Poll

Do you want the insulting/flaming rule to be deleted?

Yes
6 (35.3%)
No
11 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 29, 2017, 20:03

Author Topic: Change ban rules  (Read 10086 times)

Offline _xpam_

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Change ban rules
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 23:09 »
if to be hotnest yes you are protecting mods/admins
for exp hob1x jimmy  they broked a lot of rules you should take them accses and you should give them ban but we had a special section req user could not see. they just getting simply warn also now i saw 3-4 ban req about some admin i do not want to give name they should get ban and demote (ifi demoted for motehrfucker ) it will be fair
and if u call any admins or mods low dog nab shit etc u get mute lel  i get mute  many times of it (they do not know my fake accounts ) xD so it is also abuse but i  did not report cause i know nothing will be chance.
Ps reno i love u not talking about you talking about system.. and i know what you write about me after i got demote
xpam demoted insulting player etc xD as u said it is not bannable and not insult D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 23:11 by _xpam_ »

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 23:13 »
Renovatio.
I wish i could believe you.honestly i do.
But i saw what i saw.i gave concrete proofs against a player but his same nationality admin friends jumped in to protect him.they even commented on my ban req. That was the moment when i realised the whole bunch of B&U staff are corrupt people who are abusing their power. I reported the case higher and nothing happened. Friends protect friends...

Since then i never report anybody becouse there is no point.
Thats why i started this topic but i see you think the exact opposite. Sorry if i disapoint you but thats the truth.

Offline _xpam_

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 23:14 »
and my last word . we are lossed a lot of players if u are not change rule about flame then try to give min ban  warn
exp 1st famiy lame 3 days make it 1 days like this

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 23:18 »
So again back to the topic. What I originally tried to suggest is why to not ban insults is becouse many players use that as a cheap excuse to ban sby.they just make a post and their admin friends ban them.that simple it is.
To avoid this just dont ban. Use ignore after first insult ingame. You dont have to ignore the whole team and u can unignore later anytime.

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 23:23 »
First of all I thank you for your suggestions. Now I will point out everything you are wrong about.

1) I don't want to ignore my whole team because I don't know if I will get flamed or not. Communication is very important in dota and I hate to ignore people. So people who can't play this game for the sake of game, but come here to flame should and must be banned.

2) By deleting this rule you either make - flame war each game, or full team ignore each game.

3) There are a lot of factors we take in when deciding about ban, warn, duration. Renovatio already gave you some examples, also I agree that different mod can make different decision, but you can always ask head moderator to look about decision you didn't like.

4) Multiaccounting can be stopped if we decide that certain player needs to be put down for good for some time. In this case he can't access from any accounts.

5) I like it how you talk about "wild bans" and "mod abuse" and I received 0 complaints, same as my head mods. Everyone can get sanctioned, even mods. You just have to do this properly, and with proofs ofcourse.

6) I would like you to PM this request you are talking about to me, im really curious, and I will give you explanations.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 23:25 »
if to be hotnest yes you are protecting mods/admins
for exp hob1x jimmy  they broked a lot of rules you should take them accses and you should give them ban but we had a special section req user could not see. they just getting simply warn also now i saw 3-4 ban req about some admin i do not want to give name they should get ban and demote (ifi demoted for motehrfucker ) it will be fair
and if u call any admins or mods low dog nab shit etc u get mute lel  i get mute  many times of it (they do not know my fake accounts ) xD so it is also abuse but i  did not report cause i know nothing will be chance.
Ps reno i love u not talking about you talking about system.. and i know what you write about me after i got demote
xpam demoted insulting player etc xD as u said it is not bannable and not insult D

Both got demoted but, to be honest, Jimmy was one of the best B&U mods this place had. He was impulsive, temperamental but was a great mod. He deserved to be given a 2nd chance. They werent "protected" but you cannot just simple demote a guy after making a mistake. There are enough sanctions that can be given before rushing for demotion. You know that isnt easy to train a mod and takes time, plus that isnt easy to get good trial mods. The best thing to do is to try to "fix" a mod before demoting him; the same hing that I did with you. Lets not talk about these things here, is all in the past, anyway. The system is not perfect (no system is; even nature has its faults, not to mention the society) but is good system.

