Author Topic: Stats changes  (Read 762 times)

Offline fehjdfgy

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Stats changes
« on: February 22, 2018, 20:41 »
Hello everyone,
Can i suggest smth about the players' stats?
IMO better remove the K/D/A stats, and let only the W/L stats. In that way ppl will start to play more as a team and not as a solo farmer creep stats chaser or kill-stealer, looking for high K/D/A.

Years ago there were only W/L stats and nobody cared how many kills have, or creep kills. And it was way better cuz ppl cared only about wining the game no mater if they have 15/0/4 or 9/9/20 (for example).
Nowadays everybody farms farms, dont buy wards cuz wanna save money, cares only about K/D/A stats and doesent care very much about his team and win or lose the game.

Remove K/D/A stats and im sure ppl will start to play as a team. DotA is a team game after all, not a single wood farm map.

IDK if stats can be changed or not, im just sharing my opinion with u guys :) Have a nice day

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
Re: Stats changes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 20:58 »
Its actually a very good suggestion. However, i don't think we can just remove them. It was discussed to add more stats, such as courier, wards count. Alternatively, a new value which would calculate the usefulness of a player to the team (ofcourse it would be a secret how it is calculated)

Offline fehjdfgy

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 21:25 »
Nice, im w8ing those modifications impatiently :y: ^-^

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 00:17 »
Hello everyone,
IMO better remove the K/D/A stats, and let only the W/L stats. In that way ppl will start to play more as a team and not as a solo farmer creep stats chaser or kill-stealer, looking for high K/D/A.

Years ago there were only W/L stats and nobody cared how many kills have, or creep kills. And it was way better cuz ppl cared only about wining the game no mater if they have 15/0/4 or 9/9/20 (for example).
Nowadays everybody farms farms, dont buy wards cuz wanna save money, cares only about K/D/A stats and doesent care very much about his team and win or lose the game.

Remove K/D/A stats and im sure ppl will start to play as a team. DotA is a team game after all, not a single wood farm map.

IDK if stats can be changed or not, im just sharing my opinion with u guys :) Have a nice day

:y: :y:
cen update the map please

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 00:24 »
Hello everyone,

I am still gonna buy dagger and dagon 5 for Terrorblade

Offline -Aleksandar-

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Server Account: -Aleksandar-
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 04:06 »
+

Offline fehjdfgy

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 09:42 »
@begin
Yes u can buy dagon+dagger to TB or other risky builds as long as the game allows u to do so. I mean if the game is easy u can do whatever u want, even buy 3 rapiers.

But if the game is serious and this build might let ur team to lose the game, u better make a stable and normal build.
If u still go crazy builds then this means u dont care if ur gonna win or lose the game, and ppl will remember u and next time they will not want to play with u and kick u probably.
I also make rapier (or other risky stuff) for fun, but at a point when i know 100% that we already won the game.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 13:46 »
Well, your suggestion makes sense but most of our players have 50/50% W/L ratio making the stats pointless for most of the players. Also, I may be wrong but I think this game is so addictive for many due to stats. If I have 15 0 20 K/D/A I want others to see it and go "That guy is so good. I want to suck him of."

Btw: I got a PM from one of your friends regarding your nickname changing request. If you want to change it pls PM me or other section leader to confirm it.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline fehjdfgy

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 14:55 »
I havent made any nick changing request, mby its another player.

Yes, most players have W/L 50/50 because this is not the only stats, there is also K/D/A which as u said is more important for the people. So ppl focus on K/D/A and not on W/L.
If there is only W/L, ppl with 50/50 will be considered as "noobs" and wont be let in games with high PSR. They will remain in the 1500-1600 range of games.

I also dont aim to high W/L because almost every game there is someone who farms whole game, or i play games with 3-4 carry or pick support hero and goes to farm like a carry :O . How can i pretend to win a game if i dont have a teammates but 4 other separate players.

Yes with more stats is more beautiful, u can see the player in a better way, but ppl just care about their kills and creep stats.

I had a game in which i made PIPE on Huskar, and my m8s started to insult me: aah huskar noob, u have ur 3rd spell, useless pipe etc. I know my hero lol, i made pipe for the team cuz i can survive the mages' spells but they cant. Or mby i had to make buriza and kill the mages and let my team die :D

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 20:29 »
@begin
Yes u can buy dagon+dagger to TB or other risky builds as long as the game allows u to do so. I mean if the game is easy u can do whatever u want, even buy 3 rapiers.

But if the game is serious and this build might let ur team to lose the game, u better make a stable and normal build.
If u still go crazy builds then this means u dont care if ur gonna win or lose the game, and ppl will remember u and next time they will not want to play with u and kick u probably.
I also make rapier (or other risky stuff) for fun, but at a point when i know 100% that we already won the game.
All games are easy for my Terrorblade with dagon 5 and dagger.
If you have any doubts you can challenge me.
Have a nice day