Author Topic: HELLO, FIX THIS FUCKING BUG.  (Read 16779 times)

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HELLO, FIX THIS FUCKING BUG.
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2016, 14:04 »
Lagi is right, due to the lack of players, you are experiencing this 'problem'.
Setting 1 PSR as minimun gain will cause more problems than it will actually help (like we expirienced in the past)

@deer Stacking is for frightened pussies  ;D

guest49825

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 14:10 »
i know, lel
my option is
d) You deer
there

stacks are only good here for getting fun from playing games with some friends that can really make you mood better by random joke-builds, deer-jokes and funny ingame chatting;

Offline AGENT

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • DODJI UKLJUCI !!!
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 20 Daily Tours [EPIC] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Challenge Accepted [RARE] Deer Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 14:13 »
Go implement ranking system like in doto 2 :D

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 14:19 »
to all boring posts above me who are repeating the same shit over and over again

guest49825

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 14:21 »
to all boring posts above me who are repeating the same shit over and over again

Deer deer?

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 14:23 »

Deer deer?

Deer deering deered deer, deering deer, deer deered. Deer???? Deer!!!!??? DEER!!!

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2016, 16:54 »
Exactly. There are very few players left, so you should ADAPT and get rid of the fucking +0/-0 because playing 1700+ game or even 1600+ game for your info is impossible in under an entire fucking hour of hosting at some times.

And fuck your ' ' around the word problem, because it is a real problem.
How would you like it if when you win at betting instead of the 1000$ you were supposed to win you get +0$ instead ? Would that be a 'problem' for you or a problem ?
Next time when you see 50/50 balance (identical average PSR), and +1/-0 gain/loss, think twice before starting the game. Its either +1/-1 or +0/-0.
Do you even read what others write ?
Why do I even bother talking to you, you just keep saying the same thing and ignoring everyone.

People are getting +0 for wins and -0 for losses and your solution is "go host for 10 hours til you get 1700+ players before you start a game, that will solve the problem" instead of solving the problem directly by coding it so it's at least +1 every game and at least -1 every game. Lmfao.
Well It was tried before, and turned out as a fail. With current system ppl come to forum because the +0-0 problem appearently, when we had that minimum psr/win thing active, ppl came to argue about abusing it with stacks.
In case someone does not remember, ppl were crying and flaming because some top players were playing with their top player friends 99%/1% balance games, raping 1400 players and finishing games in 20 mins to gain psr. So if someone really cares about psr, he will not like it at all and everyone will "throw their fucks" to each other on forum, but if someone don't cares about psr at all, he won't give a fuck about +0 either.
So everything generates a problem. If we would have a really huge amount of players, there wouldn't be problem with current system cause there would be significantly less "wait time" for a higher psr, more balanced game, for actual psr winnings, but we all know that will never happen anymore.(i mean the huge amount of players here).

So after all these my advice is simply play it for fun, and don't care about +0 psr for winning/get over it already. Srsly if there would be some minimum psr it wouldn't be better at all, and there would be whining threads daily again and won't be better at all.

P.S After 2 pages of comments I'm not sure if it serious or just a trolling thread as I thought on the first look :D
For your info that shit with 99%/1% still exists, I tested it out at some point, 50%/50% balanced game +0/-0, then 90%/10% and while in the 90% I had +1/-0.
That is the real problem, the fact that the system is fucked up and screws up at that point.

Of course it should be +0 if you have 90% (AND IT ISN'T ATM, IT'S +1, MAYBE FIX THIS TOO ALREADY ???), but why should it be +0 if you have 50% ?????
So that abuse you're talking about, and the "problems" that lexsomething refers to ARE STILL PRESENT EVEN NOW, so changing to +1/-1 wouldn't add more problems at all, since they already STILL exist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So to fix everything, just fucking change it to at least +1/-1 when its 50%/5%0 til like 60%/40% 40%/60% and still +0 when more than 60%/40%. I am certain it wouldn't take more than 30 seconds if you knew exactly where to look to change it this way, absolutely, 100% certain it would take less than fucking 30 seconds to fix this shit.

Edit: Monax would probably do it in under 15 seconds.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 17:01 by CoMMoN1337 »

Offline buldozer

• Pro Member
  • kuda ide ovaj svet ?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2016, 17:19 »
Ye some of mods or admins explain this 90%/10% +1/-0 bug?

When cen retired let vote for deer for new boss of la.

Offline Asandir

• Kingmaker
  • Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Member of the Fellowship of Seven
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2016, 17:25 »
The minimum +5/-5 system was implemented for a short time, and it was nice. The only problem it had, was that it applied to easy mode games  and literally any psr difference and some ppl abused it pretty hard. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
(wp Saric for winning a season by hosting apem noob games and pwning them with bloodseeker spam wp)
So this system was alive for 1-2 months maybe, then it was changed back to what we have atm. This shows it shouldn't be that hard to code or whatever. All it needs is some fine tuning, maybe make it minimum +1/-1 and have that number increased based on the difference of the player's psr from the average.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2016, 18:37 »
If I remember correctly, Commy, haven't you said many times that PSR is irrelevant as everybody are noobs?
Haven't you said that skill difference between, for example, 1400 and 1800 is unnoticeable compared to you?
Haven't you said that you give zero fucks about some lil ladder as your skill is superior to everyone else's?
Haven't you said that DotA 2 is faster and better with actually decent players (at least compared to LA.com's players)?