P.S. We are offtopic, Horizon. Lets not reply if has nothing to do with the topic's subject.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline _xpam_

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 23:28 »
i shaered my idea carristo is rgiht u  should change rule or ban days
10/8 admin not activite player and they dont know we need to wait for 1600+ games  25 min jesus christ

guest49825

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 01:59 »
didnt read
for example, there are another platform and they created something like 'semi-mute'
so u basically can just say something short and game related, like 'ss [heroname]', 'go rosh', 'share pls', but nothing else for a while (for ~ 2 hours there).
 But some1 could implement it here, so new accs will have limited capabilities
and deers:o

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 06:34 »
Akuma:
1- why should I ignore my whole team as you predict? I can ignore just one player if he is idiot.i really dont get your logic.hilarious..

2- flame war? What are you talking about? Can you give some more trust and respect to the players of this server?
Dont automatcally assume that 90% of the players are assholes...
Yes, occasionaly EVERBODY insults sometimes. But im playing dota for like 8 years and most of the cases players dont insult without any reason...and i can see that 90% of bam req are for this reason.
Years ago almost nobody got banned becouse of insults, it was part of the game you can say. Nowdays i can see only hypersensitive players and moderators who call themselfs dota players but they just cant wait the opportunity to get flamed so they can report sby. I wanted to suggest to put an end to this,  but its totally up to you guys. You are the admins of this server.

We are just players who wait 20 minutes in lobbys for players to join. :)

One last question to you Akuma:
Are you even playing? Ive never seen you in games.
Maybe you are using another account?

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 06:53 »

Quote: ''  How does it feel, to be soo weak, that mere words can hurt you? "

You think you are stronK ? Ok,heres my suggestion.

-Try to make donation system in B&U section
- Money is reserved for insulters and family flamers

I think little trips around balkan would be AWESOME! - for start
and when you get what you deserve and when someone cut your little tongue then you will never say something like that!

OR maybe soft version of this
"LA Events"
We can think about one specify city thats near for most of users and we can gather there(If someone is far,far away then hope is on big and full wallet :D )drink beer and make some grill for "vegans" we have plenty grass here so dont worry!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:07 by cyberajber »

Offline -Natsumi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 08:54 »
Dota is a highly competitive game so its normal that people gets angry sometimes and flame, nothing wrong with that. Thats why we have ignore and dnd commands to mute annoying players.

Even if you guys keep banning players for insults you shouldnt be so harsh. Tablo of sanctions...

Family related flame 1st time = 3 days ban-permanently
Game ruining on purpose 1st time = 2-7 days ban

Really? So if someone gets angry and flames a little he gets more ban than someone who ruin the game on purpose for his team? Give me a break.

And by the way whats the point of this ban system that you can just simply switch account and keep playing? For example i reported a game ruiner who made our team lose, he got 8 days ban. Cool. But im sure he still playing using another account, so whats the point? Will he learn from it? Probably no. Most players dont give a shit about psr anyway, so its not a punishment that they have to use another account for a few days.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 09:29 »

Even if you guys keep banning players for insults you shouldnt be so harsh. Tablo of sanctions...

Family related flame 1st time = 3 days ban-permanently
Game ruining on purpose 1st time = 2-7 days ban

Is case depending. A 2 days ban for game ruining is given to someone that affected the game at a given time but not enough to ruin it. For example, I would give 2 days + 2 warns to someone that abused toss on his teammate but without getting him killed (abused = more than once). The same guy can get a longer ban for flame if he flamed someone's family more than once. A guy that rlly ruined the game will not get a 2-3 days ban. Also, ruining a game it doesnt mean that you can get max 7 days ban. That sanction is for a specific act of game ruining. Ruining the game by refusing to play, sabotagging teammates, feeding with couriers will result in a cumulated sanction of the rules that he broke. For family flame the sanction can be permanently from 1st time (or much longer than 3 days) depending on what the player said. Ofcourse you can get permanently banned from 1st time breaking that rule if you flamed excessively. The point is that a player that actually ruined the game will not get a softer ban than a flamer. Is all case depending.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline marian1012

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 12:51 »
the ban rules honestly need a "renovation"

hehe, u get it? renovatio - renovation, hahahaha

jean, the mushrooms u recommended rly are good XD XD hehehe

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 23:31 »
Really? So if someone gets angry and flames a little he gets more ban than someone who ruin the game on purpose for his team? Give me a break.

There is no reason why he cannot use different words, like I said I flame all the time><

Family related one shows how deeply undeveloped and manner-less person is and that is why such kid need to be kept away from community.

Do you really care when some1 offend u? nope, but if they involve your family into dota, they take it to a whole new level.

Offline -Natsumi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 16:15 »
I feel like im in the kindergarten. Yesterday i got reported for saying "shit", today reported for saying "gipsy"... ???
I dont understand why these ultra sensitive kids who cant tolerate some flaming play with competitive multiplayer games.