Author Topic: Warcraft Reforged  (Read 6747 times)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Warcraft Reforged
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 15:27 »
you guys are right, this blizzcon was the worst in last couple years....

25euros for this remaster is big fu to old fan/gamers of this beatiful game

also diablo on mobile is NO comment...

every year i wish for wc4 and diablo4 with long playtime like diablo2 not d3....
There are still some rumours about Diablo 4 being developed. Recruitment for some unannounced game from Diablo world, a Diablo 4 video that should have been shown at BlizzCon...

If you manage to sell over 30 million copies of a game, you will go for sequel.

But I still do not understand why did they remade StarCraft and Warcraft 3... And Diablo for mobile.

Signature by Rocka

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 17:35 »
I read somewhere that apparently they want reforged to be straight up compatible with classic WCIII, so improving on a number of the weaker aspects of the game (hello online hosting, how are you) is out of the window.

I mean, don't get me wrong, redone UI is nice, higher definiton, to some extent, is  called for, and from what I've seen overall feel of the game is familiar, but outside of graphical aspect and easier setup (why should that even be considered a selling point is beyond me) there's nothing that even tries to warrant a purchase.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 17:47 »
They just need it to make all the old 2003-2018 players buy it and also maybe attract some new ones to make money. Basically parasiting on nostalgia. I bet that they won't update anything major after the hype is gone unless ofc they will enable lootboxes which they will probably do (you can already get some "premium" stuff if you prepurchase)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 06:58 »
As far as I know, the premium stuff is WoW skin, Heartstone cards and HotS heroes. Or is there anything else?

I also don't see how would lootboxes in WCC3 work...

Signature by Rocka

Offline Jedivh

• The Lich King
  • Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Your pain shall be legendary.
  • Server Account: Jedivh
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 11:36 »
As far as I know, the premium stuff is WoW skin, Heartstone cards and HotS heroes. Or is there anything else?

I also don't see how would lootboxes in WCC3 work...
+
Bow to your master!

Offline MelencoliA

• Dudu
  • XPAM Super User
  • Wanna be Loved
  • Server Account: Lone_Druid
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Production Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 14:20 »
Hopefully Wc3 gets alive again  :student:
Part of GosuGamers crew.
Wc3 ? No problems
Portfolio
Dudu Production Studio

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 01:38 »
you guys are right, this blizzcon was the worst in last couple years....

25euros for this remaster is big fu to old fan/gamers of this beatiful game

also diablo on mobile is NO comment...

every year i wish for wc4 and diablo4 with long playtime like diablo2 not d3....

Remastering from bottom up costs money. These are not upscales, they are re-design models.

I am looking forward for this upgrade. I have already pre order it with WOW mount package. I think this is a smart move for Blizzard (for w3 at least). They remastered their oldest and most popular game back in those days and then they continued with the story in Wow. So this means they have plans for Warcraft 4 or at least, they will test the grounds with this remaster. Why ? Because w3 and w4 would be many years apart so many players would not accept that good. We are all used to this funky looking graphics of w3. So they are taking no risk at all (and they have done with Starcraft already and turned out good) with this remaster. And most important thing... they actually changed w3 a lot to see if players are ready to accept this. It is like d2 test. Turns out that dota2 for dota1 players (overall) was positive change. So time will tell.

No hostbots, but you will have a lot of lotboxes for $$ :). Too bad this company is becoming 2nd EA

This business model created a stir in the market. After all, game companies have a goal to make money. So if something it is profitable, they will do it. Skins in dota2 turned out to be good move. On the other hand EA abused that system.

Offline Dowler

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 16:22 »
I'm happy to pay 25 euros for this. I've gotten literally thousands of hours of entertainment out of Warcraft 3 and all the minigames that I played for years. Hard to argue with that value and I'm sure I'll get plenty out of Reforged as well.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 17:30 »
But you are paying activision now