills/items , fixing mechanics , all the things one could do.
But changing the UI completely, to what end, if someone wanted to play Valve's DotA, he will go ahead and do that. Same goes for LoL,HoS and all the other copy cats that emerged from the holes over the years.
Again, Balancing, Implementing new Spells/Items and similar, removing Buggs from previous versions, all the strong suits a map developer can strive to when given such a nice Platform as IceFrog's DotA.
Talents gave it a Flare , few transfered Heroes, allright. But other than that workload should be focused on above mentioned things.

Metaphorically , you were given a Ferarri, and over the years u managed to put a Lada engine in it, and now ,you painted it pink.

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 21:38 »
it is 6.90 but it doesn't matter numbers are only numbers... 6.90 got so much unbalanced things about specific heroes,and so weakness about some other specific heroes,is that much unfair that i can't hold down sometimes.

Offline m3thead

• Say my name!
    • View Profile
    • http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/breakingbad.jpg
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 21:43 »
this map is like Corona virus, u hate it but have to go with the flow... PS Jimmy said it so well, old school map whatsoever kept w3 installed, I am afraid delete time is finally near after nearly 20 years.  ( FUCK DOTA 2 ANGRY FACE).... ;
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 21:50 by m3thead »

Offline Dark_Tauren

• Advanced Member
  • Awards VIP Member [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2020, 00:31 »
This map kills dota 1. I am off...

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2020, 01:20 »
6.83d : this map is bad, we need balance changes, need dota 2 content, bara op fix pls
6.85k : this map is bad, op new heroes, need to adapt, fix pls
6.88 : this map is bad, need to adapt cant win alone, new complicated items, fix pls
6.89 : this map is bad, weird new talents, too op, fix pls
7.00 : this map is bad, too much dota 2 content, complicated new mechanics, fix pls

Offline funnylol

• Advanced Member
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2020, 01:21 »
I barely handle this talent version which make this game so unbalanced i dont say it was balanced before but for sure didnt make gameplay better.That shit wood map is for sure not anymore game we did know.I wont write much about this map becouse i played few times but it makes me just angry minimap is broken for sure color of heroes are wrong and i dont know shit from it,i cant bind ctrl for tp hotkey,AND THE WORSE SHIT CHANGING WOODS ADDING SHRINES AND BOUNTY RUNES.I think it made this game much easier like everyone got too much gold full items everywhere thats sad its like apem.I m not sure if i stop play this map or not but i got a feeling i will look for places where i can play olders maps even before talent version would be nice.

Offline Deynro

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: -deynro-
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 5 Mirana Wars Tours [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Pudge Wars Tours [LEGENDARY] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 01:41 »
Only one thing annoys me, and that's the fact that you can't use anymore Q W E R hotkeys on abilities
Don't give up on your dreams, keep sleeping.

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2020, 01:45 »
Make a poll maybe? As half of players really hate it, previous one even with monkey was way better, and clearer.

I find this one to be extremely chaotic, there is a reason we all here stayed playing dota 1...

It looks like some millenial mental break down, with personality, and gender issues...

I played like 5 games today to test it, I just f hate it, I guess if Dota 1 goes that way I am out as well.

Ps. It supports greedy nabs, and solo stats play, the two things I hate the most.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 01:49 by Sejanus »