Author Topic: Builds that make you want to ALT + Q + Q  (Read 9692 times)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Builds that make you want to ALT + Q + Q
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 09:20 »
Lothar's, as much as I dislike invis stuff, can be usefull. As others mentioned, it provides more than invisibility. Plus it can be upgraded into Silver Edge.
Does W3 DotA has this item?

Aghanim on Huskar can be good choice. Increases dmg from 35% to 65% and decreases cd to 4 seconds.
In W3 DotA the Life Break does 50% w/o Agha, right?

Radiance on BS is still good, just won't heal him "permanently".
It also will help whole team, as affected heroes has 17% to miss. In DotA 2.

And Aghanim for OD? Why not? It places all affected heroes Astral Imprisonment and damages them in D2.

Ahh, fuck it. Why am I in this discussion about stuff that was good or bad in old versions? :D

Signature by Rocka

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 11:28 »
Lothar's, as much as I dislike invis stuff, can be usefull. As others mentioned, it provides more than invisibility. Plus it can be upgraded into Silver Edge.
Does W3 DotA has this item?

Aghanim on Huskar can be good choice. Increases dmg from 35% to 65% and decreases cd to 4 seconds.
In W3 DotA the Life Break does 50% w/o Agha, right?

Radiance on BS is still good, just won't heal him "permanently".
It also will help whole team, as affected heroes has 17% to miss. In DotA 2.

And Aghanim for OD? Why not? It places all affected heroes Astral Imprisonment and damages them in D2.

Ahh, fuck it. Why am I in this discussion about stuff that was good or bad in old versions? :D

The point is, the builds are fine, in DOTA 2.
But once again, this is still 6.83d not 6.86 :P
More easy it would be to understand the Morse code than this guys English !
i see commy's mom in the voting options, i vote.

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 11:29 »
Why are u even discussion obvious stuff, cant u realize that this guy's brain has been absubed by using mh

There is no rule book in dota, items and skill build should be done according to the situation u are in most of the time.

Kinda true, About the second part tho. The first part might be you.

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 11:31 »
Basically a thread with the most retarded/random pub builds which work in like only one case and fail in 99 other cases.
Example:
Vladmirs Vanguard Basher Anti-Mage, fuck Battlefury no one needs that.
Lothars on any agility carry, even against a Slardar.
No Blink Dagger Magnus.
Orb Effect Ursa, usually Madness, we don't have that DOTA 2 update here so his swipes are an orb effect, hence why people go for Vladmirs which is a lifesteal aura instead of an orb effect.
Aghanims Huskar. No. Just no. Fuck the cooldown decrease, its fucking pointless considering all the good items you can pick.
Radiance Bloodseeker. This build is already old, why don't you google up the DOTA 2 builds, Bloodseeker got a remake, you don't have a permanent Blood Bath now.
Cliff Jungling Furion and then going MAX Dagon. Really, if you want to have a better time jungling with this hero, I am planning on making a guide for Dota 6.83d and I will release it, might take a month or so, but you will be jungling faster than just TPing on one of the damn cliffs and going afk, eventually getting ganked and calling your teammates retards.

Anyone got some other builds that piss them off?

Vanguard on AM is good sometimes, since there are moments where blink+3rd spell wont help you survive (versus some physical dmg rapists), and Vanguard makes you very hard to kill at that point. About vlads+vg+basher, well, if you skip the vlads so early, it's decent build. Ofc vlads can be useful also sometimes, so I disagree about this build being ''fail". It's just not effective as bfury, but your team (and your opponents) sometimes wont allow you to farm with 700hp till min ~20.

Lothars on any agility carry - Why not? Cause there are items 180/200gold which reveal you? So what? Lothar is mainly used to ''initiate'' a gank, therefore dust won't help them much, which leaves just sentries, which is a problem obviously. But let's look at the good sides of loth: 30% AS (it's not so irrelevant at all), decent escape/chase mechanism, and most important, it makes you unpredictable. You can gank anyone, anywhere. No one on map will feel safe to farm woods/lane while you have lothar, unless they got sentry ward somewhere close, and considering the fact that sentries last just few minutes, it's a big pain in the ass for the opponent if some mid-game agility rapist takes fast lothar (SF for instance). So, lothar is not a fail on a carry. Problem is that pubbers just cant use it properly, since they think it makes em immortal.