I believe you have.

Then why do you care whether get 1 point or not?

Signature by Rocka

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 19:13 »
If I remember correctly, Commy, haven't you said many times that PSR is irrelevant as everybody are noobs?
Haven't you said that skill difference between, for example, 1400 and 1800 is unnoticeable compared to you?
Haven't you said that you give zero fucks about some lil ladder as your skill is superior to everyone else's?
Haven't you said that DotA 2 is faster and better with actually decent players (at least compared to LA.com's players)?

I believe you have.

Then why do you care whether get 1 point or not?
What I say and what I care about have absolutely nothing to do with fixing a fucking problem that this system has.

Try to stay on topic, here in lagabuse.com we like to refrain from off topic posts. Thank you.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2016, 20:27 »
How come?

You actually are talking about the problem.

Signature by Rocka

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2016, 22:05 »
How come?

You actually are talking about the problem.
I suffered some brain ddos attack it seems, nevermind.
The minimum +5/-5 system was implemented for a short time, and it was nice. The only problem it had, was that it applied to easy mode games  and literally any psr difference and some ppl abused it pretty hard. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
(wp Saric for winning a season by hosting apem noob games and pwning them with bloodseeker spam wp)
So this system was alive for 1-2 months maybe, then it was changed back to what we have atm. This shows it shouldn't be that hard to code or whatever. All it needs is some fine tuning, maybe make it minimum +1/-1 and have that number increased based on the difference of the player's psr from the average.
Exactly, it should be no issue at all to fix it.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2016, 22:42 »
 ;D ;D ;D
Happens

Signature by Rocka

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2016, 20:57 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Exactly. There are very few players left, so you should ADAPT and get rid of the fucking +0/-0 because playing 1700+ game or even 1600+ game for your info is impossible in under an entire fucking hour of hosting at some times.

And fuck your ' ' around the word problem, because it is a real problem.
How would you like it if when you win at betting instead of the 1000$ you were supposed to win you get +0$ instead ? Would that be a 'problem' for you or a problem ?
Next time when you see 50/50 balance (identical average PSR), and +1/-0 gain/loss, think twice before starting the game. Its either +1/-1 or +0/-0.
Do you even read what others write ?
Why do I even bother talking to you, you just keep saying the same thing and ignoring everyone.

People are getting +0 for wins and -0 for losses and your solution is "go host for 10 hours til you get 1700+ players before you start a game, that will solve the problem" instead of solving the problem directly by coding it so it's at least +1 every game and at least -1 every game. Lmfao.
Well It was tried before, and turned out as a fail. With current system ppl come to forum because the +0-0 problem appearently, when we had that minimum psr/win thing active, ppl came to argue about abusing it with stacks.
In case someone does not remember, ppl were crying and flaming because some top players were playing with their top player friends 99%/1% balance games, raping 1400 players and finishing games in 20 mins to gain psr. So if someone really cares about psr, he will not like it at all and everyone will "throw their fucks" to each other on forum, but if someone don't cares about psr at all, he won't give a fuck about +0 either.
So everything generates a problem. If we would have a really huge amount of players, there wouldn't be problem with current system cause there would be significantly less "wait time" for a higher psr, more balanced game, for actual psr winnings, but we all know that will never happen anymore.(i mean the huge amount of players here).

So after all these my advice is simply play it for fun, and don't care about +0 psr for winning/get over it already. Srsly if there would be some minimum psr it wouldn't be better at all, and there would be whining threads daily again and won't be better at all.

P.S After 2 pages of comments I'm not sure if it serious or just a trolling thread as I thought on the first look :D
For your info that shit with 99%/1% still exists, I tested it out at some point, 50%/50% balanced game +0/-0, then 90%/10% and while in the 90% I had +1/-0.
That is the real problem, the fact that the system is fucked up and screws up at that point.

Of course it should be +0 if you have 90% (AND IT ISN'T ATM, IT'S +1, MAYBE FIX THIS TOO ALREADY ???), but why should it be +0 if you have 50% ?????
So that abuse you're talking about, and the "problems" that lexsomething refers to ARE STILL PRESENT EVEN NOW, so changing to +1/-1 wouldn't add more problems at all, since they already STILL exist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So to fix everything, just fucking change it to at least +1/-1 when its 50%/5%0 til like 60%/40% 40%/60% and still +0 when more than 60%/40%. I am certain it wouldn't take more than 30 seconds if you knew exactly where to look to change it this way, absolutely, 100% certain it would take less than fucking 30 seconds to fix this shit.

Edit: Monax would probably do it in under 15 seconds.
Well that weird +1 -0 with is a misery have no idea what does it, probably a malfunction in the algorythm ofc.
Maybe +1 -1 for a minimum can work, or the fixed amount like in d2, but then cen must implement a code that doesn't let start a game with some 40-60 maximum balance difference, cause of the abuse again, and even with it, because of the low amount of players you will reach a point after some time, where you will experience the same long wait times, thats just simply unavoidable.
Whatever since I'm not active as player here anymore I'm out of this topic :) Good luck finding a solution, hope you can.
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.