Author Topic: "Laggy" game  (Read 1650 times)

Offline rocknrolla

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
"Laggy" game
« on: January 19, 2018, 14:41 »
Hi guys!
I have a weird problem. Even though my pc is more than capable of running warcraft on highest settings (LUL), the game feels laggyish, at least half of second delay on actions.
Fps is 59-60 all throughout the game. Ping was 30 maximum I think.
Pc specs in attachments.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
Re: "Laggy" game
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 14:44 »
Only in multiplayer? Which games in particular (provide links) or all of them? Do you have mods or something else installed?

guest49825

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 15:06 »
Once i`ve had such problem for a while. Then i realised that my CPU had literally more than 130 C° temperature. Changed cooler to make it deery. Maybe you`ve got same.

Offline rocknrolla

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 15:41 »
Only in multiplayer? Which games in particular (provide links) or all of them? Do you have mods or something else installed?
Single player as well. Clean fresh install. I even have an SSD.
I used to play from time to time dota1, and it will go smoothly, but it sudden FPS drops, from 60 to 30 for 1-2 seconds, so that made me totally quit it. Today I tried it again after sooooo long, and it was laggish all game.

Once i`ve had such problem for a while. Then i realised that my CPU had literally more than 130 C° temperature. Changed cooler to make it deery. Maybe you`ve got same.
It's not. It runs D2 with constant 100+ fps.

Offline ExpertNoob

• Retired Moderator
  • Awards LA staff - Moderator Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 15:53 »
To be honest, its from dracolich's map. I had no lag problems in 6.83d, but i sometimes play laggy games in 6.85k.

guest49825

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 15:58 »
'It`s not' - you haven`t even tried to check i suppose. Provide your CPU temperature in the middle of the game, please. Just to be sure! :-)

Why do you provide D2 as a proof? D2 has optimisations so it can run even on my oldest PC (i have many, and one of them is extremely slow) - and it runs fine there. As it should be, because of lil optimisations. Don`t try to counter our ideas with some cheap facts, please. We are trying to help and, since you decided to get help here - be nice and provide any info we need.

Another HW reason can be in case you have Warcraft 3 installed on some old HDD. For example, i have multiple HDDs so i have slow ones and fast ones here.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 16:19 »
But does it happen only in dota or in other maps too?

Offline rocknrolla

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 02:03 »
'It`s not' - you haven`t even tried to check i suppose. Provide your CPU temperature in the middle of the game, please. Just to be sure! :-)

Why do you provide D2 as a proof? D2 has optimisations so it can run even on my oldest PC (i have many, and one of them is extremely slow) - and it runs fine there. As it should be, because of lil optimisations. Don`t try to counter our ideas with some cheap facts, please. We are trying to help and, since you decided to get help here - be nice and provide any info we need.

Another HW reason can be in case you have Warcraft 3 installed on some old HDD. For example, i have multiple HDDs so i have slow ones and fast ones here.
Because I'm not a newb regarding PC and dota. A low shit end like warcraft 3 it's just a tickle for the CPU, compared to D2, that's why I offered it as a comparison. Also, I've just cleaned it and added thermal paste 1 month ago. I understand you are trying to help, but it seems to me you're not qualified for it. Don't get offended.
PS: I only posted here because maybe someone else with a medium/high-end pc has the same problem, and it might be software, or who knows, maybe even hardware related.

But does it happen only in dota or in other maps too?
Honestly, I haven't tried any other maps. Or even classic warcraft/campaign. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and update the thread.

Edit: in single player, it's a bit less delayed, but still there.
On the old dota map, it's considerably better, but still just a bit laggyish. So I will assume it's from the Dracol1ch map and there isn't much that I can do about it.
Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:03 by rocknrolla »

guest49825

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 08:21 »
Impressive how programmer can not be qualified, lmao
I`m done here; Anyway, wish you good luck

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 13:45 »
Throw it away. Since i dont have problems with pc that i payed 200e. Try to disable programs in background like antivirus,steam and other ones that can cause problems in games(some of them was problems for me in past)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 13:47 by cyb »

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 14:49 »
Try to run the game with OpenGL, maybe it will help; there is a box on the gateways tab for that