No dagger Magnus - Obviously you never played against some heavy dps'ers like veno/appa/sniper's shrapnel/zeus/etc who disable your dagger easily, and make you useless running-around cunt who cant use ulti properly. As commy mentioned, sometimes auras n stuff can help you alot instead of simple dagger, and ofc you shouldnt forget the force staff. So, in like 80% of games dagger is good choice, but sometimes it is just better to get smth else.

About ursa, as far as I know, swipes are no longer orb effect. Madness ain't working with ulti tho, but other orbs should work just fine I think, correct me if i'm wrong, since I didn't play ursa for a while.

Radi BS and scepter Husk - well, it is true that there are usually better items, but depends on game.

Cliff jungling Furion is decent. Why? Cause you farm without wasting ANY mana/hp. Which makes you always ready for a gank. Also, you are taking just one camp, so it leaves space for your teammates if they want to do smth in woods (stack, farm, pull). About you being gankable, well, you always have 2 cliffs, where the Sentinel one requires a bit more "skill" for proper farming. About maxing dagon, well, fail 97% of time  :D

Therefore, almost everything you mentioned isn't so bad actually, there are often better solutions, but you can't say this is some huge fail. I'll tell you some huge fails:

- PL/AM or pretty much every agi hero, going first item vladimirs

- Slardar (or some other similar hero) going dagger without boots or anything

- Rushing radiance without boots, or anything

- Alche midas

- Obsi scepter

- Lich/CM arcane

And much more... ofc even some of these i've mentioned can be good in some games, like lich arcane for team if really needed, or rushing radiance if your team tactics rely on it.. everything in this game is optional, and any item can do decent, if used properly. Except fckin midas alche, it's damn 3 creeps with his passive  :D But well, it can be used for some nice exp burst (usage on high-lvl neutrals), so... Everything is optional, and hugely depends on opponents/teammates/game itself

How often do you see people pick supports and actually support in pubs instead of farming like a late game hard carry and then just throwing an ultimate with an aghanims/orchid ?

Offline Asandir

• Kingmaker
  • Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Member of the Fellowship of Seven
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 11:38 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Basically a thread with the most retarded/random pub builds which work in like only one case and fail in 99 other cases.
Example:
No Blink Dagger Magnus.
Orb Effect Ursa, usually Madness, we don't have that DOTA 2 update here so his swipes are an orb effect, hence why people go for Vladmirs which is a lifesteal aura instead of an orb effect.
Aghanims Huskar. No. Just no. Fuck the cooldown decrease, its fucking pointless considering all the good items you can pick.
Radiance Bloodseeker. This build is already old, why don't you google up the DOTA 2 builds, Bloodseeker got a remake, you don't have a permanent Blood Bath now.
Cliff Jungling Furion and then going MAX Dagon. Really, if you want to have a better time jungling with this hero, I am planning on making a guide for Dota 6.83d and I will release it, might take a month or so, but you will be jungling faster than just TPing on one of the damn cliffs and going afk, eventually getting ganked and calling your teammates retards.

Vanguard on AM is good sometimes, since there are moments where blink+3rd spell wont help you survive (versus some physical dmg rapists), and Vanguard makes you very hard to kill at that point. About vlads+vg+basher, well, if you skip the vlads so early, it's decent build. Ofc vlads can be useful also sometimes, so I disagree about this build being ''fail". It's just not effective as bfury, but your team (and your opponents) sometimes wont allow you to farm with 700hp till min ~20.

Lothars on any agility carry - Why not? Cause there are items 180/200gold which reveal you? So what? Lothar is mainly used to ''initiate'' a gank, therefore dust won't help them much, which leaves just sentries, which is a problem obviously. But let's look at the good sides of loth: 30% AS (it's not so irrelevant at all), decent escape/chase mechanism, and most important, it makes you unpredictable. You can gank anyone, anywhere. No one on map will feel safe to farm woods/lane while you have lothar, unless they got sentry ward somewhere close, and considering the fact that sentries last just few minutes, it's a big pain in the ass for the opponent if some mid-game agility rapist takes fast lothar (SF for instance). So, lothar is not a fail on a carry. Problem is that pubbers just cant use it properly, since they think it makes em immortal.

No dagger Magnus - Obviously you never played against some heavy dps'ers like veno/appa/sniper's shrapnel/zeus/etc who disable your dagger easily, and make you useless running-around cunt who cant use ulti properly. As commy mentioned, sometimes auras n stuff can help you alot instead of simple dagger, and ofc you shouldnt forget the force staff. So, in like 80% of games dagger is good choice, but sometimes it is just better to get smth else.

