Author Topic: Pluging rule.  (Read 15958 times)

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Pluging rule.
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:16 »
Hello.
Refering to rules http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1425.msg5531#msg5531 we can read: NOTE: Unplugging is considered leaving.
I would like to ask you to change it a little, becouse plugging is something worse in my opinion.
If player leave game voluntarily he get 1weak ban from !banlast command - quick and no need to involve any admin.
If plugger apears someone must report and do ban req for him (waste of time for player) and admin must aproove it (more work for moderator).
Meanwhile plugger play couple of games more where if he dies too much, just plugs again and again, ruining another game.
I've seen people trying to avoid !banlast with good effect. After ban req they usualy get ban for 3 days + warn so they are ahead anyway. Pluggers have much smaller chance to get banned and even then, ban is shorter than it suppose to be...

Theres 55k bans on bots at the moment so not much voluntarily leavers we can meet playing on pd.eu, specialy in PRO games. However still its rare to play game from start to finish 5v5 where noone lost connection (purpose or not).

My suggestion is invent one more rule for pluging wich is most popular method of leaving nowadays.
Duration: 10 days at 1st instance.
Remember: there is always unban forum where player who lost connection can explain himself! If player care, he will make unban req with reason why it happend.
Most of true pluggers will not explain themselfs becouse they dont give a shit about.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Pluging rule.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 09:37 »
Like here:
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1773.0

Being a host and ask for balance after 13min from !drop he's teamate (23min of game). Ask for roll? Does he know the rules? I guess not.
Being a host and do plug... what worst thing he could do (exept hacks)? Save game just right before LOL. Gross.
What he receives? 3days ban +warn... gross injustice.

Shall be tougher rules for hosts than for casual players who should, but not must know the rules.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 17:11 »
Like here:
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1773.0

Being a host and ask for balance after 13min from !drop he's teamate (23min of game). Ask for roll? Does he know the rules? I guess not.
Being a host and do plug... what worst thing he could do (exept hacks)? Save game just right before LOL. Gross.
What he receives? 3days ban +warn... gross injustice.

Shall be tougher rules for hosts than for casual players who should, but not must know the rules.
At first I banned him 1week, but then reduced the ban.

Hello.
Refering to rules http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1425.msg5531#msg5531 we can read: NOTE: Unplugging is considered leaving.
I would like to ask you to change it a little, becouse plugging is something worse in my opinion.
If player leave game voluntarily he get 1weak ban from !banlast command - quick and no need to involve any admin.
If plugger apears someone must report and do ban req for him (waste of time for player) and admin must aproove it (more work for moderator).
Meanwhile plugger play couple of games more where if he dies too much, just plugs again and again, ruining another game.
I've seen people trying to avoid !banlast with good effect. After ban req they usualy get ban for 3 days + warn so they are ahead anyway. Pluggers have much smaller chance to get banned and even then, ban is shorter than it suppose to be...

Theres 55k bans on bots at the moment so not much voluntarily leavers we can meet playing on pd.eu, specialy in PRO games. However still its rare to play game from start to finish 5v5 where noone lost connection (purpose or not).

My suggestion is invent one more rule for pluging wich is most popular method of leaving nowadays.
Duration: 10 days at 1st instance.
Remember: there is always unban forum where player who lost connection can explain himself! If player care, he will make unban req with reason why it happend.
Most of true pluggers will not explain themselfs becouse they dont give a shit about.
I also think that this needs a change. I will wait 2weeks and see what other people will say.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 18:58 »
I am agree with this but i would put ban 5 days not 10!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline FatalityMk

• Be Quick, Time Is Mana...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 19:36 »
ye i think the old rule should be back on table... that way only the player that really got disconnected will want unban and others that plug wont give a shit... bring back the old rule! :)

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 22:58 »
Ingame command like !ban [nickname] plug would be nice for those who "lost conn". Trully it's not that hard to differ plug case from lost connection one. Just take a good look at his stats, play style and occasion it occurred. Usually ppl plug when they got ganged few times or whine all the time or die few times in a row...

