Author Topic: Blizzard is finally doing it!  (Read 3851 times)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Blizzard is finally doing it!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 00:17 »
They can throw away few million dollars just for nothing but I guess that isn't what you mean.

It just isn't fair, there IS a difference between euros and dollars. The fact that they don't care is kinda sad.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 05:04 »
Server being empty does not necessarily means the Game lost on Quality , it may also mean people lost the idea of what Quality is.
Dota2 took over players because it is more Noob-Friendly , and it has shiny shit.
No, it took over because it has support/coverage or dunno how to say it. Updates, maintance continously events etc. And on the war3 it is simply not possible, because of the engine limitations. Every fuckin update on war3 dota is like a pain in the ass for icefrog or even for drakolich i think. And well, "noob-friendly" is not the best expression. Yes many things are easier, but not the game itself, and many things came from the engine things again. In war3 dota you have to use a separate hotkey application for items, customkey generators etc. You have to "hack" those functions into the game while in d2 with the source2 engine they can implement it like no problem. So you can say its "noob-friendly" because of these things like quickbuy etc but you can do the same in war3doto too. Just here its implemented, there its a pain in the ass with a separate application again... Graphics are different, but you just have to get used to it and its not a problem anymore, and as you said quality is not about it so why should it be a problem for anyonein 2015 if a game is not a pixelcloud with 50poligon characters?
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 17:16 »
Well i see what u are sayin'.
Its like the Popular "Selfie" , why is it so popular?
People could do it for 30 years, but its popular in last 5.
Its suddenly cool to brake your hand ( or buy a stick ) , and take a picture of yourself from the distance of 50cms ( 100 with a stick ) .
Yes , im comparing Dota "2" to a Selfie.
Its in the same range of New-Age Modern bullshit imo.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 19:06 »
so u think people who take selfies with a stick get more likes?

Offline Lagi

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 20:00 »
Well i see what u are sayin'.
Its like the Popular "Selfie" , why is it so popular?
People could do it for 30 years, but its popular in last 5.
Its suddenly cool to brake your hand ( or buy a stick ) , and take a picture of yourself from the distance of 50cms ( 100 with a stick ) .
Yes , im comparing Dota "2" to a Selfie.
Its in the same range of New-Age Modern bullshit imo.
Your arguement/example is simply bad, but nvm.
Game industry could do FarCry4 like graphics in 1985, but they waitied 30 yeras with the release for lulz?
Game is the same, just it has better graphics, higherpoly models and a game engine that doesn't limit the future possibilities, which actually killed dota1. Thats all. I play it for the game itself, not the graphics, but after i get used to it i also like most of the graphic improvements too. You don't have to handle d2 as a fuckin antichrist just because you dont like "new-age modern" graphics.
Whatever, everybody has his own taste.

Personally it's not a problem for me if you can actually see some details in a game.

Whats the problem with improvement?
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 21:49 »
You're missin my point.
I was not getting into Difference .
Normally Im for Progress , in all areas it could be improved.. No doubt there
Jimbo was saying that everything New is Easyer , and keeps getting easyer.
Idk if u watched this movie.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I wanted to take the discussion there, why is everything new so accesable and easy, instead of makin our brain work it out, go Tryhard mode.
Companys ( in all Branches ) are reducing the mind minimum requirement excel at something.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015, 00:14 »
I have to disagree here with you, Jimmy.

D2 isn't easier than W3 DotA - they are both the same.
The gameplay is the same. The only difference is that at D2 you don't need any additional programs to play the game comfortly - you don't need to dl or "render" a .txt file with all hotkeys, you don't need to dl a program to change inventory hotkeys, you don't need to dl a program that would keep you in the game while having connection problems.

You have all that in one product, one game, all in comfort and easily customizable - so you can focus on the game - DotA 2.
Because you came to play it, not to spent hours by just setting it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I could come with some example.
Ok, you buy a car. Buy it as it was made.

You can shift the gears as it was originally made: 3 - 5 - 1 - R - 2 - 4.
OR you can go to third party and have it changed to 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - R.

At the third party you can also have seat belts installed. Sometimes they get stucked and sometimes they won't work.

Getting this done isn't something that would "make your brain work", that's just something annoying.

With all these "improvements" you can focus more on the game itself.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 00:31 »
Lets agree to disagree (:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 00:33 by Jimmy »

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 00:36 »
Yea :)

If you know what I mean ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 00:39 by Astaroth »

Signature by Rocka

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 00:44 »
If the Dicator ordered a Hit on Me?

Offline Nexxus

• dota expert analytics department
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 04:26 »
another old thing but gold holy fuck how didnt i notice it :D

its the new warcraft gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=77&v=AIkg9Smrlvg

Offline Lagi

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 06:26 »
another old thing but gold holy fuck how didnt i notice it :D

its the new warcraft gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=77&v=AIkg9Smrlvg
Yeah its a very nice try, but blizzard won't allow it to spread since it's only a fan-made remake of war3 to  starcraft2 engine, but not official. Anyways impressive work from the creators.
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Offline 1QuestioN!

• d^_^b
  • GFX Pro Member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Straight Out Of Line
  • Awards Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] Winner of 5 Photo Manipulation Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 17:33 »
Blizzard gives a 100% of their s**t about wc3 they have Heartstone now