Author Topic: Hosting system  (Read 7879 times)

Offline Meth0d

• GFX Pro Member
  • Awards GFX Tournament Second Place [UNIQUE] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hosting system
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 15:32 »
First of all
Hi to everyone from  VIP member and w3-safelist lvl 5.
Level of cringe is unreal, no point of reading after 1st sentence.
Also he just copy rgc system and coming here to be smart about it.
And y btw i told already on stats reset topic the best solution but lexmonster and etc admins who are not even active in past years dont even read suggestions. Get over it server is dead.

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 19:08 »
I dont know why ppl geting trigered by no_lifer_xd aka vladan with his attitude... well thats his style,he s doing some "arrogance thing" and you have to take that as joke,in facts he s hall of fame player anyway and lvl 1 000 boss!

Offline Meth0d

• GFX Pro Member
  • Awards GFX Tournament Second Place [UNIQUE] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 19:34 »
Thats not arrogance, that is ''wannabe style''  :peace:

Offline No_LiFeR_xD

• http://prntscr.com/nhg4l6
  • Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: No_LiFeR_xD
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards VIP Member [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 20:13 »
Take my arrogance as joke. 
If you want to be "arrogance boy " you have to work hard  for legend stats .
Put your skill on legendary level  then you will get premission to talk like me. 
 :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:   8) 8)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 20:15 by No_LiFeR_xD »
If you give God the glory, He will give you the victory.
If you give me Invoker I will bring you victory.

http://prntscr.com/nhg4l6

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 20:55 »
Hello Method, my old fan.
First of all, thank you for mentioning me, regardless of the context, afterall, there is no bad publicity.

On topic, as someone already mentioned, most of d1 players abandoned it (moved to d2, grew up?, etc) so by completely changing the ranking system in 2019, after 8-9 successfull years, in community with very limited amount of players, it would most likely result in quicker server death. There are some chances that it might succeed, but what are the odds, and at what cost?

DLG's system sounds good to be honest, but they probably have it from the begining. Back to LA, now imagine low skill players who would need to understand how new system works, and how to start a game? There would be riot, I can guarantee (or they would just abandon server). Dont forget that with each new patch we lose certain amount of players because they are incapable of updating gproxy..
Some of them dont even understand hero roles yet, I mean I see 4-5 carry games quite frequently..

Regardless of their skill, they are players just like you. We need to maintain balance between valuable players and players that are sometimes needed just to fill up few last slots in lobby..

Dont get me wrong, I am just trying to keep the server alive for as long as I can.

What can be done, and was suggesed in the past (I believe), is disabling new accounts from hosting. Only accounts with X number of games can host (including previous seasons). This would definitely add some value to the old accounts.
I will check what happened with this suggestion, and update you.
Let me know what you think about this solution.

Best regards

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 22:03 »
Idea about !sign (auto matching players of similar skill, creating game with fixed slots when match is full) was floated internally in the beginning of the year and has a lot of support. This would solve a lot of problems you outlined in your post. We could also preserve manual game creation at the same time but give those games lesser psr gains to discourage them. Nobody is currently available to work on this.

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 22:08 »
i disagree with Vladan Vojnovic  :shit:

Offline FatAndViolent

• Shadow Alliance
  • Advanced Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Huskar 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 22:27 »
I think disabling creating game for new players is good idea. Could be even enchanced for example,

lvl 0 players can only join (by typing sign or in game list)

lvl 1 players can host

lvl 2 players can reset stats by typing bot !resetstats for example maybe with cooldown if it can be done

Then account would have a lot of value and no need to leave games to reset stats
      Fat Santa whipping his deers

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 23:43 »
I'll just tag @LexMonster so I don't have to quote the entire response.

I couldn't agree more with you here, and frankly speaking, despite hating most things about the current community I'm still surprised you managed to keep this place alive for so long.

DLG system was definitely the best for me but times were far different back then, Dota 1 was literally at it's peak so all communities needed to have a fairly high standard. Furthermore, despite being fairly detailed with strict rules and policies, and probably having the highest skill cap out of all communities back then, it was still among the very first Dota 1 communities that was shut down because the entire system and it's features took too much time, effort and money to be maintained.

I posted some details about it because it felt suitable for this topic but as I already said, I don't think the community can afford any drastic changes at this point, due to already mentioned reasons.

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2019, 00:18 »
Vladan has a rich auntie he should ask her to support this server ;D @No_LiFeR_xD

Offline No_LiFeR_xD

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards VIP Member [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2019, 01:02 »

What can be done, and was suggesed in the past (I believe), is disabling new accounts from hosting. Only accounts with X number of games can host (including previous seasons). This would definitely add some value to the old accounts.
I will check what happened with this suggestion, and update you.
Let me know what you think about this solution.

Hmm good  :y: 

But also try fix smth with commands like  !kick option or  !swap option . 
For example !kick  option can use only owner who has some award or its rewarded member .  I see on LA pub games VIP members and vouchers in ss doesent have any privileges ...
Palyers with top Ladder must be treated on other way .

Do something about it . What i have from my VIP nember in past 4 years when i dont get any convenience instead little convenience which i use  only  on LA forum.
(I am now #1 ladder and i will reset my account coz' i dont see point of palying for psrand get 1800-1900 for no reason.
I DONT HAVE ANY PRIVILEGES ON LA PUBLIC ... Better i reset stats and play with 1550  psr players its more interest and more balanced)

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2019, 13:36 »
Hmm good  :y: 

But also try fix smth with commands like  !kick option or  !swap option . 
For example !kick  option can use only owner who has some award or its rewarded member .  I see on LA pub games VIP members and vouchers in ss doesent have any privileges ...
Palyers with top Ladder must be treated on other way .

Do something about it . What i have from my VIP nember in past 4 years when i dont get any convenience instead little convenience which i use  only  on LA forum.
(I am now #1 ladder and i will reset my account coz' i dont see point of palying for psrand get 1800-1900 for no reason.
I DONT HAVE ANY PRIVILEGES ON LA PUBLIC ... Better i reset stats and play with 1550  psr players its more interest and more balanced)

PSR isn't really that relevant anymore, not for me at least. Remember the season when I took a 1350PSR account (joca31) and got 500+ PSR on tours alone and ended as #4 on the server cause I was too lazy to play ladder games? Good times indeed, but still shows how irrelevant PSR can actually be sometimes.

Like I said, just play 4 fun, and play to rape Jeandarc whenever you see him.

Offline FatAndViolent

• Shadow Alliance
  • Advanced Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Huskar 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2019, 16:58 »
i think psr for tours isnt problem if they are dota. Because you still get it for your dota skills but for custom games should be a different ladder because why get psr when you win on jungle race
      Fat Santa whipping his deers

Offline No_LiFeR_xD

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2019, 16:59 »

Maybe solution could be to set limits where players under 50 or 100 games are limited and kickable by majority, but there would be abuses again.

Don't see why SS members should be granted special treatment since SS is league on its own.

100 games is low limit .. 1000 + games is fine.
(I got 5000 games ofc i reseting stats almost every month so my stats doesent show my real number of games)

About ss members.  Ofc they need some privileges . WE are more skillfull than other players and typical pub players. AND btw SS players are nothing else but old public palyers or currently pub players. So that must be awarded somehow on LA pub. We also playing lagabuse dota ligue more then everyone else.

Offline begin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2019, 17:13 »
I wish you started learning how to play dota instead of posting on forum, vlado