Author Topic: Still not thinking of banning balance fuckers?  (Read 77439 times)

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Still not thinking of banning balance fuckers?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 13:31 »
Why don't you just get better at Dota? If you invest 1-hour training last hitting creeps and watch some videos about the strategy instead of playing 1 game, you might be as good as any other "good" player. Instead, you choose to suck and play "for fun".

You guys did hard work to make me to join this discussion
This post is the winner one
Tho, if you are trolling here, i got caught, but this is expectable

Anyway, it will be short this time, i just bring few questions to Confused guy

Why don't you just get better at Dota?
Are you considering yourself as a good player? Just filling some knowledge gaps here for future references

If you invest 1-hour training last hitting creeps and watch some videos about the strategy
Can you, please, enlighten me, what is interest in playing dead game for THAT serious way? Since we all got cool DotA experience and this game is not going anywhere forward - why don't you just play for fun? Isn`t DotA 2 for serious games? Tho, personally, i'd play DotA 2 games for fun too

Instead, you choose to suck and play "for fun"
As about your weird differentiation between 'good players' and 'fun players', - i believe i am able to beat any known player in DotA1. Maybe some of them will require some short preparation by my side, but i am able to do this stuff.
Yet i am playing for fun with my deery friends, because it brings way more positive emotions than your obeying to fake rules and fake win conditions.

p.s.:
nikolagay is not very bad player, so, for me, here he's obviously trolling about losing any serious game to Deynro, which is inferior compared to every else known player here
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 13:34 by AntlermanXXL »
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 15:19 »
On Lagabuse in particular, losing with Deynro in your team is quite a rarity, even I do not look forward to laning aginst him but I still do it for the sake of fun.

Why don't you just get better at Dota? If you invest 1-hour training last hitting creeps and watch some videos about the strategy instead of playing 1 game, you might be as good as any other "good" player. Instead, you choose to suck and play "for fun".

Fair point I guess.

I play for fun mostly because Dota 1 lost almost all relevancy. I also play for fun because my gaming equipment sucks, my PC is fairly old and I'm waiting to gather enough money to build one from scratch (that's something I wanted to do for a while). There's also the job thing, so time is kind of an issue as well, and there's also the fact that, other than being called "the best" by a bunch of people I've never met on a decade year old community, there are no any gains or overal interests for me in order to invest my time and effort into it.

I'd say I left my mark on 1v1 tournaments during my "glory days", and to be fair, it wasn't really that hard to do so considering that Dota 1 was dying even back then and only so many good players were a challenge. The real interesting part of this is, you're here preaching me about skill, yet this is the first time I've heard of you / seen your nickname.

Since you want to turn this into a cocky competition, here goes: I've beaten Deynro in 1v1 tournaments before, I've beaten Fatality as well, I can also add over 90% of players who were on top 10 since 2015 to that list, during my best days I've won 5 SF 1v1 tournaments in a row, won 90% of all arranged 1v1 tournaments I attended, and won every single 1v1 christmas tour that same year.

In short, get on my level before you start preaching about skill, bitch.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 15:28 by nikolagay »

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 16:02 »
If possible ,suggest ideas how to improve the system. Discussing personal views is endless and not productive.

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 16:09 »
good for you mate, but you just went to my bad players list, and there are no way out. I don't even need to know how or what you play.

Okay, shit just hit the fan, you guys are completely out of control!

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 16:14 »
@Confused-o_O- Boo. Hoo. You're irrelevant. Deal with it.

As for ideas, I already proposed some of mine in previous discussions with nolifer. As for now it may be too early to consider any major changes considering new version implementation and season start, but perhals it would be a good idea to propose a few innovations and create a forum poll. Then again, a good question is how many players actually bother visiting the site.

I also apologize to the topic creator for spamming non-topic related things, I could've at least marked it with "Offtopic - TL:DR", my bad. I gave my opinion regarding the topic itself and I got nothing esle to add.

Offline bewater

• V.I.P
  • Advanced Member
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 17:38 »
Hi again,

Well, you said a lot about high PSR feeders before.

Just check this game.

http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6245718

-Deadly- He is Number 1 in ladder - had higest PSR so far. He stayed on mid until he reach lvl 12. By the time, other team was ganking us 10s of  times:)

At the end game finished 3-31, with no help from mid. When he decide that he farmed enough, game was over.

This must be a new record for "balanced" game.

I tnik we need to talk about the reasons. It can be a high psr going mid and being useless in game. It can be the perfect balance system causing 3-31 kills game. It can be...?

We can check the history of each player here. I am sure that we played many games and nobody is noob.

If a "balanced" game finishes 3-31, we need to talk about the reasons.

I offered to ban high psr, mid players who goes useless and makes team lose, but it was ignored.

So, what is gonna be? Is it normal to have 3-31 game in this balance system?

Make a low psr council with territory23.They will decide will a higher psr player(esp if he went mid) attain a ban.
Be water my friend

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2020, 17:59 »
Make a low psr council with territory23.They will decide will a higher psr player(esp if he went mid) attain a ban.

I second this.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 18:26 »
It still blows my mind that some people think that the mid laner is supposed to gank in early game.
If you have the slightest map awareness and see that the enemy mid laner is stupid enough to go gank on the side lanes then you just stay behind your tower and let him waste his time while your mid laner is out leveling him, outfarming him and taking his mid tower.
People like territory23 will just start pinging the mid laner for not ganking and then they will give up and blame his team for having 1400 psr
There should always be someone in either of the 3 lanes early game because the creep gold and exp is just too important at that time. The carry, mid player and offlane should pretty much always stay on their lane till like min 10, only sups should gank in some cases when their core hero is doing fine on their lane

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2020, 12:03 »
If possible ,suggest ideas how to improve the system. Discussing personal views is endless and not productive.
change in ranking system or matchmaking system is pointless. Even if you take an so called 1700/1800+ games there are players who think different or have different knowledge. Its a cliche but psr wont show skills or the strategy you have.

