Author Topic: About thror ban  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
About thror ban
« on: May 08, 2020, 16:48 »
Decision not to unban him was rather good in my opinion, but I would like to point out one thing that caught my eye.

While having many bans, you can easily see most of these bans are from 2018, and after that he didn't have bans until recent. I'd just like to point out to mods while checking this and not to judge people for something they did a really long time ago.

If you look it like this, you can even find some admins being banned many times before, but it doesn't mean they are still that same "banned person" they used to be. Take jeandarc for example probably the best example. He was banned countless times both on server and forum, but he improved over time and his past "sins" were obviously not taken into consideration when cen promoted him, and this was a good call. Other people should be treated this way as well.

Feel free to discuss, and have a deery day.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: About thror ban
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 18:34 »
My concern is elsewhere,he was caught playing on the other account while he was allready banned on his main but we allready know everyone does that. Do we expect players to wait untill the ban ends as the rule says? I mean ban avoid rule should be applied only when the player has left some games not when hes reported and banned cuz he will just join with other accounts like everyone else is doing and has done in the past. My point is why dont we turn every ban into ip with lesser time compared to the usual ban to be sure noone will ever ban avoid. This hunt on the players that are ban avoiding is nonsense and i doubt that is solving the things.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 18:36 by ilikedat »

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 19:15 »
I think its good idea, its probably not done because of the disagreement between lagabuse and eurobattle staff. Since ban ip function is in jurisdiction of eurobattle and affects whole server - not good to ban someone from whole server because he left game in dota.

So either need to ban from whole server for ban duration or need new way of banning so only lagabuse is affected

Would be good if lagabuse had more influence on eurobattle policies, so this problem can finally be solved but it doesnt seem that server owner is encouraged to provide it due to problems with old staff
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 19:17 by luke »

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 19:59 »
There are two things regarding That Request.
`First , Sejtura's ban was removed [for 10 seconds] ,because he didnt follow the protocol and noted the Ban Publicly in Ban Reports.
`Second is that i know [most] of the people that are Ban Avoiding, im fairly active and try to keep track on what happens, but in order to have the balance i somewhat `close an eye` on some things or in most cases make Exceptions, for example The Thror case, 70% of his accounts were permanently banned , and he was left with few accounts that he can display his improvement by not breaking rules, i do this quite often since the above mentioned reasons.

Note`
Even if he was aware , that i am aware. He still procceded to apply for a Complain even if he knows that he has been given an pardon. In these cases ,the Hammers falls hard and strong. Resulting in the way it did

Note on Eu/LA`
For this reason i integrated myself in both Eurobattle & Lagabuse Staff , so that we can all work together in finding that balance in Juristiction as well as in the balance to provide justice to the Individual and the Major Population.

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 22:49 »
I wish you wouldnt ban my accounts aswell i.e basura_slayer, artstylepush
we are neighbors our ips conflict sometimes
cen update the map please

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 23:47 »
My concern is elsewhere,he was caught playing on the other account while he was allready banned on his main but we allready know everyone does that. Do we expect players to wait untill the ban ends as the rule says?

yes

I mean ban avoid rule should be applied only when the player has left some games not when hes reported and banned cuz he will just join with other accounts like everyone else is doing and has done in the past.

It should be always checked, regardless of the ban reason. Duration is what makes a difference.

My point is why dont we turn every ban into ip with lesser time compared to the usual ban to be sure noone will ever ban avoid. This hunt on the players that are ban avoiding is nonsense and i doubt that is solving the things.

Too many reasons, I'll just name a few.

1) IP bans can affect people that it shouldn't affect in some cases, its not ideal. Once I banned a friend by locking another persons IP, and he didn't even knew who the guy is.
2) Wrong bans would be much harsher this way, and there is always a case when moderator is wrong.
3) You can't possibly trust some newbie moderator with information that comes with this.
Plenty more.

The Thror case, 70% of his accounts were permanently banned
yeah, most of them in 2018 according to screenshot you posted, you missed the point of my topic, which is you shouldn't judge people by something they've done long time ago.
Perhaps this thror guy is a bad example since he definitely deserves this ban and your decision was correct, thats why I included jeandarc comparison.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 23:58 »
Actually I just checked again and realized you IP locked him permanently (I thought it was for a couple of days).

His IP ban should be as long as his autobans, to prevent him from avoiding it again.

This was a bad decision unless he had previous lengthy IP bans I am unaware of.

So if this was not the case, I'll stand for this turk.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 01:18 »
Actually I just checked again and realized you IP locked him permanently (I thought it was for a couple of days).

His IP ban should be as long as his autobans, to prevent him from avoiding it again.

This was a bad decision unless he had previous lengthy IP bans I am unaware of.

So if this was not the case, I'll stand for this turk.
You said that you checked , then you said you dont know if he has previous bans .
But if you checked you would see :

You ban has been removed due protocol violation.
Moderator has been warned because of this.

Regarding You , i will deal with this Properly and withing protocol :

You have 13 banned accounts for National Intolerance-Family Related flame and Ban Avoid.

That makes a total of 15 Bans that have over 110 Warn points, all of them included with Warns for Ban Evading. While currently avoiding ban on 2 accounts.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 01:24 »
To all other comments regarding the way the System work, how bans are applied , and all other similar things. Please : https://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php/board,134.0.html

A kind reminder , this is a Complain [not a Discussion ] Board.

Discussion about this request has been Opened , Discussed and Solved/Closed.
This by default is Spam, but it is allowed to display tolerance.

As mentioned above, You are all welcomed to apply for Staff Positions, or reinstate in some cases , and induct internal discussions in Sections on how to improve them.