Author Topic: ban system  (Read 1968 times)

Offline manyamalin

• Topic Author
  • Server Account: turnoffmee
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ban system
« on: June 03, 2020, 20:17 »
hi everyone

I got problem with people Who they dont care get ban after the game or in game
 last game my team was losing and it was obvious, but its dota things change anytime Right? in that game one person lost fate and refused to play and defend. Said to team we had no chance to win, ı do not def anymore. That person left hero in base afk. (Everyone had experinced like this man). My problem is when ı said to man ıf you dont def or help team, you will get ban for this. Answer was 'ok' and This makes me angry guy. ı was struggling to win. All team was doing like me except that man. I defeated. that is so sad. What should we do when team are losing? AFK? or FİGHT?
   I consider dota is team game and in the game everyone should do their best. one side win and one side lose ı accept. Without fighting there is not point of playing.
    when game start, ı said to myself ı will win this game. after  while that man come to you ı dont play ı dont care, ı dont care ban, ı dont care your game. LOSE. ı really get bored. (lose can be team decision as 'FF' or bad player makes you lose its different situation ) 
   This shows me to that man is not afraid of get ban and easly committed crime. ı think its not right behavier. people should fight till end of the game While team mates are fighting.
   So ın my opinion maybe panishment system could make more tough little bit for that man who ı spoke about.
   Besides thanks to alternatif account, they keep playing and ruin others games.
   Maybe alternatif account number can be decreased
I hope understand my problem,
ı wounded guys. I have been playing dota almost 9 years, ı like dota and ı want play more good games.
 ı want to ask all of you and ı want to learn, What is your idea for this situation   

Offline pastmistake

• Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • D1Map
    • Awards
Re: ban system
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 11:41 »
Yet you can't force him to play either.
It's his word vs your word. Maybe game was actually over ... idk. Not really talking about this specific case. :boy:

As the game u are talking about, you will also encounter games where game it's actually over. But enemy won't hard-push and your allies won't stop defending. So instead of losing min 25, you lose min 60+.

✔ Game lost
✔ 30 extra minutes wasted

How is this version of same story different than yours ?

It's a thin line. However afk is banable.
Even though sometimes it shouldn't. Because if I type !FF , I should be allowed to go afk, since I consider game to be over. If not.. then what's the point of FF ? I;m allowed to FF only when whole team agrees ? Should I waste 20 more minutes on something lost just because 1 from team won't FF ?

Thin line.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 17:15 »
Dont really see the message of this post. What exactly you want to be done? If someone break rules then post request and he will be banned, if he breaks a lot of rules on other accounts too, will be ip banned what more you want? Ofc if  all only complain and not report how should admins know who needs to be banned to make games better?

Even though sometimes it shouldn't. Because if I type !FF , I should be allowed to go afk, since I consider game to be over. If not.. then what's the point of FF ? I;m allowed to FF only when whole team agrees ? Should I waste 20 more minutes on something lost just because 1 from team won't FF ?

If you type !ff and go afk then you waste time for others. Maybe they want to play even if they lose because they play for fun and not tryhard. Or maybe they see possibility to win game even if you think its over and with you they could win.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 17:17 »
It is completely reasonable to ask to get kicked if you dont want to Play [after you typed FF and lost hopes for a win], this way you dont have to "waste" more time, and your team gets a boost by additional gold and items.

Offline pastmistake

• View Profile
    • D1Map
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 18:02 »
If you type !ff and go afk then you waste time for others. Maybe they want to play even if they lose because they play for fun and not tryhard. Or maybe they see possibility to win game even if you think its over and with you they could win.

You are wrong. There are such games/cases, where game it is lost (just a matter of time) .. but enemy has no early tower push. And because of that some "trihard" defender can delay game with additional 10-15min or more. The only reason you should keep playing in those kind of games would be in hope some of the enemy drop/lag/leave.

I personally, got games where all my 3 players went afk (after someone dropped), considering game was over (mainly cause they feeded and their game was shit and teh guy who dropped was core). In the end I lost AA game with 32/4/16 score. While team feeding left-and-right. In this case I was the "trihard-defender". And delayed the game by 15min since the moment they went afk.

