Author Topic: Rockafella  (Read 3704 times)

Offline _xpam_

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rockafella
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 23:07 »
rocka i am your fan give me signature pls 8)

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rockafella
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 08:48 »
graphics things and they got replaced by uhh, lets just say they got replaced

I mentioned this at the time they changed them, do you know what happened next? They removed all of my forum awards cuz some internet admin got offended about what i said.
They just make zero sense for this place, the icons have have nothing to do with warcraft 3. It's just some guy who had no idea how to be productive for the community and decided to do something useless.
y, lol, seems like it.

And thats not even what im talking about anyway efko, my (awesome) banner got replaced by some amateur banner for what reason again? And about the awards, pain in the eyes really? they were all dota awards since this used to be a dota community. And thats not even what I ment, you removed all IHRL awards, you removed the awards from the RotC tournament and several other tournaments. You actually removed memories from the people that build this forum.

Hi and welcome back!
You have all my respect for your time and work here but we had to make changes. We tried to improve some things and, even if we failed, we still managed to show our users that this place isnt dead yet. You cannot make something for this place and come years later expecting to be the same... I rlly hope that the things made by me will be improved by the future staff, even if they fail in improving.

About awards: some users may not like the new ones because of their content, but there is no way someone can say "those icons are low quality, the old ones were better". The old icons were from W3, which are directly related to DotA but we are talking about 15 years old icons. They were rlly low quality and the variations looked even bad (black&white, "gold" variations). More than this, the size was to small. You couldnt tell what was in most of them (maybe a tree, maybe a medal, could even be a penis with big red eyes in there). Another bad thing was that the full image for those awards was the same size as the one displayed under avatar (27x27).

About IHRL awards. I made a list with all the users having them. From all of them only 3 were active in the last 3 months and most of them were inactive for years. IHRL doesnt exist anymore and I dont see a reason to replace all those awards with new ones for users that abandoned this place. We couldnt let the old ones as well, since all the others got replaced. The best solution was to make 3 cool titles/icons and give them to those users based on their old awards.

The current icons used for awards are all Blizzard products. Some of them are from W3 but remastered, the rest are from WoW. Every icon was edited manually in order to give it the W3 frame and resizing it in 2 versions (one to be displayed under avatar and another one to be displayed as full image when clicked for description). I created a site (free hosting) to display all of them and let it to the staff to use it for whatever they want. This job kept me busy for about 2-3 months. As you can see, this wasnt something made in rush and we took our time thinking how to do it best.

About Jean's awards. I deleted them and it felt rlly good doing it. The guy wasnt playing here  anymore (at least then) and was using the forum only to piss other people, including me. He said he doesnt want those "dogshit" icons so I got him rid of them.

You were GFX admin, no? Then, pls, do not get disapointed about my work here; I am the main reason for GFX still being alive. I am rlly glad to see old users coming back. I'm pretty sure you can join the staff withut problems. You can modify the awards, make other banner, change the GFX, etc, as you wish. No one will get offended for modifying their work as long someone is still doing something in that section.  :)
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.