Author Topic: Why do people almost instantly !ignore / !muteall once they get talked to?  (Read 1404 times)

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: deer-door
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Short answer - because they can.

Do you need a longer, more detailed one instead?

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: deer-door
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Short answer - because they can.

Do you need a longer, more detailed one instead?

Yes, please, go into details
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
One of the reason is probably cause Chatting disturb their Focus ,Concetration.
Rarely its Anti-Social nature

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I think weak minds are ez crushed. Thats why.

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Not Right at all.

Mute all. Focus on your game. Chat is just distracting tool. All actions or movements u can see on ur minimap

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
I think because there are too many toxic people. When you write in chat they remember that they wanted to muteall at start and do it

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Not Right at all.

Mute all. Focus on your game. Chat is just distracting tool. All actions or movements u can see on ur minimap

I like the way you explained it, and yes, that's one of few reasons. However, isn't proper communication one of essential winning factors when it comes to MOBA's? Chat's there for a reason and it should not be considered a "distraction tool", especially not here with all the amount of ignorant tryhards.

In this particular case, people !ignore / !muteall simply cause they can't / won't be bothered by others. I support !muteall as a command unless it is used to cover up a scumbag move (e.g. using it to spam people while muting / unmuting), it simply makes things easier as there isn't much scenarios in which communication with opponents is necessary. Considering the amount of spammers and flamers, !muteall has more pros than cons.

As for !ignore, well, I guess some people can't (or won't) be bothered by others. They either want to focus on the game alone, or they just do not wish to "waste their time" talking to others, due to their own reasons.

There's also a scenario where people recognize you for being a total scumbag of a person, flamer, spammer, shitty troll, or just a complete noob, hence they just do not wish to even bother trying to communicate with you. As a really crappy troll with annoying and unnecessary puns, I can confirm this to be true.

You also have the kind of people playing support oriented heroes as carries (or to be more accurate, desperately trying and failing to play as proper carries), who instantly ignore you when you ask a question such as: "Can you buy some wards?", "Can you please stop autoattacking?", or "Dazzle can you please stop disrupting my farm? I can't support with Anti-Mage". Got nothing nice to say about those kind of people.

I don't mind that much being ignored by someone in a game, but the thing I can't digest properly are situations where your own teammate !ignores you for some dumb ass reason, then proceeds to lecture and command you on what you're supposed to be doing throughout the game while keeping you ignored. Why is that even a thing?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 16:21 by nikolagay »

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Distracting or "boring" guy can be same things that are related with chat box. Lets focus on this part where you dont have that "guy",where everyone knows what they suppose to do..Then you dont need hands for typing or voice to say something to your teammate. Game should be fluid for both teams,ye,i know this is only in high ranked or team matches but high games are not so bright sometimes.

Point is focus. Its not necessery to use that command at all if u know why you started game and have good reason playin' it. Guys that play for "fun" can be fine in game unless they troll or int,lowbies are fine also cuz all of us were "starter package".

What is more important is fact that noone of you(I'm not playing D1 anymore) getting paid for playin' it. Question is..Is it worth?
Yes,If u will play newer and paid thing all other things are categorized as 'tetris' games. Because putting some effort in something and not getting paid for it is wasting time,its ok if you are young and dont think about other things but from my aspect now..Nah,I would rather do something more constructive. It's all about growing up as person and as player,simple.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 22:24 by cyb »

Offline Mara

• GFX Moderator
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • @hip-hop.sk
  • Server Account: ^^succubus^^
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Azeroth Grand Prix Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1time happens that i killed a guy and he start talk to mé something Like '' REALLY? '' and when i answer him (that he should care becouse im not high so i play way better and he shouldnt except my noobish feeding someone killed me becouse i concentrate to chat at that moment and he said it was a tactic. Ill mute all the time in future :)) +dnd so noone také away my profesional gameplay xD
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Self centered, greed, and stat only focus, f the team, the game, and probably themselves after the game😁

Offline Nexxus

• dota expert analytics department
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
One of the reason is probably cause Chatting disturb their Focus ,Concetration.
Rarely its Anti-Social nature
What focus and concentration do you disturb in these peanut brained players, been playing some games recently I'm losing my mental xdxdxd