So you tell me I should have posted 4 players for losing hope ? And yes, even I aknolwedged game was lost. I simply continued playing because I considered enemies don;t deserve this ez win. But in the process I did waste the time of my 3 allies.  :boy:

This should be "fixable" by adding another specification to the AFK rule:
Players can AFK if they typed !FF and, the majority (3players) voted for FF.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 18:06 by pastmistake »

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 18:06 »
I disagree.
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 18:11 »
You just speak of position of someone who plays for win and if he thinks game is lost even if its min 10 it should be auto ff.

But many people play for fun they enjoy the process and dont want to go ff in 10 minutes if you lost mid. And if you say after 10 minutes its lost im afk you ruin their fun

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 18:12 »
Another thing is when most want to ff but someone is afk or doesnt want to write ff.

Maybe would be good to make ff count needed for ff 4 isntead of 5 to defend against no ff trolls or afkers

Offline pastmistake

• View Profile
    • D1Map
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 18:28 »
You just speak of position of someone who plays for win and if he thinks game is lost even if its min 10 it should be auto ff.

But many people play for fun they enjoy the process and dont want to go ff in 10 minutes if you lost mid. And if you say after 10 minutes its lost im afk you ruin their fun

The notion of "fun" is subjective and selfish. Most players "play for fun" only when they are feeding/losing/having a bad game. IF they have a good game, they start trashing the "fun players" around them.

Playing as core, being highest PSR, and getting focused from start to end, no matter how much "fun" you try to add to the equation, it never ends well. So at that point, it's me continuing playing (getting fucked over and over) for some dude playing sniper and having 30cs min 10, but playing for "fun".
That's the problem. IF all the players in team are playing for fun .. there's no chance of winning. We can;t all have fun (unless we are a 5man stack). Someone has to work.

When was your last nostack, average PSR game where a team lost, and all the 5 players went like .. "ya, but it was fun". And none of them had something to complaint and be mad about.

However such cases occur from time to time, but they are either in high lvl games (where everyone played their best game), or very low level games (where everyone had fun, tested heroes and other stuff). But that's like 5-10% of the games.

TL;DR; You know who is keeping high spirits during an act for the sake of others fun ?
Spoiler for Hiden:
clowns
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 18:32 by pastmistake »

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 18:46 »
When was your last nostack, average PSR game where a team lost, and all the 5 players went like .. "ya, but it was fun". And none of them had something to complaint and be mad about.

Yesterday, even consider that i play like 2 games per 2 weeks.

My point is that if you alone go afk and others from your team want to keep playing then maybe they do it because they either hope for win or play for fun. In either case you are the one ruining game for them.

So your point seems selfish, you are basically saying "game should end when i decide that its over"

Offline pastmistake

• View Profile
    • D1Map
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 19:06 »
Never said it should be the norm. Only presented the 2 sides of the coin.

Also proposed a fix.
This should be "fixable" by adding another specification to the AFK rule:
Players can AFK if they typed !FF and, the majority (3players) voted for FF.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 19:12 »
Maybe will be easier to end game on 3 ff votes then.

Why complicate things and ban someone if you can prevent the problem

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[RE] What a nonsense discussion
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2020, 19:32 »
I mean, those afkers must be deleted from this server already

I sometimes regret, when i had full access, i did not mercilessly delete them from the server

I believe, we can accept and be friendly to newbies, it is cool to let them play the game that they like in their own way, without that 'professional' context

But those who dare to go afk because they do not find a reason to play the game, they must be removed from this server forever

I promise, on my next vacation, when i hack the server once again, i will remove those persons and take care to never let them come back;
That act of mercy towards them was a mistake;

Anyway, my opinion is, everyone who joined the game should play it until very end;
I treat it as 'contract', you join = you want to play the full game, so you play it;
If you are not sure you can play the game until the end - do not join !

Spoiler for Hiden:
A bit unrelated:
I know, there are situations sometimes, when you have to go somewhere, emergency, etc - then there are at least two obvious options:
1) Players can understand and !votekick you without ban
2) Go quit the game instead of begging them to kick you, if they do not understand; Person shouldn`t care about ban more than about real life issue he faces;

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 19:34 »

And discussing some crutches and workarounds of this problem, like you guys did here, does not look effective

that's what i meant, when i said first time that i find you bad programmer, mister pastmistake

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline pastmistake

• View Profile
    • D1Map
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2020, 21:15 »
It's a forum.
Forums are for debates.
Debates are not always meant to be productive.
(Those are called brainstorm sessions)  :boy: