Author Topic: ban flamer  (Read 321 times)

Offline shadowww

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ban flamer
« on: March 01, 2016, 00:03 »
I never said a word to him or anyone else.

Joined his game, and left before it started, as I didn't like how he arranged teams.

Then he flames me on whisper.

I think there is no room for such behaviour on gaming server. Or at least shouldn't be.

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ban flamer
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 00:30 »
Someone is irritating you via /whisper? This is how you can report problematic players which insult or harass you via whispers:

A)
1. Always use command /time when it happen, then use PrintScreenSysRq button on your keyboard - depends on keyboard it may be Print Screen or Prt Sc Sys Rq or something like that
2. Search for screenshot. On my PC i can find it on
D:\Program Files\Warcraft III Frozen Throne ..\Screenshots
3. To open screenshots you need some program like Photoshop - in my case i use for it old CS2
4. How to edit format and to prepare image for upload:
It is very simple to do. Maybe it will look for you like it is on very low quality, but thats not truth, just go File/Save for Web/Save/...
Now what is important to know - always place image in JPG/JPEG quality and save to desktop
5. Upload image as attachment - before that read above how to post a ban request
Example - How to upload image as attachment http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=164546.0

B)
There is difference between whispers in game, lobby and channel.
1. /whisper in game
When you are in game, link of the game can prove when /whisper happened, so we strongly recommend from you to always use command /time and to post image as attachment in request with link of the game. Link of the game is not necessary, but it can take longer time for us to solve that request and for you can be annoying to answer on our questions about that game if situation require that. We want to see whole conversations, so post screenshots with text above offence.
2. /whisper in lobby
Since some game lobbies never start, always use command /time, so if game starts game link will be available, if not screenshot with used command /time will be taken as proof. We want to see whole conversations, so post screenshots with text above offence.
3. /whisper in channel ( Lagabuse.com )
Always use command /time before taking any screenshot. We want to see whole conversations, so post screenshots with text above offence.

*Notes

- You are advised to use always /time command before taking any screenshot and to provide link of the game every time when its available.
 - Ingame rules and table of sanctions will apply for /whispers
 - Always post screenshots with its original name, it should look like this:
WC3ScrnShot_121515_005312_01
 - No cuts on screenshot, it must in be full size. Every intention in hiding something on purpose will result in denied request.
 - Abusing GFX skills in order to manipulate with screenshots may lead to server ban.

- From time to time delete your screenshots. They use a lot of memory on your pc - almost 4mb, so deleting them will save your time and memory on pc.
D:\Program Files\Warcraft III Frozen Throne\Screenshots
Same for replays if you have autosave option on (when finishing any game) when you start game:
Start Warcraft game/Options/Gameplay/Automatically Save Replays
To delete those games go:
D:\Program Files\Warcraft III Frozen Throne\replay\Autosaved\Multiplayer and delete
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 00:34 »
also read: http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=126863.0

you posted an improper request, but I won't close it for another 24 hours. You have to fix it according to these guides I gave you. Failure to do so will lead to deny and lock.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline shadowww

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 01:26 »
yea, whatever, there is nothing I can fix.

if you care more about formalities then maintaining healthy community its your right and choice to do so.

But maybe ask yourselves what purpose does this forum section serves (and for what purpose are you moderating this).

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 17:14 »
We are trying to contain healthy community, therefore we can't just give bans like we don't care about players.

How can I know you didn't flamed him or provoked him first, how can I know that your story is true without proofs? How can I know that if I ban him he won't come in 1 hour and say to me he was provoked, etc? Without this protocol you seem to dislike this place would be a circus I tell you.

I will tell you one thing, I am aware of this player's past behaviour, and I am actually believing what you say is correct, but if this protocol you mention is skipped, then we (mods) could just go and give bans to whomever we like whenever we like. Do you want that to happen? Guess not.

Another thing, I could've denied this as improper request the moment I saw it, yet I am giving you chance still. As I said I believe your words, but your words are just not enough.

Find a gamelink of the game (which you quit on countdown, search for games of that host, and by time you could probably tell)
Type your own nickname.
24 hours.
Failure to provide will lead in deny and lock.

Offline shadowww

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 17:34 »
Find a gamelink of the game (which you quit on countdown, search for games of that host, and by time you could probably tell)

http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=5895638

My nick is Twenty-Faces (you see that in screenshot, by seeing it on top of playerlist in #W3)

How can I know you didn't flamed him or provoked him first
Yea right... Maybe you could think of what would be my motivation to do so? I have none, I left by my own will, he was inconvenienced by having to wait minute longer to start his unbalanced, one sided game.

As I said I believe your words, but your words are just not enough.
Thats why I have screenshot. I only didn't took timestamp coz reporting players is not really my forte to know all nitpicks.

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 18:44 »
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=171553.0

and this is exactly why I believed you in first place. I would've banned him permanently even before I saw this other request (which is properly written btw :) )

you can read my decision there and I am sure you'd agree with it.

!locked