Author Topic: Error! help  (Read 2226 times)

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
Re: Error! help
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 17:35 »
Not really. I think one possible cause could be overheating, because:
1. You get no BSOD
2. It fails to restart for some time (a few minutes I guess?) because it needs to cool down

That's all I can think of. I'd try to run unigine in a loop for 30min and monitor the system temps, CPU and GPU (with GPUZ).

Besides this I don't really have any other ideas.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 20:31 »
As cen said in point 2, failing to restart could be caused by overheated HW that needs to be cooled down.

Also the odd sound from HDD can be caused by the restart or sudden power going off.
HDDs have some plates (I'm not sure if this is the right English word) where the data is written/stored and above it, like very very close, there's a reading/writing head.
The head must never touch the plate so modern HDDs have this parking technology - when the power goes off, the head is quickly moved from above the plate so it cannot damage it. It does this "click" sound.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 23:05 »
You should put in your windows cd, lod it in, go to repair section's command prompt and run chkdsk c: /R

c: is of course your system partition's letter, can be different.
This check and repair file system errors, and most likely your windows will be able to boot again.

If it's your gpu overheating or anything than it won't really help, but doesn't harm either so i would give it a try. Corrupted file system is a pain in the ass and can cause shitloads of different failures.
Good luck :)
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline 811

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 14:11 »
Thank you all for your replies.

Offline Lagi

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2016, 14:34 »
As cen said in point 2, failing to restart could be caused by overheated HW that needs to be cooled down.

Also the odd sound from HDD can be caused by the restart or sudden power going off.
HDDs have some plates (I'm not sure if this is the right English word) where the data is written/stored and above it, like very very close, there's a reading/writing head.
The head must never touch the plate so modern HDDs have this parking technology - when the power goes off, the head is quickly moved from above the plate so it cannot damage it. It does this "click" sound.
The word you are looking for is cluster btw :)
The best thing i did with my pc in the last years was to switch from HDD to SSD. Lightspeed, no mechanical/moving parts to fail etc... It's just smth incompareably better technology. I had soooo many problems and and hard times on the sucker roller with my hdd back in time. :)

Thank you all for your replies.

Here are the sounds btw that I talk about to search.
This one is a mechanical failure hdd. The spin drive start/stop sound.

And this one is the click sound when you run on a bad sector.

If you have one of these coming from your hard drive, I have bad news for you.
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Offline XCens

• Global Forum moderator
  • My Dear
  • Awards Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2016, 16:11 »
if u get freezing on screen u should format your pc put windows xp becouse your card and your specs are to low
what windows do you have which version?

Offline XCens

• Global Forum moderator
  • My Dear
  • Awards Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2016, 16:12 »
if u get freezing on screen u should format your pc put windows xp becouse your card and your specs are to low
what windows do you have which version same problem for me i have same old pc i was watcing movie from media player and it's freezing little bit becouse i have windows 7

Offline Lagi

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2016, 16:23 »
what windows do you have which version?
He already wrote it on the first page, and it's totally not the case :)

Windows 7 ultimate x64 SP 1

Intel core2 Duo CPU E 6750 @ 2.66 ghz

4 gb ram

NVIDIA Geforce GT 430

This spec is way more than enough for a win7
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Offline XCens