Author Topic: CAN YOU FUCKING FIX THIS ALREADY ?  (Read 5758 times)

Offline ClaraSchuman

• “Behind every successful fortune there is a crime"
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • “Never let anyone know what you are thinking.”
  • Server Account: ClaraShuman
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • “A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.”
    • Awards
Re: CAN YOU FUCKING FIX THIS ALREADY ?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 12:58 »
A 2 YEAR OLD COULD CREATE A BETTER POINT SYSTEM THAN THIS ONE

IT IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR A 50%/50% GAME TO AWARD 0 PSR AT WIN AND 0 PSR AT LOSS, AND THE SAME GAME WITH THE SAME PLAYERS REARRANGED FOR 88%/12% TO AWARD +1 AT WIN FOR THE 88%

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE

CEN SHOULD ASK HIMSELF HOW MANY PLAYERS DOES HE EXPECT TO HAVE IN 1 MONTH FROM NOW, 2 MONTHS FROM NOW, AND SO ON, IF HE DOES NOTHING TO RECTIFY HUGE MISTAKES AND IMPROVE THINGS

THE ANSWER IS 0

IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT, THEN SO BE IT

CLOSE THIS THREAD, AND ENJOY YOUR SERVER'S SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH

GOODBYE

Anger won’t solve anything. Remember that there will always be tournaments for those with higher PSR, they get the most out of the rewards. I appreciate your concerns on the PSR problem, having a few "high" ranked players active it is a problem indeed to rise up the ladder because other ones aren’t as active.

Kind Regards,
Hagarath

rep+ u are right my friend..  :)
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse..
Great men are not born great, they grow great..”

“Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold..”

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 13:24 »
1. I did not code the current PSR system.
2. PSR code is 400 lines of code and works by ELO rating https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system. Which is supposedly a fair system because a lot of serious games use it.
3. That being said, I did some calculations and online ELO calculators were showing that you should get more +/- in the ELO system. But in our bots there is an interesting twist added:

if(distancefromteamavgpsr > 100 )
   distancefromteamavgpsr = 100;

if( distancefromteamavgpsr > 0 && distancefromteamavgpsr <= 100 )
{
   double implayingwithnewbiesfactor = ( 100.0 - distancefromteamavgpsr ) / 100;
   m_team1kfactors = implayingwithnewbiesfactor * m_team1kfactors;
}

This is a safety mechanism which mun? added so top rated players can't abuse the system. The more you differ from the average the more you will get fucked by lowering your K factor. In fact, if the difference is >100 your K factor will drop to almost 0.

Without this mechanism you can calculate what you would actually get: http://ratings.fide.com/calculator_rtd.phtml (K=20, opponent 1637) which turns out to be 4.4.

And now I guess we can start a holy war if this is fair or not. Some will say this is good so top players can't farm on lowskills, others will say that it's hard to find top opponents in a game anyway and you can't get any points once you get a high rating. I'm sure this was probably discussed somewhere in private forums when it was added (or maybe not, I don't have time to dig it up).

Defining na minimum K factor (so it can't drop below a certain number) would probably be a good solution. Probably K=10 since that is used for professionals in chess. Based on online calculator that would be +2.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 13:29 by cen »

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 13:45 »
1. I did not code the current PSR system.
2. PSR code is 400 lines of code and works by ELO rating https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system. Which is supposedly a fair system because a lot of serious games use it.
3. That being said, I did some calculations and online ELO calculators were showing that you should get more +/- in the ELO system. But in our bots there is an interesting twist added:

if(distancefromteamavgpsr > 100 )
   distancefromteamavgpsr = 100;

if( distancefromteamavgpsr > 0 && distancefromteamavgpsr <= 100 )
{
   double implayingwithnewbiesfactor = ( 100.0 - distancefromteamavgpsr ) / 100;
   m_team1kfactors = implayingwithnewbiesfactor * m_team1kfactors;
}

This is a safety mechanism which mun? added so top rated players can't abuse the system. The more you differ from the average the more you will get fucked by lowering your K factor. In fact, if the difference is >100 your K factor will drop to almost 0.

Without this mechanism you can calculate what you would actually get: http://ratings.fide.com/calculator_rtd.phtml (K=20, opponent 1637) which turns out to be 4.4.

And now I guess we can start a holy war if this is fair or not. Some will say this is good so top players can't farm on lowskills, others will say that it's hard to find top opponents in a game anyway and you can't get any points once you get a high rating. I'm sure this was probably discussed somewhere in private forums when it was added (or maybe not, I don't have time to dig it up).

Defining na minimum K factor (so it can't drop below a certain number) would probably be a good solution. Probably K=10 since that is used for professionals in chess. Based on online calculator that would be +2.
This system is used for chess, chess is a 1v1 last I checked and not a 5v5 game.

Here you have !balance command, which takes into account the psr of everyone and balances the game.

That means if you have 1800 and all enemies have 1700 and if it's 50/50 balance, then allies of the 1800 will overall have less psr than the enemies, so that "top player feeds on lowskill" is valid for the others too not just the 1800, the 1700's are going to feed on the lowskill allies of the 1800 too because the allies of the 1800 are far worse than them.

So, taking that into account, how does it make any sense for it to be +0 in a 50/50 game ? No matter how high or low your psr is, if it's 50/50 that means the others in your team compensate for you being high/low by being low/high themselves.

So that +0 condition created and added by whoever, makes absolutely no sense, do you understand ?
This is a real problem and it must be fixed ...

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 13:59 »
50/50 does not really matter, the output of that is deceiving. As you can see from my post, even if it's 50/50 it still calculates the factors based on your PSR in comparison to average. So if you are 100+ points above average in current system it will lower you.

I am willing to minimize this punishment as I already said, I think it's fair. Current ELO uses too small K factors which is wrong. There must be a reason why chess uses 10 as minimum.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 14:02 by cen »

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 18:14 »
I think this could be done next week. Will update with more info.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 00:02 »
I think this could be done next week. Will update with more info.
That's good to hear, it's really sad to not be able to play games at all almost all day because it's +0 no matter what, only from like 18:00 til like 22:00 there is chance for 1650+ games, 1600+ games are +0 now and even some 1650+ games are +0. :D

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 02:52 »
1. Give 1000 psr to everyone on the server except Common.
2. +0 -0 solved
3. Profit
xD
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 06:18 »
1. Give 1000 psr to everyone on the server except Common.
2. +0 -0 solved
3. Profit
xD
In like 1 week they'd be back where they started and I'd still be stuck with +0 -0 cuz no one near me again :(

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2016, 23:20 »
We will have a maintenance this weekend either early in the morning or late at night to patch the bots.