Poll

What option will make the game more interesting for you:

Better video settings
HD model remakes for the heroes
HD environment remake (terrain, trees, water)
HD models for creeps (neutral included)
HD skills' buffs
New icons
New audio for heroes' response
HD models for buildings (racks, twrs, shops)
All from above
None. The game is perfect as it is

Author Topic: W3 graphics update  (Read 18170 times)

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: W3 graphics update
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 19:48 »
Why is there no option that says "Nothing, the game is absolute fucking dogshit and nothing will fix it."

Also why are you even making this, it's not like you're the warcraft 3 developer and you're thinking about making some changes for the game.

My opinion about this is, graphics are the most irrelevant part of a game, the gameplay is the most important part of a game, if you want a game to be more interesting you should make the gameplay more interesting.
Pretty lights and other bullshit attract mostly only idiots.

Actually I am thinking about making some changes for the game and I dont need to be the game's developer for this. The game has user-made mods/models/textures/maps/sounds/AI scripts/icons/etc every year since  its release. Was abandoned by Blizzard and kept alive and "updated" by users (reason for it's 1.27 official patch). The gameplay is out of our amateur reach (IceFrog and Dracol1ch currently have this job) but we can have better graphics. I didnt wrote my ideea here because I was waiting first feedback from the Staff. In every game's description, ever made , you will find graphics among gameplay, storyline and sound. MOBA doesnt have storyline, is gameplay based (so I agree with you) but the 2nd most important thing after gameplay are the game's graphix. If you dont agree then go ahead and play the game with the video minimum settings. Pretty lights and other bullshit may attract players from other platforms that have the same gameplay like here (is just 1 gameplay for DotA, with little difference between the last versions of the maps). Anyway, this server needs players, is pointless to invest such work and effort for a handful of pros that not even show some gratitude.
More like it's pointless to invest such work in a game that has been dead for several years, is dead even now, and will continue to be dead for all time.

I don't care about minimum/maximum settings, I can play both ways with absolutely no difference to my enjoyment. I'm interested in the fucking game, not the way it looks, I don't give a single shit how this game or any other game for that matter looks, I play it and other games only for the gameplay, for example I downloaded warcraft 2 again 6 days ago and I'm doing all the 4 campaigns from it again, do you have any idea how "bad" that game looks compared to warcraft 3 ? I don't give a single shit about that, as long as you can see what is going on it's fine, and the campaigns are pretty fun and some missions are actually challenging even now when you set the game speed to maximum for the whole game as I do.

Most games that are developed nowadays are getting less and less depth and more and more graphics, to the point that they tell you exactly what to fucking do at every step, so you just mindlessly follow instructions and stare at pretty lights, and that's the entire fucking game.

The worst part is that intelligent people who are developing games are discouraged from creating quality big depth ones because why even bother, when some pretty lights and mindless instruction following game will sell just fine, you idiots are ruining the entire world, this shit applies to everything in life not just games, you make smart people invest their time into making shit that is far below their capabilities because they have no reason to bother to create anything better since you all eat it up anyway.

I mean I have no idea if you're an idiot or not, I'm just saying.
You may just want to do this because you like the game and want to change it for what you consider to be better so you can enjoy it more, if you're doing it for this reason then you're not an idiot.

I agree with all that you said. If I would knew how to edit the map I would improved the gameplay and added more heroes (then fixing the bugs) but all can I do is just something simple as replacing some files in those archives. Not all think as you. I like classic games, I will not play a game for, or mostly, for its graphics but I would enjoy to see some boobs on Trax (just a joke example, you get what I mean). Now I am playing: "The Longest Journey" (1999) and "The testament of Sherlock Holmes" (2012) and I have 2GB Video Board. The ideea is just to give it a new look for the ones that want it and hopefully to get users from other platforms or to keep some of ours. Maybe we have players that wants better grphics but their PC is slow. Will they play with Balanar's square face when they will buy a better PC? They will have DotA 2 but maybe they will enjoy the old dota as well, having his beloved W3 classic units in HD. They can be pro or noobs, my interest is to have players here and if all I can offer are just some 3D models then this I will offer. This place is dying nonetheless but we may prolong its lifetime. If we offer nothing and we dont try to keep it alive somehow then it will die as fast as possible. The ideea is not to make it "immortal", the ideea is to make it live just a bit longer than it is supposed to.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 19:49 »
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline Jedivh

• The Lich King
  • Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Your pain shall be legendary.
  • Server Account: Jedivh
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 20:05 »
Why is there no option that says "Nothing, the game is absolute fucking dogshit and nothing will fix it."

