Author Topic: Football Betting game/Season 1/1  (Read 9554 times)

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Football Betting game/Season 1/1
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2018, 17:41 »
Friday Matches:

20:45       Angers   -   Nice X [5CR]
20:30       Wolfsburg   -   Augsburg 1 [5CR]
21:00       Girona   -   Betis  2 [5CR]
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline -Aleksandar-

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Server Account: -Aleksandar-
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2018, 18:07 »
20:45       Angers   -   Nice 1 [10CR]
20:30       Wolfsburg   -   Augsburg 2 [10CR]
21:00       Girona   -   Betis  2 [10CR]

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2018, 23:09 »
Note added in rules:

In order to make the scoreboard - you need to place at least 5 bets during the season (1 month)

I came to realize I was not here for 3 days - and suddenly I am top of the ladder :D

It seems there is more likely we all go down with the number of credits than up, depedning on how many bets we placed. If I make 5 bets and get lucky with some of them then I can stop there and most likely will win the season if the others keep placing bets. Better include the number of bets made as a variable into a "PSR" formula, to make it more fair.

Example: note in the scoreboard the number of bets next to the number of credits and mutiple them to get a number of pts to be used for ranking. Something like that. It will be more fair, imo.

I agree, might work something out soon.

Might open a suggestion thread later as well, if people want to play/improve this game further.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Renovatio's suggestion would make this game even more unrealistic ...
It's already fantasy-like enough with double your stake no matter how likely the result you bet on, to include some "extra points" for simply playing more is highly idiotic.

It's irrelevant how much you struggle, what matters is where you stand.

You don't get fucking points in real life for just betting, you get them for winning.

Why add some invisible retarded points based on simply playing ? How would that be fair ? It will just give some advantage to those who saw this thread earlier than the others lmfao. You already have an advantage because you had more opportunities to win, you want to add some more advantages ?

That's simply pathetic Renovatio.
20:45       Angers   -   Nice     X     5 credits
20:30       Wolfsburg   -   Augsburg     X     5 credits
21:00       Girona   -   Betis     2     10 credits

Spoiler for Hiden:
Nicely done, why only 5 credits on the first two though ? PUSSY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
20:45       Angers   -   Nice     X     10 credits
20:30       Wolfsburg   -   Augsburg     X     10 credits
21:00       Girona   -   Betis     x     10 credits
Spoiler for Hiden:
Copycat :D I guess you can't really go wrong following in my footsteps though, you cheeky little fucker :D
Friday Matches:

20:45       Angers   -   Nice X [5CR]
20:30       Wolfsburg   -   Augsburg 1 [5CR]
21:00       Girona   -   Betis  2 [5CR]

Spoiler for Hiden:
Decent, but why so low stake ? Scared ? :D
20:45       Angers   -   Nice 1 [10CR]
20:30       Wolfsburg   -   Augsburg 2 [10CR]
21:00       Girona   -   Betis  2 [10CR]
Spoiler for Hiden:
Nice try, kudos for the stake amounts
So i start with 100, and i won 20 and lost 10 (in real life i won more though cuz it was higher stake than just double lolz), so i'm at 110 now right ? and i need to make 2 more bets to be counted in scoreboard if i remember correctly, i read it earlrier today and i didnt now so mby i mwrong but i dontt hink so mym meomory is pretty good i bleloeve
also kinda drunk now so not in mood to check
seeya tomorrowkids

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2018, 23:20 »
Another topic opened for suggestions and improvements: http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=183675.0

We will all discuss and agree on best improvements for next month.

Scoreboard will be updated shortly.

@CoMMoN1337 I agree with your post, the system isn't perfect. I created this game without knowing how many people would like it/join it, so this first month is kinda survey/test month.

There is definitely room for improvement, and we will try improving it for next month.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2018, 23:25 »
Angers   1 - 1    Nice
Wolfsburg  0 - 0   Augsburg
Girona   0 - 1      Betis

Succubus -10
Renovatio +5
Common +10
Agent +10
Silver +20 (well done on guessing all 3)
Aleksandar -10

Cyb removed from the list since he is banned and Commy added.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 23:29 by Akuma »
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2018, 23:39 »
Matches for Saturday:

13:30       Southampton   -   Chelsea
16:00       Swansea   -   Everton
18:30       Liverpool   -   Bournemouth         
20:45       Tottenham   -   Manchester City   

17:00       Lyon   -   Amiens
20:00       Nantes   -   Dijon

18:00       Chievo   -   Torino
20:45       Atalanta   -   Inter

15:30       B. Leverkusen   -   E. Frankfurt
18:30       Bayern   -   B. Monchengladbach

13:00       Sevilla   -   Villarreal         
16:15       Barcelona   -   Valencia   
20:45       Ath. Bilbao   -   Dep. La Coruna

PS: You don't have to bet on all matches choose as many as you wish.

Place your bets and good luck.

