Author Topic: discussion about the ban avoid rule & loading abuse.  (Read 1267 times)

Offline MATADOR

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=189739.msg688138;boardseen#new
1.Are u guys aware before implementing this rule that if u leave the lobby in the last seconds of the countdown game still start and the result of it is a draw? it happened to me many times,even lately so im afraid inoccent will get banned and they wont have profs to defend themselfes unless u do your own test to be 100% sure that if u leave the lobby before the game start countdown will be aborted.
Bans for ban evade must be full server locks because banning the main account of the abuser doesn't really make any difference, they can just use another one. This type of lock prevents the user to use the server entirely so it is a heavy punishment which we don't really like to use often.
i totally agree with that,this server cannot afford to lock everyone who does minor offenses but the problem is that there should be a standart of how the rules are followed by the mods.
it was u @cen http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=189654.0 who locked me one day on server for that minor offense even that was the first time i left the game,even that i came here nicely addmiting the guilt and asking for unban but seems like that is not enough when everyone is againts. why that rush to lock someone whos played here for so long and who allways try to obey to the rules?
Final decision in this specific case (keka):
- no ban issued was correct decision according to internal b&u policy
- Warn for ban evade (1st time).
which policy u followed on my case my friend? i understand that the decision to make some changes happend now but that ban request was posted on the same time with mine so he should have been banned back then same as me simple is that.
So if an admin decides not to issue such a ban, stop spamming about it every day in every topic as a certain user did lately. We don't have to explain every damn thing which regular players have no business knowing about.
@cen can u at least advise them not to lock unsolved topics without posting an argumented asnwer first? are u saying that the reason why he wasnt banned is that he was playing from an internet caffe? u guys could at least double his current ban like the old rules used to work stop finding exuses lol
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 00:29 by MATADOR »

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
Re: discussion about the ban avoid rule & loading abuse.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 00:39 »
If the server can afford removing people just because they said 1 bad word against an Admin, something like this is nothing to even talk about

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 00:50 »
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=189739.msg688138;boardseen#new
1.Are u guys aware before implementing this rule that if u leave the lobby in the last seconds of the countdown game still start and the result of it is a draw? it happened to me many times,even lately so im afraid inoccent will get banned and they wont have profs to defend themselfes unless u do your own test to be 100% sure that if u leave the lobby before the game start countdown will be aborted.
Bans for ban evade must be full server locks because banning the main account of the abuser doesn't really make any difference, they can just use another one. This type of lock prevents the user to use the server entirely so it is a heavy punishment which we don't really like to use often.
i totally agree with that,this server cannot afford to lock everyone who does minor offenses but the problem is that there should be a standart of how the rules are followed by the mods.
it was u @cen http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=189654.0 who locked me one day on server for that minor offense even that was the first time i left the game,even that i came here nicely addmiting the guilt and asking for unban but seems like that is not enough when everyone is againts. why that rush to lock someone whos played here for so long and who allways try to obey to the rules?
Final decision in this specific case (keka):
- no ban issued was correct decision according to internal b&u policy
- Warn for ban evade (1st time).
which policy u followed on my case my friend? i understand that the decision to make some changes happend now but that ban request was posted on the same time with mine so he should have been banned back then same as me simple is that.
So if an admin decides not to issue such a ban, stop spamming about it every day in every topic as a certain user did lately. We don't have to explain every damn thing which regular players have no business knowing about.
@cen can u at least advise them not to lock unsolved topics without posting an argumented asnwer first? are u saying that the reason why he wasnt banned is that he was playing from an internet caffe? u guys could at least double his current ban like the old rules used to work stop finding exuses why he wasnt banned lol
1. Yes, we actually added the Loading Abuse to the rule book a few days ago due to complaints.

2. I issued the ban because I saw 13+ active accounts and a pattern of 2-3 being autobanned at the same time more than once. Far from the worst offenders thus it was only a single day ban.

Topic was locked because 2 or 3 other people posted useess comments. After yet another person opened yet another topic I added a [pending review] into the title but apparently even that was not good of enough hint because then another topic was created by the OP. I am not a fan of closing topics but it would probably attract even more people posting useless comments if it stayed open.

Offline MATADOR

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 00:59 »
1. Yes, we actually added the Loading Abuse to the rule book a few days ago due to complaints.

2. I issued the ban because I saw 13+ active accounts and a pattern of 2-3 being autobanned at the same time more than once. Far from the worst offenders thus it was only a single day ban.

as i told u guys before the warden is not accurate,im not using 13 accounts and noone of my accounts was autobanned at the time we are talking exept of the ilikedat,i can assure u for that. we can disscus it in private if u want but i doubt u will bother to do it so.

Topic was locked because 2 or 3 other people posted useess comments. After yet another person opened yet another topic I added a [pending review] into the title but apparently even that was not good of enough hint because then another topic was created by the OP. I am not a fan of closing topics but it would probably attract even more people posting useless comments if it stayed open.
it was me who posted 3 requests and in neither of them was explained what it was going to happen with it cuz ofc i wasnt going to spam more and more like i did.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:01 by MATADOR »

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 01:17 »

as i told u guys before the warden is not accurate,im not using 13 accounts and noone of my accounts was autobanned at the time we are talking exept of the ilikedat,i can assure u for that. we can disscus it in private if u want but i doubt u will bother to do it so.

it was me who posted 3 requests and in neither of them was explained what it was going to happen with it cuz ofc i wasnt going to spam more and more like i did.

False positives are always possible but not very often. Hit me up on discord tomorrow, we can go into a little more details.