My suggestion to players who want serious games would be to revive ss or ihrl whatever you call, a league which they can play. Still, people should get serious on vouching process.

Yet, there will be players who will think that he is superior to others and blame them. or to vouch, pick based on his "inner" emotions/feelings/prejudices. So, just keep what you are doing right now guys. If you want to change something change your definition on 'fun' , 'good' or any necessary word.

Besides, I dont think there would be any difference if the case would be for any other map ( Custom Games or PG) so there is no escape till you change yourself no the system.
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline AGENT

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • DODJI UKLJUCI !!!
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 20 Daily Tours [EPIC] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Challenge Accepted [RARE] Deer Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2020, 13:04 »
Spoiler for Offtopic comment:
Just a tryharder who tries hard to speak about tryharding.

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 13:06 »
Agree.

I`d also say that this (ranking system) is not a problem that needs to be solved at first place.

I understand people do not like things here and there, but the fact is we do not have a plan, or at least systematized problems tree (read as 'list')

We keep discussing random things we do not like out of the sudden. Often we repeat each other by starting similar threads every year

I mean, ranking system is weird (came here from Chess, seriously, lol), yeah, but its pretty playable and we can live with it
For me, this is not really important problem

First of all let`s, please, determine real critical problems that we are facing, then propose solutions and desired result

You guys here want to make PSR system better, but i did not find anyone posted desired result (except maybe Jimmy's long quotes, i still did not find time to read, i am kind of busy; maybe there is something)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Maybe i am just reading while not focused, i missed something, i am working atm

Ok, its time to finish this post, because i have zero free time to continue right now

One of most important problems is decreasing players amounts
This is cause for some problems, and at same time it is effect for another problems

This problem has two obvious ways:
1) Existing players are quitting this server in favor of another servers/games
2) New players are not coming in bulks

Let me guess, what stops new players from joining here? Dumb server? No. Most people who managed to register here recently - loved this place.
What then? Complicated registration! Its only one most important thing that helps in final decision - come here or to RGC/Iccup/D-V/FBG/etc...

So, basically, we have player_loss > players_income just because of complicated registration and irritating activation.
Even if its hardcoded, mister @cen, why not make "3rd party" scripts that abstracts players from this complicated logic layer? Like just make another abstraction layer that hides all of this, does it automatically and lets player come here as fast as possible after he entered nickname/email/captcha

With more players you guys can juggle with stronger bans / better PSR systems and such. But not with current player amounts

I'll write something later, i am really busy, sorry if this text is not readable
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 13:20 by AntlermanXXL »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2020, 13:56 »
[deleted message]

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2020, 14:02 »
Agree.

I`d also say that this (ranking system) is not a problem that needs to be solved at first place.

I understand people do not like things here and there, but the fact is we do not have a plan, or at least systematized problems tree (read as 'list')

We keep discussing random things we do not like out of the sudden. Often we repeat each other by starting similar threads every year

I mean, ranking system is weird (came here from Chess, seriously, lol), yeah, but its pretty playable and we can live with it
For me, this is not really important problem

First of all let`s, please, determine real critical problems that we are facing, then propose solutions and desired result

You guys here want to make PSR system better, but i did not find anyone posted desired result (except maybe Jimmy's long quotes, i still did not find time to read, i am kind of busy; maybe there is something)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Maybe i am just reading while not focused, i missed something, i am working atm

Ok, its time to finish this post, because i have zero free time to continue right now

One of most important problems is decreasing players amounts
This is cause for some problems, and at same time it is effect for another problems

This problem has two obvious ways:
1) Existing players are quitting this server in favor of another servers/games
2) New players are not coming in bulks

Let me guess, what stops new players from joining here? Dumb server? No. Most people who managed to register here recently - loved this place.
What then? Complicated registration! Its only one most important thing that helps in final decision - come here or to RGC/Iccup/D-V/FBG/etc...

So, basically, we have player_loss > players_income just because of complicated registration and irritating activation.
Even if its hardcoded, mister @cen, why not make "3rd party" scripts that abstracts players from this complicated logic layer? Like just make another abstraction layer that hides all of this, does it automatically and lets player come here as fast as possible after he entered nickname/email/captcha

With more players you guys can juggle with stronger bans / better PSR systems and such. But not with current player amounts

I'll write something later, i am really busy, sorry if this text is not readable
Its readable, i also noted that same issue a while ago.
I made a longhy post regarding it , basicly had the same essence as your post.
I can not post it since people included in discussing are active and its a sensitive matter.
Tho i am gratefull that you pointed this out, and the way you did it.
Will continue this discussion ..

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2020, 15:04 »
Agree with complicated part. 10 years ago I couldnt play here just because I didnt understand activation thing. Having 2 sites is weird aswell. I know why there are 2 sites since I Play here for 10 years but the guys I called from rgc cant understand why there are 2 websites are they playing on eurobattle or lagabuse? Even after I explained they didnt understand.
cen update the map please

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2020, 15:39 »
Agree with complicated part. 10 years ago I couldnt play here just because I didnt understand activation thing. Having 2 sites is weird aswell. I know why there are 2 sites since I Play here for 10 years but the guys I called from rgc cant understand why there are 2 websites are they playing on eurobattle or lagabuse? Even after I explained they didnt understand.
@cen