Author Topic: Banner for New Year Eurobattle.net  (Read 5311 times)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Banner for New Year Eurobattle.net
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 23:19 »
Still a mess. Its like you say "must...place..everything" *sweats* "it...will...fit" "ugh".

1) The three tables at the top. Safelist and Brasil leagues looks like they are full of noobs: 1st in SS 1145 pts, 1st in pub ladder 1933 pts...

2) Those lights are made in Painting? Also they obviously widen.

3) Now the center of the mess. "GFX" over "Eurobattle.net" over loading screen over EB.net forum ss over LA.com forum ss + low quality, zoomed "DotA Tour".

4) And finally the bells and christmas balls. Sorry, ellipsoids...

Signature by Rocka

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 23:23 »
Still a mess. Its like you say "must...place..everything" *sweats* "it...will...fit" "ugh".

1) The three tables at the top. Safelist and Brasil leagues looks like they are full of noobs: 1st in SS 1145 pts, 1st in pub ladder 1933 pts...

2) Those lights are made in Painting? Also they obviously widen.

3) Now the center of the mess. "GFX" over "Eurobattle.net" over loading screen over EB.net forum ss over LA.com forum ss + low quality, zoomed "DotA Tour".

4) And finally the bells and christmas balls. Sorry, ellipsoids...
He said that he want motives from past year,..etc
So my hand are tied = no idea really for it i know its big mess. Would be much easier if you have some idea and you can post some pics or something and we can make it but for this i really dont have proper idea. for me best solution is easy one with logo but what he said i did.
Regards!

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 23:38 »
I know but I have no idea how exactly include motives from past year.

How do you include a tournament? Screenshot of its forum thread? That's stupid, right?
How do you include an update (of W3, gproxy, map, w/e)? A picture or a screenshot? SS of gproxy? I don't think so.

I like Renovatio's works. Simple, apt and nice. But they don't include any specific events.

This is hard.

All right, what motives do we have? What important events of any kind happend around here? Let's start with this.

Signature by Rocka

Offline 1QuestioN!

• d^_^b
  • GFX Pro Member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Straight Out Of Line
  • Awards Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] Winner of 5 Photo Manipulation Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 23:51 »

How do you include a tournament? Screenshot of its forum thread? That's stupid, right?
How do you include an update (of W3, gproxy, map, w/e)? A picture or a screenshot? SS of gproxy? I don't think so.

I like Renovatio's works. Simple, apt and nice. But they don't include any specific events.

This is hard.

All right, what motives do we have? What important events of any kind happend around here? Let's start with this.

Hail to that.+1
When someone asks me for work and tells me to add bunch of elements i just quit and say goodbye :D
Ok it can be done but usually simplest works are the best.Reno works are just fine , myb some tweeking and its ready to go.

@cyberajber if you want some advice or some resources PM me i see you are intrested to work and learn more.

Offline Jean

• Awards Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 23:55 »
Just add a fucking jugger with a santa hat on one of the sides of the banner top kek

Even the current one sux ass, it doesnt represt this place, it feels like this forum is some kind of tech site lul. The whole design feels "dry", fill the empty spots with anime girls, thats a big plus.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 00:09 »
For LA.com I'd go with tournaments, 1v1 same hero tours are the thing. Including such a picture would be cool.

Something like Invo casting a meteor while second invo attacking with his fire spirts, or something like that.
Mirana casting stars vs Mirana casting the arrow.
Same heroes but not same picture.

I don't know much about EB.net, how old is it? The server getting older (aka having birthday) could be usefull theme.
I found a guy registered in 2003. Woa.
http://eurobattle.net/members/661-FiRezzzz

Signature by Rocka

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 08:20 »

This is hard.

Bless!

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 10:08 »
To be included as text:
war3 patch update - 1.27a
gproxy update (newest ver) - GProxy v11 (dont forget to specify that this is the eurobattle.net client)
DotA map update (was done this year? I cant recall) - DotA v6.85k Allstars (this year)
communities: Safelist, Brasil, LagAbuse
2016 (year)
LA tours
LA GFX (special event #2)

As img/renders:
Santa's hat
LA logo (for tours, ladder, GFX)
top 5 or 10 on ladders (not the current one, better from last season since ended this year as well; need to search topics/awards for declared winners)
SS ladder (this guys have monthly ladder): http://eurobattle.net/threads/136620-Hall-of-Fame/page4
Brasil ladder (I think winners are these guys): http://eurobattle.net/threads/197383-Premia%C3%A7%C3%B5es-canal-Brasil?p=1638610&viewfull=1#post1638610
communities logos (optional)
LA ladder: topic somewhere? You cant tell from awards date bcs I've updated those awards and the date was modified.
some pic for tours, as Asta said (optional)

I guess ladder winners will be better placed as text.

If you think at other events add them here and let's try to make some banner including these things.

I've attached to this post some good renders (most of them used by me in the banner posted yesterday).
If you want to use icons you have plenty of them here: http://lagabusegfx.byethost18.com/wp/pic/
Also, the pic from the 1st page (that site) is good for tours, I guess.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 10:37 by Renovatio »
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2016, 10:42 »

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2016, 14:08 »
How you include a tournament is really up to your interpretation. Yes, it can be a Yurnero with a santa hat and a watermark text on his sword with a date. What really matters is how things are blended, transitioned and interact together. You can include only some events which make sense to you (you don't have to throw all the shit into the image, pick and choose) in a subtle way while going full on artistic mode for the image as a whole. Hopefully all this made any sense.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 14:11 by cen »

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2016, 20:52 »
Ill wait a bit
/edit

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 20:57 »