Should this feature be removed?

Agree.
4 (44.4%)
No.
0 (0%)
Special option for deers to vote.
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Account activation mechanics removal  (Read 1630 times)

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: deer-door
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Account activation mechanics removal
« on: December 13, 2019, 23:42 »
Welcome to 2020

New year, fresh view !

I believe this is time to finally get rid of account activation feature along with its requirement!

Why?
  • It is irritating for existing players
  • It is absolutely unclear and annoying for new players
  • It looks like obsolete feature at all. If you want to keep track of inactive players - you can check last online time / games frequency
  • User inferface that allows you to activate account is not really convenient
  • All species of deer have antlers, with the exception of the Chinese water deer. Instead of antlers, they have long canine teeth which can be as long as 8cm!
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Account activation mechanics removal
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 15:24 »
I think he made it since its easyer to automaticly delete accounts after some period of time , rather than checking manually.
This would be perfect with the condition that one player is connected to one account, but since majority has tons [mostly ruiners and flamers ] of accounts , he had to ajust to that [majority].
Yes , antlers, big ones , very manly , agreed on that 100%
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 15:27 by Jimmy »

Offline AGENT

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • DODJI UKLJUCI !!!
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 20 Daily Tours [EPIC] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Challenge Accepted [RARE] Deer Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 15:26 »
Someone make this section to pop up on the front page.
:Deers:

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 15:40 »
Meh ,then complains would too.
:deered:

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 16:19 »
then whats the idea of having this section (complains) at all? just let it be invisible so no one can see? Agree
:moose:
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 07:32 »
then whats the idea of having this section (complains) at all? just let it be invisible so no one can see? Agree
:moose:
Point is written in description Salih :)
It wont be invisible , and everyone can see it , Agree.

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 11:02 »
The diet of the Water Deer consists of grass, twigs, berries, and anything that constitutes those types of vegetation in those areas.

They seem very content to feed slowly and they get lots of water from what they consume. Even so, they do still need to drink plenty of clean water.
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 17:28 »
This is still an Official section , i value the Deer community probably more than anyone.
But please, dont push it in the spam region.

If thread-related , post ontopic content , and add Deer related informations below it.

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 23:43 »
It is hard baked into the server code so I won't bother removing it. What I could do is gift everyone a long activation extension so they don't have to activate for 6 months.

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 02:41 »
It is hard baked into the server code so I won't bother removing it. What I could do is gift everyone a long activation extension so they don't have to activate for 6 months.

This is great for players, thank you 👌

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Forum staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Highest number of credits won with a betting ticket [UNIQUE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2019, 04:57 »
I agree with you guys. But when I think better if we looked at it from another point of view, then I disagree. Put yourself in the position of organizer of all of this and whats better for him. It doesnt take a lot of time and maybe it means a lot to someone thats little time. Or maybe Im wrong..

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: deer-door
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2019, 09:06 »
I agree with you guys. But when I think better if we looked at it from another point of view, then I disagree. Put yourself in the position of organizer of all of this and whats better for him. It doesnt take a lot of time and maybe it means a lot to someone thats little time. Or maybe Im wrong..

I am leading few (ok, 2 :-D) development teams IRL; If i would not put myself at organizer's place, i'd never start this thread :deer:

----

@cen 6 months activation seems deery, it could work! Thanks forward!
Spoiler for Hiden:
Why not until 2038 year tho
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2019, 15:21 »
I think the system has some kind of bug because i noticed lately that i had to activate 2 times in about 2 months. Shouldn't activation be required every 6 months?

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Forum staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Highest number of credits won with a betting ticket [UNIQUE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2019, 16:12 »
Activation is now on month. At six months it would give some great benefits, if im not mistaken. So I agree

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 13:48 »
All accounts activated till 2025