Author Topic: Anyone miss the old visage?Or it is just me?  (Read 7275 times)

Offline LEEKING2005

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Anyone miss the old visage?Or it is just me?
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:30 »
I'm a dota player since 5.84c and had been playing this game on and off until today version. For me, the most unreasoning thing I've been encounter in this game is the complete skill set changing of visage.

They literally make a good summoner hero became a rubbish, and the reason behind it was beyond my wildest imagination. It used to be a great heroes that was unique and hard to master like Chen, now is just like another badly nerve hero that no one would pick in ap, rd or sd mode.

Let briefly talk about the new visage skill.

Grave chill - badly nerve since now only last for 3/4/5/6 and cding for 16/14/12/10 (it used to be debuff lasting for 10 sec on opponent and self buff lasting for 15 on visage with 23 sec cooldown) it is now a completely useless skill because it took roughly 1 sec for animation casting. You can get the idea how useless is it when you compare his core disable skill with dazzle 1st skill or spectra 1st skill.

Soul Assumption - probably his ulti in new version visage, only skill providing damage output bud sadly it was a passive skill with active usage which make it too hard to use if enemy timing their disable or saving skill correctly.(Old visage soul assumption used to be adding 40 attack to rightlick damage and healing 40 hp per attack)

Gravekeeper cloak - the most useless defensive skill in dota history (I used to thought radiance can perfectly counter this defensive skill, then i realize that urn of shadow can make this skill a shit, finally someone tell me orb of venom work as well... really ?! this shit worth 4 skill points? You cant just steal TA defensive skill, nerf it 70% and throw this shit to Visage) it used to be only passive skill of visage , with 28% damage reduction and deal the damage to aoe opponent hero.

Summon familiar - Arguably the most useless ulti on dota history, 160 cd to summon 2 66/108/164 damage familier, but it attack can only be use every 30 sec and it will be destroying by hero in 3 hit. So if you decide to farm neutral you can farm 2 creep at every 30 sec, thats how good the ulti of his hero. I found that in lv 1 ulti you literally need 1 minutes to farm 1 unstacked camp in forest (they literally just taking Karl's forged spirit and nerf it 70% and make it become visage ulti, or you can say it is taken from Chen 3rd skill and nerfed 70% as well). I found that i'm amazed how they replacing the armies of familier with this 2 complicate familiar wannabe and claiming it was original.
It is not that hard to figure out why this ulti is so useless, long cd so it cannot be use to farm and easy to kill plus give 150 gold per familiar so it is useless in killing. In old visage it used to be able to summoning 5/6/7 familiar with 15/25/35 attack, and 0 cd plus the familiar would give like 20 gold.

Visage and Chen were 1st batch of heroes I'm learning in 5.84c, but I don't think anyone would like to use Visage nowaday because of how broken it became. Please correct me if im wrong~

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Anyone miss the old visage?Or it is just me?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 19:43 »
I remember when all heroes used to have 30 base dmg.

Now they all have 40+ except Techies. Very unfair for Tech.

All heroes faced some changes from 5.84 to today's 6.88.
Some changes were smaller, some were role changing.

You are also comparing Guinsoon's hero with IceFrog's. Their vision was very different.

Signature by Rocka

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 20:12 »
Oh look at me, i'm an "old" player, let me find a good reason to tell that to everybody in order to feel like a special snow flake. Oh yes i can name a random dota hero and say it used to be better, what a genius, kys.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 20:21 »
Oh look at me, i'm an "old" player, let me find a good reason to tell that to everybody in order to feel like a special snow flake. Oh yes i can name a random dota hero and say it used to be better, what a genius, kys.

You are a true histerik, Jean, rlly. I'm not trying to offend you, I kinda like your style but, mate, you rlly need some psychological adjustments...
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline grga_man

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: Star_scream
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 20:41 »
i didnt play 5.84c version, and i dont know how old visage looks, but visage in nowadays is good for me.
Maybe lot of players wont to play with him because they are afraid of failure with that hero and if they played once and lose that game, they wont play with him anymore because they are thinking he is stupid, but actually they didnt understand skills and abilites of visage.
Btw. most players will play with slark, legi, tiny... because its easy to win not to have fun...
im good with visage, i have been playing with him about 3-4 times and i learned that he is good hero, just need to learn his spells and movement of that hero.
It's my oppinion :)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 21:28 »
I miss the days when Terrorblade had pugna's ulty as a basic ability + it wasn't channeling skill...

