Author Topic: A rule complaint  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A rule complaint
« on: May 27, 2020, 18:36 »
~ Ban & Unban Super Moderator has the last word regarding Complains, user can not demand Global Admin/Administrator to review his case.

I've just happened to notice this, and I think it makes no sense, I'd like it discussed and explained by admins - Therefore I don't need opinions of other normal users on this matter so I kindly ask you not to respond here unless you are admin (or a deer, they are always welcome in my topics)

I'll state my case why it makes no sense, and by this I don't mean to belittle ksv or any other mod, super mod or anyone else, so I'll caps to make it clear its not PERSONAL AGAINST ANYONE.

But

1. Ksv is a good guy, I appreciate all the work he is doing here but he makes mistakes. In my opinion too much mistakes for the position he is having. Of-course he will fix that over time, but I don't think he should be trusted with ultimate "last word" yet.

2. What happens to requests b&u supermod takes and there is a complaint on them? Here actually doesn't matter who is in that position, but do you really want such guy to solve a request - receive a complain - resolve a complain. This basically means player who posted request/complain doesn't even get a second opinion.

3. Having one guy getting "last word" isn't really a good thing, and at this point once again it doesn't matter who the "b&u super mod" is - the decision reached mutually by 4 admins where 3 of them are very experienced in b&u is much better than having any "single" guy reaching one. I don't think I need to explain this any further.

Also 3. is actually what Jean told me during our PM conversation, and I supported it completely. So I find this rule rather contradictory to what I heard in our conversation. (or perhaps I misunderstood you jean).

Thanks for the time reading this, have a nice day.

PS: complaints = plural of complain (and not complains as written twice in these rules) - not sure who wrote these actually but check your grammar bro (not meaning to offend)
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A rule complaint
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 18:42 »
What is your suggestion to resolve this?

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 19:04 »
All this comes due the lack of staff,if there would have been more mods ksv would supervise instead of solving requests by himself. Im with Luke,b&u staff should be indipendant from every other sections and the final word should be given to the admin of the section.
As for ksv being adapt for the position or not i dont think there is someone in forum or even world who wont have his haters or even complains againts him so imo the name its not imporant cuz dota isnt math,we just should try to make the system perfect so the system itself can correct the staff decisions.

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 19:11 »
Also this non sense of the unban request being solved from the one who allready banned u went on for years here and then it was changed but when u get banned from the admin of the b&u section isnt the same like getting banned from the mods and making a complain about their decions to the adm section? So still the final word would be to the ksv,it just cut off the time.

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 23:34 »
My suggestion is: ksv or whoever is supermod takes requests which are complaint about mods.

Someone else from admins takes "complaints on supermod" requests, there are 2 possibilities imo.

1. You dedicate an admin to resolve these requests and switch it daily/weekly/monthly at your choice. In my opinion 3 of you (shadowlord aleksandar jimmy) are very experienced and your decision is more trustworthy, while Jeandarc has been around long enough probably the longest among us so he probably knows everything already so he would be a fine option as well. The one you choose (or its his task day) has "last word".

2. You all discuss it (privately or publicly the choice is yours), reach some decision and its the actual "last word".

I'm fine with both options.

There are not many requests which complain on supermod, but they still exist, and as long as they exist they shouldn't be forbidden by some rule (which is currently the case). They won't take much of your time whatever option you choose.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 23:53 by Akuma »
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 00:32 »
Ok we will choose one of those two options, thanks for the feedback.