Author Topic: ban system is a riki with lothar  (Read 1841 times)

Offline grga_man

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: Star_scream
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ban system is a riki with lothar
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 15:07 »
I will join too, decent discussion tho..
I think i have solution for this, here it goes:
Making bad/stupid items should be banable (ww on riki, bf on sven, ww on leoric/trax as first item) but,
When moderators apply ban, they need to say what player did and that is wrong, (and getting answer from guy who has been reported makes him to understand that is wrong way to play, i hope im right), lot of players are stupid, there is not another way of learning them, therefore this is one of way to do it.
This is only my opinion, accept it or not, i dont really care. :D

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 17:10 »
The only thing you guys should actually ask for is admins investing more of their time and check if every single report is worth IP banning.
Most people won't care about having their account banned (unless the ban is unjust obviously)

We do check players' history and their other accounts and ip ban them

This is the fattest lie. Mods don't have access to this, and admins don't do it unless they are explicitly asked about certain player.

Now I am not sure about this current administration (but warden banlist is quite public and we can count recent IP bans, so I am probably in true), at the time when I was b&u admin the only one checking reports was me (with occasional AGENT help).

Others simply wouldn't care about important features but would rather work on replacing banner (yeah we trolled about this in few topics).

You get like 10 at max requests daily, half of them gets denied so you have 5 requests daily that you should check. If you spend 3-5 minutes per request it takes 15-25 MINUTES PER DAY, and you would do that every 5th or 6th day depending on how many of you split this job (no idea how many people have warden access at this moment).

« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 17:13 by Akuma »
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020, 17:24 »
I think for verbal insults there should be mute, not ban. It seems more fair like this.

I remember situations where people were getting ip banned for ridiculous things:
Flame in 1 game -> get banned -> rage here -> use another account -> get ip banned -> never come back to server.

Doubt there is a problem with access, more with time or desire to check every single reported player

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 17:31 »
I think for verbal insults there should be mute, not ban. It seems more fair like this.

I remember situations where people were getting ip banned for ridiculous things:
Flame in 1 game -> get banned -> rage here -> use another account -> get ip banned -> never come back to server.

Doubt there is a problem with access, more with time or desire to check every single reported player
About mutes I guess it can be discussed, it has pros and cons like anything else.

Its not like there is 50 daily requests that happened years ago so it would be much time consuming, Seriously would take 30minutes per week per admin if they split it nicely.

If admin doesn't have time or desire to spend such minor amount of time to do something which IMPROVES overall system, then in my opinion he shouldn't be an admin.

JUST FOR THE SAKE OF NOT GETTING MISUNDERSTOOD, I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYONE HERE, YOU GUYS ARE REALLY MUCH BETTER STAFF THAN PREVIOUS ONE FULL OF EFKOS, AND ITS AN HONEST OPINION.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 17:42 »
I don't see much cons about mutes.

As for reports, there are actually a LOT of flames, just nobody bothers to report (because easy to evade ban). Global mute would teach flamers a good lesson though.

JUST FOR THE SAKE OF NOT GETTING MISUNDERSTOOD, I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYONE HERE, YOU GUYS ARE REALLY MUCH BETTER STAFF THAN PREVIOUS ONE FULL OF EFKOS, AND ITS AN HONEST OPINION.

Loled at that

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 18:34 »
Ofc its the fucking lie,about IP ban totally, in past I was ip locked for 7 days with reason intentionally feeding in 1 game after I m not sure maybe 5 years at server, and in other game bug abuse with night stalker, so 7 fucking days without warn or anything,then after all of that 1 months ago i get ip locked again, the reason this time had more value 3x rage quit in 1 night from different acc, let me tekl you once i left with only positive score in team after wrote gg wp, second I lost coz of pastmistake, third time cant remember, so I can get ip locked banned, but the players like egon nop, and I think there is the difference between me and egon. Whatever this needs some changes, its not  good at all, balance system is bad, some decisions from admins are personal and not realistic, but its not everything about la staff and admins, ppl are problem too, we are the most important thing , the players are the ones who make this server, and you cant change them with anything.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 18:38 »
If fighting this battle for years.
You need Server owner to approve these changes,regardless of everything.

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2020, 18:53 »
Ofc its the fucking lie,about IP ban totally, in past I was ip locked for 7 days with reason intentionally feeding in 1 game after I m not sure maybe 5 years at server, and in other game bug abuse with night stalker, so 7 fucking days without warn or anything,then after all of that 1 months ago i get ip locked again, the reason this time had more value 3x rage quit in 1 night from different acc, let me tekl you once i left with only positive score in team after wrote gg wp, second I lost coz of pastmistake, third time cant remember, so I can get ip locked banned, but the players like egon nop, and I think there is the difference between me and egon. Whatever this needs some changes, its not  good at all, balance system is bad, some decisions from admins are personal and not realistic, but its not everything about la staff and admins, ppl are problem too, we are the most important thing , the players are the ones who make this server, and you cant change them with anything.

You are one of the best examples how simple IP ban can fix someone
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=180726.msg645619#msg645619

and I remember this worked quite good.

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2020, 19:23 »
Right now we only lock the most egregious cases, we used to enforce it much more strictly but there were many more players then. If community thinks we should be more generous with server bans once again we can change that.

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2020, 19:31 »
However that didn't change the server to better, that's the problem, that kind of treatment should be considered for others, there are manny candidates.

Offline 3zz3

• I never lose, either I win, or LEARN.
  • Server Account: The_Miracle
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2020, 20:01 »

what do u mean mute verbal insults what are we soft like those lol playres pee pee brain and 5 month ban wtf i say flaming family shod be stricker and more days baned and game ruiners