Author Topic: ban system is a riki with lothar  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Arthas

• The Fallen Prince
  • Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ban system is a riki with lothar
« on: February 03, 2020, 11:13 »
toxic community  and a broken rules in every dota game on lagabuse because of failing ban system as punishment.

autoban due to leaving is the only practical thing there.

breaking a rule or insulting other player =can not play dota .this is suppose to be ban idea. it does not work .

ip ban must be applied .especially to accepted ban forums

Offline KeMCek

• Ogar Master
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • 4x Bloodstone > 3x Bloodstone
  • Server Account: KeMCek
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Deer Member LA staff - Moderator Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month [RARE] Winner of 5 Warlock Tours [LEGENDARY] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Tours staff member [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ban system is a riki with lothar
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 11:24 »
players can make items what they want. This is my opinion
Yo mama so fat she uses Google Earth to take a selfie.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 11:29 »
Which part of the ban system don't you agree with? Any player who breaks a rule is punished accordingly. And yes, we do apply ip bans to those who deserve it.

Offline Arthas

• The Fallen Prince
  • Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 11:32 »
the part when you ban me and i go join with other accounts

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 11:38 »
If you continue to ruin games, then yes all of your other accounts get banned as well. Many players have all of their accounts banned for a set period of time.

From the rule book:
c) Evading ban is forbidden and may lead to a lock on server, as well as permaban on all newly created accounts.

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 11:47 »
If you continue to ruin games, then yes all of your other accounts get banned as well. Many players have all of their accounts banned for a set period of time.

From the rule book:
c) Evading ban is forbidden and may lead to a lock on server, as well as permaban on all newly created accounts.

It is well known that majority just ignores this part of rule book, and this is why mister Arthas upset
Pretending that is all covered by rule book is not cool, when obeying this book is not strict
Banning only hardcore ruiners just keeps this server/community on waterline, but waves are still hitting above it periodically
^ such metaphor right here
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 12:26 »
The rule is not being ignored, it's simply executed in private depending on the player's history. The rule clearly says that a player may get locked but that depends on different factors. We are not going to lock a player who has over 10k+ played games and left a single game, this is just an example, there are different factors that contribute here.

About the pretending part, let's not pretend you are a saint either, if we would be strict with the rules then you and your other 10+ accounts would have been banned long time ago.

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 12:36 »
if we would be strict with the rules then you and your other 10+ accounts would have been banned long time ago

And this is a clear example of problem that people want to point out, mistake that is being repeated for years
Ruiners are not getting punished/taught, they just lose ability to play on few accounts instead of having time at changing behavior, while being banned in more strict way
If me and many else players which were doing same things as i was representing, would get really punished and taught, games would be way more friendly

Spoiler for Hiden:
Too bad someone are still afraid of losing online players
Spoiler for Hiden:
837+ by now

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 12:38 »
Anyway i just wanted to clarify what Arthas meant, because i expected another post like 'we have rules that are showing the way of dealing with ruiners', which does not really satisfy topic author's interest

And yes, such post appeared again, so i decided to put my cool words too

Not meant to start le war or such
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:40 by AntlermanXXL »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 13:09 »
What strict way would that even be? Do you want us to find their location and beat them up to teach them a lesson or would you like us to hire a behaviour therapist to "change their behavior"?

The toxicity exists in every game, especially in moba where people need to actually work together in order to win. Toxic players who ruin the game for the others get punished accordingly, we don't know the future if someone will decide to go full retard and run down mid to feed and ruin the game for the others, but the same thing happens in every single other moba out there. The important part is that yes, those players do get punished and will continue to get punished.

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 13:14 »
The bigger issue lies in the fact that people are too lazy to keep spamming ban reports on such players. That's the first thing that should change.

Furthermore, it is way too easy to create new accounts and that encourages scumbags to do all kinds of shit knowing they can simply make a new account when neeeded. I'm not saying that it should be harder to create accounts, I know the impact it would have, I'm just pointing out the problem.

Essentially, you end up asking the same question. How do we solve this? I already suggested banhammer buff enchantments but  was told it would significantly decrease the popularity. I get that.

I proposed redesigning the ranking system in order for players to have to meet specific requirements to join higher skill level games, and I was told that "solution" was too complex and ultimately, it takes too much time and effort for something that may or may not pay off. That's true, D1 is pretty much dead so why bother.

I also proposed making some sort of "1IP = 1Account" rule, in which exceptions such as Inteenet caffes and multiple people sharing one device would have to be reported via specific request, and again, I was told that would bring more cons than pros due to playerbase mentality and complexity.

I did encourage people to keep spamming reports, as per the motto "be the change you want to see in this world", and the most common response I got on that was that "it's not worth their time, cauae the staff will overlook the offense due to valid and/or invalid reasons". In a way, it wouldn't be a sin to shift the blame to you guys (former staff to be more accurate), I can elaborate this if needed.

So what do you have left? If you can find a new, unique, and simple solution I'm all ears. If not, there are two options. You can either host your own games and choose players who'll be allowed to play the game as per your own, predetermined criteria, or you can face the fact that you'll inevitably have to deal with random pub bullshittery.

Alternatives:

Safelist - I'd personally rather deal with a stage 4 cancer than go through that experience again, but maybe you'll have more luck under nolifer's all-knowing holy guidance.

Or

Run away from here with the little amount of sanity you have left and find a new gaming occupation.

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 13:15 »
Post above TL:DR, and apologies for any spelling errors, I'm too lazy to edit stuff via phone.

Offline Arthas

• The Fallen Prince
  • Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 13:22 »
this is exactly what i wanted to say .i couldnt say better .thank you realy.

you can not catch everyone .but you can get the majority .i didnt say ban people who leave games but at least ip ban people caught in ban forums

we do not leave games because we know we will get autoban .we also wont break rules like insulting each other if we know we will get ip ban if forumed

Offline Arthas

• The Fallen Prince
  • Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 13:30 »
this is exactly what i wanted to say .i couldnt say better .thank you realy.

you can not catch everyone .but you can get the majority .i didnt say ban people who leave games but at least ip ban people caught in ban forums

we do not leave games because we know we will get autoban .we also wont break rules like insulting each other if we know we will get ip ban if forumed
you dont have to ip ban for many days ...a single day may do for some cases...YOU CAN NOT PLAY DOTA TODAY

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 13:35 »
We do check players' history and their other accounts and ip ban them, we just don't go around making global announcements that player01 and all of his accounts: player02, player03, player04, player05, player06, player07, player08, player09 have been locked