Author Topic: New PSR formula is live from today (30.9.2019)  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New PSR formula is live from today (30.9.2019)
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2019, 23:43 »
Why don't you simply put +5/-5 for every win/lose, regardless of the PSR you have at that moment?

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 00:17 »
Why don't you simply put +5/-5 for every win/lose, regardless of the PSR you have at that moment?
To prevent stacking.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 17:03 »
:/: :/:
1. It decreases the range (variety) of psr. Top players will earn psr slower and bottom players will earn psr faster. Less players 1700+ and 1500-, most 1550-1650

2. Very unfair for top players. It was already hard to earn psr after a point, now its drastically more difficult. As a result most top players will reach a pooint where they wont get psr and there will be no progress. Super boring if you are stack in 1750 for 2 months always +2/-5 cause u need to have at least 72% win ratio in order to earn psr.

3. If you want to play early in the morning (me) when all players 1400-1500  it is +1/-4, +1/-5,  so u need over 75% win ratio. As a result you end up loosing psr. The only solution is to change account if you want to play in the morning which is very annoying. The system already forced me to en up loosing psr when very low games but now its drastically harder.

Very nice analysis

1. I think that decreasing the dispersion will lead to more balanced games, so that it will be closer to 50% - 50% while respecting players skills

2. It seems only fair that when high psr player plays with weaker ones, he can potentially lose more psr since he is expected to win the game. Thats pretty much the same way in all ranked games. But i agree that the lose is too high and should be lowered.

3. Due to the lack of players this situation can't be avoided. Even in overwatch when i queue at non prime times im forced to play with players with lower ranking and lose more sr than usual

For me personally the system is good because my psr in dota is close to the median of 1600, so when i play with better players (like when we played last time) i lose less and when i play fair games its always around +7/-7 for me.

Would be useful to hear more constructive opinions of high psr players, lets all help cen make this a better place

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] LA staff - Moderator IHRL Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2019, 23:06 »
21 out of the 30 players with top psr have below 66% win ration. So even if its +1/-2  (in a 50-50 balanced game) it means that the are going to gradually loose psr. So they either change account when the other players are not 1600+ or they loose psr 100% in the long run.

In the previous system there was a lot of progress and a relatively good point where most players would hit their limits. By that I mean that eventually you reach a point where u have so high psr so that the rest of your team is super low and your skill is not enough to cover their fails./

Imo if the new system is applied in the new season that limit point will be reached faster and it will ruin some of the fun.

Offline AGENT

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • DODJI UKLJUCI !!!
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 20 Daily Tours [EPIC] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Challenge Accepted [RARE] Deer Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2019, 23:18 »
Imo if the new system is applied in the new season that limit point will be reached faster and it will ruin some of the fun.
But, if you don't care about psr, you can have fun anyway. Get it?

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 00:21 »
How about adding a piece of code to the bot that prevents starting imbalanced games with the deviation of 5% +- from 50%/50% and keep the -5/+5 win/lose PSR gain/deduction at all times? Stacking - prevented.

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 08:55 »
But, if you don't care about psr, you can have fun anyway. Get it?
i get it. hahahaha
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 10:31 »
How about adding a piece of code to the bot that prevents starting imbalanced games with the deviation of 5% +- from 50%/50% and keep the -5/+5 win/lose PSR gain/deduction at all times? Stacking - prevented.

I actually like the 5% deviation, basically 45% vs 55% or the other way around would be the limit.
About the psr lose/gain, dota 2 used to have +25/-25 points gain no matter with who you matched up against, but recently they also changed to a similar formula as lagabuse, except the top players gain/loss psr isn't +1/-3 but something like +15/-20

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2019, 14:16 »
5% is probably too tight but it's a good idea.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2019, 15:41 »
Static gain/lose isn't good idea because the dispersion would hit the skies with bad players hitting 0 and good players getting 3000+

Balance restriction is disputable because of stackers who want to play in 5 but wouldn't be able to start game with 80% 20%, for example. Maybe it could be possible to set the restriction based on how many players are locked

High psr players would have lower psr than now but that only means that psr itself would be more valuable since its harder to get. Having a few people with 1900 psr while the 90% have 1550 isn't good, they always get bad players in team and have to smurf. If they had psr closer to the rest, the games quality would be higher at the cost of them risking losing more psr

As for the progress, i suggested an idea about adding experience/level stat, so you would get experience points for each game, depending on how good you played and if it was win or lose. Means that you would have motivation to try even in lost games and still be rewarded. New value in sd and maybe even a cool progress bar in stats page could be added. Maybe some other rewards like achievements or icons could be given when reaching milestones
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 15:51 by luke »

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] LA staff - Moderator IHRL Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 03:21 »
Sentinel avg. PSR: 1574(32% to win), Scourge avg. PSR: 1621(68% to win)
I am in sentinel and its +1/-2. I dont know how could this be a case in a normal system. If the game aint 1650+vs1650+ the psr +/- is very very bad.

Offline grga_man

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: Star_scream
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2019, 12:31 »
Guys can you just chill about this system, cen tried to make it better,  just enjoy playing dota and fuck psr, jeez

Offline AntlermanXXL

• Deer
  • Contributor
  • Server Account: deer-door
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Advisor Deer Member Contributor [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2019, 12:38 »
Guys can you just chill about this system, cen tried to make it better,  just enjoy playing dota and fuck psr, jeez

I believe its requested feedback; No one blames mister Cen;

Though, for me, its fun and enjoyable to see how people care about their PSR, 'top' players and such stuff
https://www.twitch.tv/EvergreenDeer
http://www.youtube.com/user/AloneMonaX

Spoiler for Hiden:
10, 3rd places are mine, wew!

40:14 don_Kondo [Allies] olen olen
40:15 don_Kondo [Allies] olenishka
40:18 Hiatus [Allies] AHAH
40:21 don_Kondo [Allies] ya net olen
40:22 Hiatus [Allies] OLENISHKA
40:23 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAH
40:25 don_Kondo [Allies] ya mala myshka
40:28 Hiatus [Allies] AHAHAHAH

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2019, 15:06 »
Sentinel avg. PSR: 1574(32% to win), Scourge avg. PSR: 1621(68% to win)
I am in sentinel and its +1/-2. I dont know how could this be a case in a normal system. If the game aint 1650+vs1650+ the psr +/- is very very bad.

I see the point. I suspect there is a mistake in the formula which needs to be fixed.

Offline 3zz3

• I never lose, either I win, or LEARN.
  • Server Account: The_Miracle
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2019, 16:07 »
To prevent stacking.
y stacking noobs that have 1700 psr for playing whit good playres theying to act good and when they solo they just ruin the games