Author Topic: Server improvement suggestions  (Read 13440 times)

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server improvement suggestions
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2018, 23:16 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
@i_like_dat
but you haven't calculated any players with really low number of games - 5 for example. We can't kick everyone who has a new account, nobody new will join this way.

the things that need to be included in getting "new PSR - new balance system"
1. KDA
2. number of games
3. W/L ratio
4. Game balance
5. Probably something else

btw for the sake of easy reading please use spoilers for stats or similar things..

if you want to have good and balanced games, I believe the way is to promote teamplaying. This can be done by promoting stacking and nationalism. English of many players here is very limited and even if one can understand them he can´t really talk to them because they would not understand him. so maybe if you promote national channels and people from the same nation playing in a stack so they can actually talk about the game and what they wanna do, they dont pick 5 carries etc.
sure people are gonna be frustrated at first because they will play against stacks a lot but that will force them to find their own friends,  stack or join already existing one.
Playing in a stack i believe people would understand someone needs to play support even if noone wants to play it, so someone eventually will play it and in stack you can easily rotate on positions every game.
I believe this way both games and players will improve as there are good players from every nation who can teach the worse ones in their mother´s tongue. I believe communication is one of the main issues on this server.

This is a very interesting idea, however I don't think it can work on public league. Someone will always be kicked, left out, etc and everyone is supposed to be able to play here. Also there are some countries with not-so-huge number of players (like Russia, Oman, Bulgaria, Greece and more) If we go with private league as well (after map update) we might be open for options like this one, but they will probably work on countries such as Romania, Serbia, Turkey, Macedonia - with lot of players populating this place.

i have read all of these sugestion,well I dont think so server will become better,coz they are to many ppl who will not get better,and ppl >>server...but however maybe the good option is league,new map for sure,and there s something in game mode,for -ap mode for example,ban posibility,evry player can sign 1 hero for ban,before the game start and ppl pick heroes,thats rly good,I think we need that mode.

-cm mode is ap mode with bans right? New map and new league already discussed above.

Split the share option between units and chick by adding the additional square check just for the chick. This way people will stop buying 5 chicks coz they are afraid of share abuse.

But then a random guy can take your chick to buy something stupid, while you are mid desperately needing bottle/midas or whatever.

Split the share option between units and chick by adding the additional square check just for the chick. This way people will stop buying 5 chicks coz they are afraid of share abuse.
Then they will abuse courir. How many days will be ban for „chick abuse“?  ???

1.extra stats bar—I dont get why some of you guys asking for extra stats because current ones are enough.
2. New map — This can be interesting and risky in same time ; People will need some time to get used on it and some of them can leav because of new things as new look of map,spell changes,items..
3. Autohost — this can be good also host will not be protected anymore
4. Win/Lose — with only this stats maybe you can shake people to play more for team and to wake up their awarness..some of guys here mention this and this can be helpful

1. It will give more information about player, definitely not a bad thing, also many people asked for this already.
2. Already discussed above.
3. There must be some kind of game host/owner - some friends want to play together, get locked, or kick someone bad etc, someone has to do this manually. But we will look into 'host not being protected' its definitely a good idea, and we are already discussing this one (from some previous suggestions)
4. Already told above - people will play on 98-2 balance just to get wins.

"Already told above - people will play on 98-2 balance just to get wins."

When does balance matters? If everyone play for win in that 0% team they still have chance to win,lol.

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 23:21 »
@i_like_dat
but you haven't calculated any players with really low number of games - 5 for example. We can't kick everyone who has a new account, nobody new will join this way.

the things that need to be included in getting "new PSR - new balance system"
1. KDA
2. number of games
3. W/L ratio
4. Game balance
5. Probably something else

btw for the sake of easy reading please use spoilers for stats or similar things..
fatality-                     1941   1947   303   72%   27%   13.8   6.2   12   2.2   2       4.2 
lazy_clown                 1681   1681   89   78%   21%   7.9   3.8   13.1   2.1   3.4   5.5
as u can see lazy_clown has greater kda than fataly but we all know whos better player between them so adding assist will get the things worse even that assist are impportant in game.
i dont know how we can use nr of games in balance system
3. w/l ratio isnt correct bcs draws and games left are counted
well even democracy isnt the best form of government but since we dont know a better one we must use it. with that im not saying that my suggestion is the best but is better than the one we have for sure.

if you want to have good and balanced games, I believe the way is to promote teamplaying. This can be done by promoting stacking and nationalism. English of many players here is very limited and even if one can understand them he can´t really talk to them because they would not understand him. so maybe if you promote national channels and people from the same nation playing in a stack so they can actually talk about the game and what they wanna do, they dont pick 5 carries etc.
sure people are gonna be frustrated at first because they will play against stacks a lot but that will force them to find their own friends,  stack or join already existing one.
Playing in a stack i believe people would understand someone needs to play support even if noone wants to play it, so someone eventually will play it and in stack you can easily rotate on positions every game.
I believe this way both games and players will improve as there are good players from every nation who can teach the worse ones in their mother´s tongue. I believe communication is one of the main issues on this server.
the only way to promote teamplay is to re-open the la league called IHRL.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 23:31 by i_like_dat »

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2018, 03:50 »
how do you balance these guys then using just that formula?