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 08:13 »

Sure... maybe 45mins? Plugger may eat dinner and back to the game. Voluntarly leaver have 7days ban...
I remember old days and pluging was something very rare, becouse player who lost connection were banned anyway. Those who remember knows that right now 80% of lost connections are pluged cables.

ye i think the old rule should be back on table... that way only the player that really got disconnected will want unban and others that plug wont give a shit... bring back the old rule! :)

That was good old days when hosts had weapon against any kind of leavers.

Ingame command like !ban [nickname] plug would be nice for those who "lost conn". Trully it's not that hard to differ plug case from lost connection one. Just take a good look at his stats, play style and occasion it occurred. Usually ppl plug when they got ganged few times or whine all the time or die few times in a row...

Moderators trying to avoid bad hosting and its understandable. Not all players are mature enough to recognize plugers and they would ban everyone when they have chance.
In the same time admins protect bad hosts giving them small punishment for really bad things they done. Host should take responsibility for the game, protect the rules, be an example for others - punishment for bad hosts shall be x2 as to casual player. When host leaves (plugs) game will be ruined within 1minute, becouse some of players will leave after host.

I just dont get why voluntarly leaver receives 7days ban by !banlast, rude pluger should get 5days and rage pluger HOST gets 3days +warn.

I just think that something is wrong here  :o Whatever... its just suggestion :)

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 19:09 »

Sure... maybe 45mins? Plugger may eat dinner and back to the game. Voluntarly leaver have 7days ban...

45 mins and 5 days is not the same!!!!

and I said 5 days just because some kid will host and he will not recognize the real plug and lost connection.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 19:11 by mrNiceguy »
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 19:45 »

45 mins and 5 days is not the same!!!!

and I said 5 days just because some kid will host and he will not recognize the real plug and lost connection.

Then this kid should get a !warning for doing this and every other attempt by this kid should be penalized as ban, ie. for a week.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 18:05 »
The real problem is that there are no leavers left on pd.eu. ONLY PLUGERS.
Leavers mostly have no game records and they arent alowed by most of hosts to play.

Offline Polak_PL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 18:43 »
Punishments should teach, not kill. Its not really obvious if player left with unplugged modem or with laggs(which almost never happens).

3days lasting automatic ban with !banlast command in game by admin should be enaugh.

Offline rr_rusnar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 13:08 »
isnt easier check last actions before plug / disconnect ?

Offline FatalityMk

• Be Quick, Time Is Mana...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 20:37 »
OMG PPL LETS AT LEAST START TO VOTE FOR THE RULE TO BE REVOKED!! IN THE LAST 10 GAMES AT LEAST 15 PEOPLE HAVE PLUGGED THEM SELFS OUT OF THE GAME THUS RUINNING IT... PLEASE RETURN THE OLD RULE SO WE CAN BAN THOSE FUCKING IDIOTS!! SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW CANT EVEN WRITE AS I SHOULD!!

P.S. SORRY FOR CURSING :)

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 20:46 »
OMG PPL LETS AT LEAST START TO VOTE FOR THE RULE TO BE REVOKED!! IN THE LAST 10 GAMES AT LEAST 15 PEOPLE HAVE PLUGGED THEM SELFS OUT OF THE GAME THUS RUINNING IT... PLEASE RETURN THE OLD RULE SO WE CAN BAN THOSE FUCKING IDIOTS!! SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW CANT EVEN WRITE AS I SHOULD!!

P.S. SORRY FOR CURSING :)
Here is a posible rule (I was thinking of posting this tomorrow, but...):
Quote from: Game Rules
Unplugging is not allowed.
Unplugging10days
2warns
3weeks
5warns
45days
7warns
Permanently
What do you think?

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 23:05 »
Here is a posible rule (I was thinking of posting this tomorrow, but...):
Quote from: Game Rules
Unplugging is not allowed.
Unplugging10days
2warns
3weeks
5warns
45days
7warns
Permanently
What do you think?

Fair enough. Remember that rules should be more harsh for plugers than for voluntarly leaver. PLUGING IS RUDE MAN! :o