Author Topic: Does anyone have massive drops..  (Read 2692 times)

Offline crouchgod

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Does anyone have massive drops..
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 14:25 »
I gave up on this honestly..

Try to play any game with alot of units together, the game will lag a bit.
Same is happening to DotA here.

Just think its APU or iGPU not being strong enough when alot of units are together.

I just was worried something was wrongly done, since the games cap is 59-62fps, and since other poeple mentioned the issue on hiveworks about getting low fps.

w/e
Theres no way that the laptop you mentioned can have any problems with war3 even with a lot of units. I think the problem is the win10. Maybe you should try to set up a dualboot with xp/win7 and test if its better on those OSs(i think it will).

Same applies to Linux?
or would it be the same aswell?

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 17:38 »

Just think its APU or iGPU not being strong enough when alot of units are together.

I just was worried something was wrongly done, since the games cap is 59-62fps, and since other poeple mentioned the issue on hiveworks about getting low fps.

w/e
Theres no way that the laptop you mentioned can have any problems with war3 even with a lot of units. I think the problem is the win10. Maybe you should try to set up a dualboot with xp/win7 and test if its better on those OSs(i think it will).

Same applies to Linux?
Well, running a windows program on linux will never have the same performance as on windows as far as i know, cause you have to run it via WINE and that thing is an emluator and you can't use the resources fully this way. But I don't have so much experience in linux so I'm not sure about it.
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline crouchgod

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 01:10 »

w/e

Same applies to Linux?
Well, running a windows program on linux will never have the same performance as on windows as far as i know, cause you have to run it via WINE and that thing is an emluator and you can't use the resources fully this way. But I don't have so much experience in linux so I'm not sure about it.
Yeah, too much struggle.

Anyways with the new system coming, im not even going to bother anymore..
And not looking that forward to dota 2 tbh. played it, and honestly i prefer Wc3's design/heroes. :(