Author Topic: Still awaiting reply  (Read 3134 times)

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
Still awaiting reply
« on: May 25, 2020, 23:51 »
https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php/topic,191079.0.html

So i posted this suggestion a while ago but still nobody replied except jimmy. What is the progress on it? I believe that i described the problem in detail and it would be nice if the administration wasnt ignoring it

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Still awaiting reply
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 08:58 »
Why are you reopening topics, isn't that considered a spam?
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 20:12 »
It wasnt closed because suggestion was accepted or declined, it looks like it was overlooked and forgotten, so i dont see how its spam to remind.

Your post however is pure offtopic and spam, dont see why you keep following me in every topic anyway

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 20:30 »
It wasnt closed because suggestion was accepted or declined, it looks like it was overlooked and forgotten, so i dont see how its spam to remind.

Your post however is pure offtopic and spam, dont see why you keep following me in every topic anyway
I explained why it was locked, wanted to get Administrators to provide their opinion about the Subject, and starting from that we could have a constructive conversation.
Its pointless to develop a conversation if we dont know how Community Leaders think about it , metaphorically like start fishing in a pond without knowing if there is fish there. We could waste time ,but we wont get anything Definitive without Them expressing about it.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 23:24 »
,but we wont get anything Definitive without Them expressing about it.

Exactly my point, i wanted to point out that i havent forgotten about my topic and want to get community leaders opinion because the mentioned problem is actually very common around here - it leads to argues inside staff and to snowball punishments

Offline iPlayOnlyMid

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 15:19 »
I agree with OP.
The system might be better-ish than rgc/iccup. But still flawed bigtime in some aspects:

From the top of my mind.
1) Accused moderator "solving/closing" his own complaints ?

2) We get "antigamers" in like 1/3 games if we're to nitpick.
Example: some guy jungling (obviously on purpose) for 20min straight: 0/0/0 score at min 20mark;) You go post him on forums 9/10 times it's not considered game ruin (and yes.. it shouldn;t be).
YET. When mod is in game, he can declare game ruin some dude not using his spells correctly or when he needed it. :boy: Doesn;'t matter if he wards

3) The votekick rule seems weird. That one, where we are obliged/forced to kick someone who is gameruining. Even though, only mods can dictate what is "gameruin" and what is not (we exclude here the obvious cases: item destroy, ward sharing, spell abuse).

4) You combine 2) and 3) and you get this weird case where you are forced to votekick someone only because a mod says so in game. No matter how absurd/untruth the request is.  :P

4) Removing "unwanted" forum posts or closing them before the topic was consumed. Even though they are flame-free or sarcasm. Last time I checked forum as an internet-tool is for opinions, not for facts and valid information.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 16:26 »
So what is your Suggestion?

Guys, if this is going to work as u want it to work, along with your observations and opinions ,write down you suggestion of how you think something should be changed to make it better.

Offline iPlayOnlyMid

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 16:45 »
1. Accused mods should never "solve/close" their threads, only bring evidence and debate on the matter.

2. Votekick should be what it is a vote. Make additional commands for mods, to kick players from game w/o voting. This way the "kick" responsibility is theirs and only theirs. Don;t need to drag the other 8 players into it.

3. Never lock forum threads, unless:
a) clearly solved and nobody replied in past 7days.
b) Or it wasn't solved, but nobody replied in 30days.
we exclude here the ban requests that ended with a ban, but not the ones that ended with no-ban. So we allow them to bring more evidence or debate.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 16:58 »
1. Accused mods should never "solve/close" their threads, only bring evidence and debate on the matter.
Complain About Moderator is done by Head Moderator [currently dont have].
And complains about B&U Admin's decision is done by Global Admin.
This is how it currently stands , it would be good if we would have more applications, therefore we could have more staff and more options.

2. Votekick should be what it is a vote. Make additional commands for mods, to kick players from game w/o voting. This way the "kick" responsibility is theirs and only theirs. Don;t need to drag the other 8 players into it.
@cen  , lets ask Server Administrator if this is possible, and go from there.

we exclude here the ban requests that ended with a ban, but not the ones that ended with no-ban. So we allow them to bring more evidence or debate.
Most complaints are locked when there are Forum violations, or dissrespectfull content that would escalate and lead to Forum Ban [want to avoid that] , but as you can see , when a User makes a constructive suggestion , while being respectfull and have in mind the server [not his personal opinions] , High Staff will not lock it, even engage in a discussion and try to make the most out of it ,and come to a solution that will benefit the majority of server Players.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 21:45 »

1. Maybe could be that all complaints are reviewed by B&U section leader and he has the final word but if complaint is about section leaders direct ban then global admin reviews it.

2. I think its interesting idea, technically its already implemented but disabled due to abuse in past. I think could try since now admin needs to votekick which leads to mass punishments if others dont want to kick. This way will be faster and simplier. And if admin kicks wrongfully then access can be taken away from him for abuse, for example. So basically result will be same just with less hassle and unncesarry punishments/explanantions.

3. I think its good to wait for replay and close when topic started doesnt reply for long or says that issue is solved. Ofc unless rules are broken. But i think if you lock topcis to prevent breaking the rules it wont help because they will just open new topics and get banned for spam anyway

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 23:45 »
Such commands were abused in the past so the most sensible thing would be to not treat games with staff in them any different than regular games in regard to command usage.

Offline iPlayOnlyMid

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 00:23 »
Makes no sense. Abuse = warn/unmod. It's that easy.
It's like we're afraid to punish staff. Instead of finding a solution we find ways to never encounter the problem.

But then again. Making !votekick NEVER MANDATORY it's what i proposed as well. Keep in mind there are players who mute/hide all chat. Everything. So they will never see ppl whine on ALL/ALLIED chat about kicking x/y.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2020, 00:19 »
im tired of waiting, guess you can close the topic

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2020, 14:46 »
your wish is my command

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 14:55 »