Spoiler for Hiden:
scarface^^    1533    1533    2    100%    0%    19.5    3.5    11    5.6    3.1    8.7
^hogrider    1555    1555    6    100%    0%    7.3    1.8    18    4.1    10.3    14.4
whoam-i    1555    1567    8    85%    14%    15    1.6    8.3    9.5    5.3            14.8 

and the answer is not kicking them, because this is a public league, and everyone is supposed to be able to play.

Having people measured only by KDA, will just force people to pick same heroes as well, its a really bad idea.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:53 by Akuma »
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2018, 05:04 »
Like i said at the second post using kda formula would fuck things up,at the first example i used only k/d and the result is that.
We all know that players are still being kicked from games,im one of them after checking !f but that doesnt mean that we shold remove it also.
As we talk ppl are picking same heros again and again u must know that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:32 by i_like_dat »

Offline Deynro

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: -deynro-
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 5 Mirana Wars Tours [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Pudge Wars Tours [LEGENDARY] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2018, 05:19 »
Like i said at the second post using kda formula would fuck things up,at the first example i used only k/d and the result is that.
We all know that players are still being kicked from games,im one of them after checking !f but that doesnt mean that we shold remove it also.

I also agree with removing the K/D/A.
Don't give up on your dreams, keep sleeping.

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 05:30 »
Im afraid i must try to explain it once again cuz seems like noone undertood my point 😊

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2018, 09:36 »
go like in dota2, performance based mmr system xd
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2018, 15:33 »
Not sure about mmr system ,or kill/dead ration,but about picking same heroes there is a simple solution as I said,dota map has 1 big problem since ice frog made it,there will always be at least few heroes over power and unbalanced,thats why before we start picking heroes we type mode something like -bpap (I think it was "-bp") and as i said early evry player can chose 1 hero to be banned after that its decide somehow and few heroes are forbiden to be picked. Verry ez and simple,that will help with balance a bit,and it is not so big deal.

Offline ExpertNoob

• Retired Moderator
  • Awards LA staff - Moderator Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2018, 15:40 »
Not sure about mmr system ,or kill/dead ration,but about picking same heroes there is a simple solution as I said,dota map has 1 big problem since ice frog made it,there will always be at least few heroes over power and unbalanced,thats why before we start picking heroes we type mode something like -bpap (I think it was "-bp") and as i said early evry player can chose 1 hero to be banned after that its decide somehow and few heroes are forbiden to be picked. Verry ez and simple,that will help with balance a bit,and it is not so big deal.
Wtf you talk about? Every hero is balanced XD

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2018, 17:43 »
In right hands evry hero is a killer,however even slark sucks in wrong hands. :D

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2018, 12:08 »
Maybe ''Custom Game Leauge'' would be cool. You might say there is already tournament section which covers it, however, we don't know when players are online for tournaments.

There could be a pool in everyweek or everymonth which asks about tournament map and tournament date. This might help to get an average people at the same time. Might be done same in leauge if it would be accepted. Leauge might have more advantages, indeed we play maps which is organised in tournaments but there are maps which cant be played in tournament or it will be hard to get track on it.

i am aware of that, we need people in order to do this. this idea would need support, if someone agrees pls post.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2018, 14:34 »
Maybe ''Custom Game Leauge'' would be cool. You might say there is already tournament section which covers it, however, we don't know when players are online for tournaments.

There could be a pool in everyweek or everymonth which asks about tournament map and tournament date. This might help to get an average people at the same time. Might be done same in leauge if it would be accepted. Leauge might have more advantages, indeed we play maps which is organised in tournaments but there are maps which cant be played in tournament or it will be hard to get track on it.

i am aware of that, we need people in order to do this. this idea would need support, if someone agrees pls post.

What exactly do you mean by pool? Also would be interesting to hear your view on how such league would work.

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2018, 16:08 »

What exactly do you mean by pool? Also would be interesting to hear your view on how such league would work.
sorry, not pool but poll, survey. ill write about league

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2018, 16:25 »

sorry, not pool but poll, survey. ill write about league
come dota salih ?

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2018, 17:25 »
Well, i don't think a poll with date will work, but it could be done to select the map. @AGENT