Author Topic: Try another ranking system  (Read 3995 times)

Offline BaKiBaKiBaKi

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Try another ranking system
« on: December 09, 2018, 18:57 »
Hey there, sorry for disturbing you but i have something to say.
Our ranking system needs an update....i mean there are 1600/1650 psr players that are clueless noobs, they get 1650 psr with bad scores and when game is balanced by the host you can get ''high psr noobs'' with you and GG, all i want to say is that balancing the games here on this server sucks.
Can you try another way of ranking the players....maybe by their stats and wins only?

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Try another ranking system
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 19:14 »
I agree stats are misleading in 90% cases but there are some hints to tell if a player is decent, check his deny creeps, if he has 8+ per game it means he is a professional. Another hint is when one has'ibalgin' letters in his nickname, that means it's a wannabe professional.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 19:26 by begin »

Offline BaKiBaKiBaKi

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 20:18 »
i've played a lot of games where the players have more than 1650 psr, host balance the game and on your team you have high psr players that are actually very bad (many of them are arrogant retards and have no sense of the game) and on sentinel there are high psr players that are actually very good (you can check by the stats) and its 50/50, but is it 50/50 its up to you to decide, anyway i end up losing the game as i expected.
PS: when you play a game with low psr players, then host balance the game and in your team you have 1450 psr players with 3-4 kills per game and the pick carry and fuck up, but on the other team there are 1450 psr players that have 6kills 6deaths, who do you think will win?
Ok i wont comment anymore, just take my opinion seriously, thx and bye.

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 20:25 »
The best you can do is check each player's stats in lobby and decide if you wanna play like that. Hosting your own game does the job.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 21:20 »
@BaKiBaKiBaKi
Do u have any suggestions or ideas on how would you rank the players, if it makes sense , we can discuss it without problems.

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Forum staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Highest number of credits won with a betting ticket [UNIQUE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 22:01 »
Is not this just a game? How do you expect someone to learn the game if you are constantly kick him from game. Because of the players who play for PSR and not from FUN this game will die soon because there are no new users. Only because of the arrogant and confident players. Dont forget that this is a game where several factors depend. You need a perfect computer and with this perfect internet, keyboard, mouse, that nobody bothered you from the typed, etc. Not all of them have that, dont forget. We dont live in the perfect world. Learn to play for fun, and for others dont worry about those who are in charge of it.
Keep DotA alive, so much of me  :)

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 23:01 »
I agree it became a problem lately, we need to do something with it finally. If you have suggestion, post. Otherwise i got some idea, will make calculations and create topic for admins when i have time

Offline BaKiBaKiBaKi

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 06:45 »
Extra psr if you have 15+ denied creeps.
Minus psr if you have less than 5 denied creeps.
Extra psr if you have 22+ assists.
Minus psr if you have 12+ deaths.
Extra psr if you have less than 6 deaths.
Minus psr if you have less than 5 kills.
No extra psr to those who have a lot of kill cause people will only play for kills.
Extra psr if you have bought 8+ wards.
I know that all of this is not that much related to my comments above but this can change the game, with all these extra psr people could actually do some small things in the game that can lead to a victory and players will be ranged by the stats they make.
Just my opinion, dont judge me :)))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:48 by BaKiBaKiBaKi »

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 07:46 »
I think that's to hard to implement and open to bugs. A better way would be to modify the !balance formula in order to include stats (currently its variables are only the players' psr). It was discussed before. I proposed something. The topic should be somewhere here, in general board.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 07:54 »
I think that's to hard to implement and open to bugs. A better way would be to modify the !balance formula in order to include stats (currently its variables are only the players' psr). It was discussed before. I proposed something. The topic should be somewhere here, in general board.
Balancing the game considering Kills,Deaths,Assists , and creeps. Thats good , real good.
Extra psr if you have 15+ denied creeps.
Minus psr if you have less than 5 denied creeps.
Extra psr if you have 22+ assists.
Minus psr if you have 12+ deaths.
Extra psr if you have less than 6 deaths.
Minus psr if you have less than 5 kills.
No extra psr to those who have a lot of kill cause people will only play for kills.
Extra psr if you have bought 8+ wards.
I know that all of this is not that much related to my comments above but this can change the game, with all these extra psr people could actually do some small things in the game that can lead to a victory and players will be ranged by the stats they make.
Just my opinion, dont judge me :)))
There are different Roles. What u suggested is plausable for Supports. But not even fully for them, since in "good" games, if you can save your carry [you're playing any other role] you should. That means dying instead of him.
Also expected Carry to Ward. Etc Etc. You get what i want to say.

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 12:52 »
Think anything, without auto host system it wont be reliable
cen update the map please

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 16:33 »
And you want autohost system?

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 16:48 »
And you want autohost system?
I only want updated map I dont cate about the rest just saying Solo Q is necessary if you want a balanced ladder
cen update the map please

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 16:49 »
Don't know how to make a  balanced ladder, but i think i know how to make a balanced game

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 16:53 »
Don't know how to make a  balanced ladder, but i think i know how to make a balanced game