Author Topic: Egyptian Mythology (Special Event #2: BM #2.1.2)  (Read 3514 times)

Offline efko.aqw

• GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards 3rd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Forum staff member [RARE] Special award for the 100th PSC [UNIQUE] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 1st place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE] 3rd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Egyptian Mythology (Special Event #2: BM #2.1.2)
« on: November 07, 2016, 21:52 »

Welcome to the Special Event #2
Egyptian Mythology
Gods of Egypt & Mythical Creatures

Reserved for Banner

Banner Maker

This is a new game and your job is to create banner which will be used in this special event. 7 weeks, 14 events in total, top7 banners will be used and each week be used 1 banner for 2 events since there will be 2 events per week. For 1st week will be banner which is after voting on number 7 and for the last week there will go best ranked banner from this first event.
This game will be similar to all 3 games PSC, SOTW & PMC, but everything will be allowed expect using finished works from the internet. Banner must be created from 3 main parts: Background/s, Renders/s & text/Letters.
Letters/text must be related with Egyptian Mythology, so with Gods of Egypt & Mythical Creatures. Any creature or god can be included in banner, so you can google for names of the beasts, gods, etc...

You are making completely new banner

Rules
Size:
- Default dimension for Banner for special event is 720x220 px
Rules:
- Banner must be created from 3 main parts: Background/s, Renders/s & text/Letters.
- Background can be transparent so banner can look smaller.
- Even if transparent, banner must to have some picture inside except letters, at least 60% should not be transparent, so more than 60% must to be covered.
- Rules are similar to SOTW, you can use renders, backgrounds, logos, but you can not use finished Banner from the internet.
- Letters/text must to be included.
- You can use text which already exist on internet.
- Keep background & renders in your PC, so on our request you are obligated to provide resources.
- When you finish your Banner, use attachment option to upload so in that way we won't lose your progress
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=164546.0

Deadline for submitting your work 15.11.2016

Awards

Awards will be given for participation, for ranking points, for winning in special event - 14 events in 7 weeks + 1 more week for final vote.
There will be a lot of awards.
Will be updated.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 23:35 by efko.aqw »

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Egyptian Mythology (Special Event #2: BM #2.1.2)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 20:01 »
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 20:04 by efko.aqw »

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 20:57 »
You said it must have text but you didn't said how much, so I added just 2 words (rlly didnt had where to put text).
NOT USING THIS ONE FOR THE COMPETITION.
I;m not deleting the post bcs people deserve the chance to admire my work.  8) :P

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:07 by Renovatio »
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 21:02 »
@cyberajber, this is almost great. Can you add some background at least around text because point of banner is to have some background?
- Background can be transparent so banner can look smaller.
I can its not a problem but i think it can be transparent..like trolls banner.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 21:06 »
But text needs to be related with Egyptian Mythology.

The Illuminati is Latin for "Enlightened Ones." Ancient cultures including Egypt considered light to be synonymous with knowledge. The sun god Ra, whom gives light to the Earth was very wise. In fact the All-Seeing Eye, a common Illuminati symbol derived off of the Eye of Horus, also known as the Eye of Ra.

8) :P

I can edit it again and add some more relatable text but I've chosen illuminati bcs I knew they are related.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 21:26 »
1st competition of this type. This will be a total mess till we will get used with it. Anyway, is cool. I will add other text later. Tell me if needs some other modifications, I also added some shadow border, didnt found borders in rules.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 21:59 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
But text needs to be related with Egyptian Mythology.

The Illuminati is Latin for "Enlightened Ones." Ancient cultures including Egypt considered light to be synonymous with knowledge. The sun god Ra, whom gives light to the Earth was very wise. In fact the All-Seeing Eye, a common Illuminati symbol derived off of the Eye of Horus, also known as the Eye of Ra.

8) :P

I can edit it again and add some more relatable text but I've chosen illuminati bcs I knew they are related.
Maybe illuminati is somehow connected with this mythology, but check this:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Welcome to the Special Event #2
Egyptian Mythology
Gods of Egypt & Mythical Creatures

1st competition of this type. This will be a total mess till we will get used with it. Anyway, is cool. I will add other text later. Tell me if needs some other modifications, I also added some shadow border, didnt found borders in rules.
Borders are cool, everything is very similar like for SOTW, but banner have different rules like:
Banner must be created from 3 main parts: Background/s, Renders/s & text/Letters.

Used background and 3 renders (4 but it seems I've deleted it. Is that circle things overlayed on hands), I only need to add another text, more relevant. I will also upload the resources used (dont remember from where I've downloaded)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 22:04 by Renovatio »

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 22:30 »
Ok,ill make it right.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 22:53 »
Ow, I just noticed I've used the same render used for Special Event. I'll use another one.

Offline Bart

• Troll Producer
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • L-E-G-E-N-D
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] Troll Producer 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Winner of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 22:55 »
im feeling a bit overwhelmed

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 23:01 »
right one?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 00:07 by efko.aqw »

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 00:05 »
Ill consider about that,lack of insipration nowdays,probably my whole life :P

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 11:43 »
Ow, I just noticed I've used the same render used for Special Event. I'll use another one.
xDD I was like wtf, again someone using the picture from the original post?!?! xD
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 12:02 »
Here is something engraved in stone. I'll use this one for the competition.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 11:54 »
Guys, there was a lot of work for this special event. Pls, waste a few minutes and make something... There will be some awards and, maybe, in the future the GFX staff can give more benefits to its devoted users.