Also why are you even making this, it's not like you're the warcraft 3 developer and you're thinking about making some changes for the game.

My opinion about this is, graphics are the most irrelevant part of a game, the gameplay is the most important part of a game, if you want a game to be more interesting you should make the gameplay more interesting.
Pretty lights and other bullshit attract mostly only idiots.

Actually I am thinking about making some changes for the game and I dont need to be the game's developer for this. The game has user-made mods/models/textures/maps/sounds/AI scripts/icons/etc every year since  its release. Was abandoned by Blizzard and kept alive and "updated" by users (reason for it's 1.27 official patch). The gameplay is out of our amateur reach (IceFrog and Dracol1ch currently have this job) but we can have better graphics. I didnt wrote my ideea here because I was waiting first feedback from the Staff. In every game's description, ever made , you will find graphics among gameplay, storyline and sound. MOBA doesnt have storyline, is gameplay based (so I agree with you) but the 2nd most important thing after gameplay are the game's graphix. If you dont agree then go ahead and play the game with the video minimum settings. Pretty lights and other bullshit may attract players from other platforms that have the same gameplay like here (is just 1 gameplay for DotA, with little difference between the last versions of the maps). Anyway, this server needs players, is pointless to invest such work and effort for a handful of pros that not even show some gratitude.
More like it's pointless to invest such work in a game that has been dead for several years, is dead even now, and will continue to be dead for all time.

I don't care about minimum/maximum settings, I can play both ways with absolutely no difference to my enjoyment. I'm interested in the fucking game, not the way it looks, I don't give a single shit how this game or any other game for that matter looks, I play it and other games only for the gameplay, for example I downloaded warcraft 2 again 6 days ago and I'm doing all the 4 campaigns from it again, do you have any idea how "bad" that game looks compared to warcraft 3 ? I don't give a single shit about that, as long as you can see what is going on it's fine, and the campaigns are pretty fun and some missions are actually challenging even now when you set the game speed to maximum for the whole game as I do.

Most games that are developed nowadays are getting less and less depth and more and more graphics, to the point that they tell you exactly what to fucking do at every step, so you just mindlessly follow instructions and stare at pretty lights, and that's the entire fucking game.

The worst part is that intelligent people who are developing games are discouraged from creating quality big depth ones because why even bother, when some pretty lights and mindless instruction following game will sell just fine, you idiots are ruining the entire world, this shit applies to everything in life not just games, you make smart people invest their time into making shit that is far below their capabilities because they have no reason to bother to create anything better since you all eat it up anyway.

I mean I have no idea if you're an idiot or not, I'm just saying.
You may just want to do this because you like the game and want to change it for what you consider to be better so you can enjoy it more, if you're doing it for this reason then you're not an idiot.

I agree with all that you said. If I would knew how to edit the map I would improved the gameplay and added more heroes (then fixing the bugs) but all can I do is just something simple as replacing some files in those archives. Not all think as you. I like classic games, I will not play a game for, or mostly, for its graphics but I would enjoy to see some boobs on Trax (just a joke example, you get what I mean). Now I am playing: "The Longest Journey" (1999) and "The testament of Sherlock Holmes" (2012) and I have 2GB Video Board. The ideea is just to give it a new look for the ones that want it and hopefully to get users from other platforms or to keep some of ours. Maybe we have players that wants better grphics but their PC is slow. Will they play with Balanar's square face when they will buy a better PC? They will have DotA 2 but maybe they will enjoy the old dota as well, having his beloved W3 classic units in HD. They can be pro or noobs, my interest is to have players here and if all I can offer are just some 3D models then this I will offer. This place is dying nonetheless but we may prolong its lifetime. If we offer nothing and we dont try to keep it alive somehow then it will die as fast as possible. The ideea is not to make it "immortal", the ideea is to make it live just a bit longer than it is supposed to.
Bro i agree with you but dont change hero models because i think they are sucks  :D

Spoiler for Hiden:

i cant play a game with that heroes bro (all of them are sucks not only blood) 
Bow to your master!

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 20:22 »
Gameplay is the thing. But if I can have it in nice graphics, I'll go for it.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 20:29 »
IMPORTANT THING: This topic is about free patch which will affect on skins only on single PC. So when testing skins is finished, it will be probably announced. Players will be free to use them, it won't be implemented directly on the map.

I kept repeating it and it seems that you are the only one that gets it.