Offline AGENT

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • DODJI UKLJUCI !!!
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 20 Daily Tours [EPIC] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Challenge Accepted [RARE] Deer Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2018, 23:43 »
13:30       Southampton   -   Chelsea [2 10CR]
18:30       Liverpool   -   Bournemouth [1 10CR]
17:00       Lyon   -   Amiens [1 10CR]
16:15       Barcelona   -   Valencia [1 10CR]
20:45       Ath. Bilbao   -   Dep. La Coruna [1 10CR]

Offline NatsuDragneeL123

• Retired Moderator
  • NatsuDragneeL^^
  • Awards Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2018, 00:30 »
Barcelona   -   Valencia  1 [10 credits]
Liverpool   -   Bournemouth 1 [10 credits]
B. Leverkusen   -   E. Frankfurt 1 [10 credits]
 Tottenham   -   Manchester City   2 [10 credits]

Online Mara

• GFX Moderator
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • @hip-hop.sk
  • Server Account: ^^succubus^^
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Azeroth Grand Prix Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2018, 00:33 »
13:30       Southampton   -   Chelsea        2   10cr
16:00       Swansea   -   Everton                2    10cr
18:30       Liverpool   -   Bournemouth      1    10cr   
20:45       Tottenham   -   Manchester City      2    10cr

18:00       Chievo   -   Torino             1               10cr
20:45       Atalanta   -   Inter               1              10cr

15:30       B. Leverkusen   -   E. Frankfurt                2  10cr
18:30       Bayern   -   B. Monchengladbach            1 10cr

13:00       Sevilla   -   Villarreal          1                10cr
16:15       Barcelona   -   Valencia                    1                10cr
20:45       Ath. Bilbao   -   Dep. La Coruna            x     10cr

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2018, 01:18 »
16:15       Barcelona   -   Valencia     X     10
20:45       Tottenham   -   Manchester City     2     10
18:30       Liverpool   -   Bournemouth     X     10
18:30       Bayern   -   B. Monchengladbach     X     10
13:00       Sevilla   -   Villarreal     2     10

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2018, 05:49 »
13:30       Southampton   -   Chelsea        2   10cr
18:30       Liverpool   -   Bournemouth       1   10cr
17:00       Lyon   -   Amiens      1 10cr
20:45       Atalanta   -   Inter  X  5cr
13:00       Sevilla   -   Villarreal          X 5cr

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2018, 13:48 »
@CoMMoN1337 U realise how much of an asshole you look by arguing with everyone on each subject you came across? Acting like you know everything better than everybody else on any random subject is something that only an idiot does. A smart person is flexible in thinking and is always in doubt of his thoughts, always saving the option "I may be wrong".

Akuma came with a fun idea and we all join for fun. We all got his idea but not you. You are the only one that came here to judge it like it was something that needs judging xD

It doesnt fucking matter who wins, how many "credits" we get, if the system is good or not. We are just having fun. He stated that some extra rules can be needed  to improve the fairplay level and I just offered my feedback to help him.

As you can see the game's tendency here is down, we all got less credits then we had when we started. It doesnt matter what the mathematical tendecy is, I am talking about the practical one, as seen in scoreboard. He suggested that a minimum of 5 bets should be place but if I get lucky and win some of those 5 and then stop, considering the credits tendency to go down is more likely that the others will keep losing credits while I remain in the top. It makes sense, at least for me.

This is the last time I waste time explaining myself to someone like you (did same with jean, even if he is more smarter than you). From now on I will just ignore your comments bcs, since the argument you had with div.ide, it was clear to me that you are unable to maintain a resonable and smart debate.

Your mentality and your only argument (no matter how you put it) is "If you dont think like me you are stupid". Ty for ruining the fun out of this game as well. Is like I was enjoying eating icecream and some pile of shit poped-up from nowhere to ruin it. \
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2018, 14:36 »
Tendency to go down ? What the fuck are you talking about ? You are losing credits because you are bad at the game, and you are trying to give yourself winning chances by adding random bullshit like imaginary points for playing.

No one in real life will give you money in betting just cuz you played, you get it only if you win.

What's so hard to understand ?

Stop being frustrated about the fact that I am right, and look at things objectively. You are just being butthurt about every single thing I post, you ignore facts or logic, I don't even know why I'm replying to you.

This is a nice game and I don't want to see it ruined by you with this bullshit, that's why I made that reply, not for your imaginary reasons. Only actual correct bets should determine winner, not fucking participation.

The more you play, the more chances you have to win. Stop having a loser mentality.

Or don't, I don't give a shit.

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2018, 17:45 »
Actually you're wrong commy, (at least in Serbia) many betting agencies give some awards if you are loyal betting there.

for example if you would hit a highest bet during 1 month you would get a car.
or bring 10 losing tickets - and get a free bet of some ammount.
or order 4 drinks in their cafe - get a free bet of some ammount.
Now pretty much every of those agencies, advertises big draw where winners would go to World Cup. (Your losing ticket enters this draw)
Even one online betting agency (not naming any of these for the sake of advertising) gave me 10$ for my birthday as a gift.

I mean none of these is free - but loyalty is awarded, and that was Renovatio's suggestion if I understood it correctly.

Anyway lets keep spam of this topic.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2018, 19:20 »
20:45       Tottenham   -   Manchester City   2 [10 CR]
20:45       Atalanta   -   Inter   2 [10 CR]

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 19:35 by Renovatio »