Signature by Rocka

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 03:08 »
Old visage was imba, he was a walking fountain, and if I recall correctly autobanned in competitive leagues :)
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

guest49825

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 08:45 »
I miss the days when there was no dota in my life

Offline maciekg9-slaveofBart

• WickedSick Member
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 09:08 »
Oh look im oldschool player i am so cool oldschool heroes rules ftw im above all of u i need special treatment beside that i am meaningless virgin attention seeking  faggot

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 17:57 »
visage is a shit hero, always has been
at times it was ok, never good

Offline iNevermore

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 20:42 »

common is a shit player, always been
at times hes ok, never good
Deal with it B)

Offline Blast

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • A normal life is boring
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Forum staff member [RARE] 3rd place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3rd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 20:55 »
You're not alone Deer  :'(

Offline crazymurderer

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • chin choppa chin choppaa
  • Awards Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 21:16 »

well you made me cry bratan
#respect

Offline LEEKING2005

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 16:50 »

Just because you never learn that hero doesn't mean it was shitty, he used to had the current Mercurial 3rd skill before it was nerve (which is 28% damage reflecting,regardless of range and go through bkb).

i didnt play 5.84c version, and i dont know how old visage looks, but visage in nowadays is good for me.
Maybe lot of players wont to play with him because they are afraid of failure with that hero and if they played once and lose that game, they wont play with him anymore because they are thinking he is stupid, but actually they didnt understand skills and abilites of visage.
Btw. most players will play with slark, legi, tiny... because its easy to win not to have fun...
im good with visage, i have been playing with him about 3-4 times and i learned that he is good hero, just need to learn his spells and movement of that hero.
It's my oppinion :)

They wont pick visage is not because they afraid of failure, but because it had broken skill and unfair to his team-mate by picking this rubbish.

A single attack hero with low hp, low movespeed, low base armor, low base magic resistant, broken defensive skill, broken ultimate, no farming ability, no disable, ...etc doesn't make it a fun hero, nor a creative one, it just make it broken hero.

Old visage was imba, he was a walking fountain, and if I recall correctly autobanned in competitive leagues :)

That can be help, Mercurial, faceless, invoker and a tons of heroes was very op when they were 1st introduced.

I'm just saying why change it to the current broken state of visage? I see nothing wrong with old visage 1st, 2nd  and ultimate skill, just his 3rd skill (which had been nerved and stolen by Mercurial currently) need some amendment. If they decided to make a broken hero with completely retarded skillset they might just delete this heroes.

I remember when all heroes used to have 30 base dmg.

Now they all have 40+ except Techies. Very unfair for Tech.

All heroes faced some changes from 5.84 to today's 6.88.
Some changes were smaller, some were role changing.

You are also comparing Guinsoon's hero with IceFrog's. Their vision was very different.

it is not that old, until 6.12b visage is still old visage, just his 1st skill from 40% became 28%, 2nd skill changed a little and 3rd skill became aoe heal instead of aoe damage. I'm not really a fan of 5.84c myself cause it still had many broken heroes and item back then, 6.0x is the best when it still be able to purchase aegis and divine.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 17:20 by LEEKING2005 »

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 17:23 »
Yes, until 6.12. In other words, until IceFrog got in charge, it was still old (probably Guisoo's) hero.

And that is my point. Guinsoo was collecting and introducing new stuff while IceFrog was focusing on balacing.

You can find more heroes or skills that got nerfed a lot.
I could complain that Void used to have global 2.5 seconds long stun that affected building as well.
Now the spell has 425 radius while it used to affect area of 15000 x 15000 units. Lame ability, isn't it?

Signature by Rocka