@DoomBringer: Patch that changes skins/models free to use for whoever wants to use it. Game/Map will be the same as now. It will be modified only by who wants to modify it and it will work only on the PC where got modified. While you play Doom Bringer you will see Luci as it is, the one that installed the patch will see Luci in HD.

Offline ClaraSchuman

• “Behind every successful fortune there is a crime"
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • “Never let anyone know what you are thinking.”
  • Server Account: ClaraShuman
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • “A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.”
    • Awards
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse..
Great men are not born great, they grow great..”

“Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold..”

Offline ClaraSchuman

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 20:55 »
this thing is not so bad.. and @reno make good job..

but i have one ask..

if i dl this patch they will stack with others ? (last patch)
if this new patch not be so good and i wanna to delete him (i will must instal again last patch for w3 ?)

??? ???

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 21:00 »

but i have one ask..

if this new patch not be so good and i wanna to delete him (i will must instal again last patch for w3 ?)

??? ???

It isn't a patch as the ones you think off. I just call it that way. It will replace 4 files from the game's directory. For deleting it you will only have to paste there the original 4 files that you will backup before instaling the "patch" (I dont think I will manage to make backups with the installer, it may be out of my league). Anyway, is simple to instal and delete, is just 4 files than needs replaced in W3 directory.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 09:08 »
More votes please.

Offline Star.Seeker

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2016, 09:54 »
you do like sly girls...

good work. this should make it more attractive for the younger parts of population, who do like "lights, nice graphics and other bullshit". hopefully it will work as expected, tho there might be some time before the effects get to work.

common... for a dead game it seems pretty much alive

tho I do like most of the forms, I have to say... when put in my comp.... I won't even know whos who, what to hit, let aside who is my allie :D confusion works best

although guess I just stick to the older version.... its nostalgia why I play, anyways
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:15 by Star.Seeker »

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2016, 11:08 »
Screenshots from the game (moded).
I repeat: this is not my creation, I am just fixing it for DotA.

Click pictures to get their full scale. Open in new window if you want to inspect it with ease.

W3 intro:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Terrain problem (all over the map):
Spoiler for Hiden:

This rax need to go:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Trees problem:
Spoiler for Hiden:

There are 3 options to fix this:
1. Re-scaling the models (but it gives to much graphic detail and can give lag to slow computers)
2. Replacing with other trees (the ones from lordaeron, for example)
3. Replacing with the old ones

No Scourge Throne:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Wind at Sentinel racks:
-those rax need some rescaling
Spoiler for Hiden:

Wind fighting creeps:
-creeps rescaling (just a little bit)
Spoiler for Hiden:

Shops:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Some of the heroes that needs filepath fixing + Alche:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Kunka's ship:
(It may get a rescale, just a little bit)
Spoiler for Hiden:

Omni using ulti:
His heal is rlly cool but was to fast for printscreen
Spoiler for Hiden:

Reg rune buff:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Chieftain and his ulti:
He needs to get bigger
Spoiler for Hiden:

Little Axe:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Blood using skill:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Meepo:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Mirana moonfall:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Sylla:
needs rescaling
Spoiler for Hiden:

Lina spell animation:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Rylai ulti:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Tuskar:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Rylai with aura and aghanim:
-the snowflake under her is pulsating
Spoiler for Hiden:

Furion:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Lucifer:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Lina with aghanim:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Spectre:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Pudge:
-needs hook fixing
Spoiler for Hiden:

Razor:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Pudge with aghanim:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Thrall:
Spoiler for Hiden:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:23 by Renovatio »

Offline ClaraSchuman

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2016, 13:35 »

but i have one ask..

??? ???

It isn't a patch as the ones you think off. I just call it that way. It will replace 4 files from the game's directory. For deleting it you will only have to paste there the original 4 files that you will backup before instaling the "patch" (I dont think I will manage to make backups with the installer, it may be out of my league). Anyway, is simple to instal and delete, is just 4 files than needs replaced in W3 directory.

than ok.. 1+

Offline buldozer

• Pro Member
  • kuda ide ovaj svet ?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2016, 15:02 »
can be nice , but giff us 6.88 version then .
i vote for no change.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2016, 15:03 »
So this is just like that "warcraft 3 to dota 2" thingy, it's more of a theme than a "patch". Isnt this already out for those who want it?

Offline ClaraSchuman

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2016, 15:16 »
So this is just like that "warcraft 3 to dota 2" thingy, it's more of a theme than a "patch". Isnt this already out for those who want it?

u are rlly one big forum trol.  >:( :-\ :-\