About ursa, as far as I know, swipes are no longer orb effect. Madness ain't working with ulti tho, but other orbs should work just fine I think, correct me if i'm wrong, since I didn't play ursa for a while.

Radi BS and scepter Husk - well, it is true that there are usually better items, but depends on game.

Cliff jungling Furion is decent. Why? Cause you farm without wasting ANY mana/hp. Which makes you always ready for a gank. Also, you are taking just one camp, so it leaves space for your teammates if they want to do smth in woods (stack, farm, pull). About you being gankable, well, you always have 2 cliffs, where the Sentinel one requires a bit more "skill" for proper farming. About maxing dagon, well, fail 97% of time  :D

Therefore, almost everything you mentioned isn't so bad actually, there are often better solutions, but you can't say this is some huge fail. I'll tell you some huge fails:

- Alche midas

- Obsi scepter

- Lich/CM arcane

And much more... ofc even some of these i've mentioned can be good in some games, like lich arcane for team if really needed, or rushing radiance if your team tactics rely on it.. everything in this game is optional, and any item can do decent, if used properly. Except fckin midas alche, it's damn 3 creeps with his passive  :D But well, it can be used for some nice exp burst (usage on high-lvl neutrals), so... Everything is optional, and hugely depends on opponents/teammates/game itself
How often do you see people pick supports and actually support in pubs instead of farming like a late game hard carry and then just throwing an ultimate with an aghanims/orchid ?

Every game.

-Tidehunter Vanguard - the dream.
-PA Buriza
-Nerub Assassin with dagon 5 and arcane boots, nothing else - I mean, it can work, but fails 90% of the time.
-Gyrocopter Lothar+Arcane boots+Aghanim's Scepter  / maxing homing missile first

EDIT: spoiler
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 11:41 by Asandir »

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 11:48 »
I heard rumours saying that iplayqwerty is the only supporter in eurobattle.net

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 11:49 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Example:
No Blink Dagger Magnus.

- Alche midas

- Obsi scepter

- Lich/CM arcane

Every game.

-PA Buriza
-Nerub Assassin with dagon 5 and arcane boots, nothing else - I mean, it can work, but fails 90% of the time.
-Gyrocopter Lothar+Arcane boots+Aghanim's Scepter  / maxing homing missile first

Smells like bullshit, or either you are 1750+.
Do they legitimately buy wards/smoke, rotate around the map, pull and don't fuck up your creeps on the lane?

Offline Asandir

• Kingmaker
  • Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Member of the Fellowship of Seven
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 11:53 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Example:
No Blink Dagger Magnus.

- Alche midas

- Obsi scepter

- Lich/CM arcane

Every game.

-PA Buriza

Smells like bullshit, or either you are 1750+.
Do they legitimately buy wards/smoke, rotate around the map, pull and don't fuck up your creeps on the lane?

Well, i mostly play Dota 2, and at my level we pick supports, and support the proper way, because people actually want to win, and are not focusing on trashtalking and flaming, like most of the people do here. And when i play here, either i'm supporting or qwerty or both of us, so yeah every game.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 11:59 »
Asandeer you should join us for some dotos these days, our gayhood with commy, qwerty etc. has reunited just like the good ol times

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 12:10 »
He played dude, like 3 days ago, he will come more.

Offline iNevermore

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2016, 12:11 »
Lol, 3k party  :D
Deal with it B)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2016, 12:13 »
give me your steam id right fucking now so i can see your mmr kid cuz ur rly pissing me off, and then if you want, we can play 100 games in any way you want and i will beat you every single time without u even killing me once in any game, and if u refuse you should know that every single time i see you wrote a post, i will ignore everything u sya and i wlil see this :
I'M A RETARD XD
either come and fight or go fuck urself cuz no one cares what u say if all u do is talk, noobs are not allowed to speak

Offline Nexxus

• dota expert analytics department
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2016, 12:33 »
is this salt i smell? i suppose dean and sam are coming to town

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2016, 13:48 »

3k party is where ppl dont go BKB on SF against a lion, rhasta and lina, cos obviously linkens gives more hp so its better right?

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2016, 13:58 »
yes cuz lina burns your stupid mh ass with her ulti+agha