Author Topic: Does anyone have massive drops..  (Read 2705 times)

Offline crouchgod

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Does anyone have massive drops..
« on: September 25, 2015, 02:21 »
I,ve made a thread earlier about the fps issue.

the regedit tip did the trick, although,

when alot of units are together or in teamfights it gets pretty terrible...

under 30fps.

Start 64FPS. seems to be capped at that anywyas...

I have looked everywhere on google...

And nothing has worked yet.

Are there any other people dropping under 30 fps in teamfights?

I know my laptop can run this game easily, since my older one had no issus doing so.

I might install the game, since it was a portable version.
Seems to be a w10 issue.

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Does anyone have massive drops..
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 09:43 »
I had the very same problem last year, after reinstalling windows, which was Ultimate x64
Spoiler for Hiden:
Quote from: LexMonster
After reinstalling my Windows7, I copied already installed W3 from USB (as I always do), but it did not work..
So I reinstalled only XPAM client, and then after running it (as Administrator) it gave me an error You are missing some display drivers and/or DirectX 8.1 or higher

I installed then DirectX 9 and few more programs that might causing the problem (like .NetFramework, Microsoft C++ Redistributable) but still it didnt work. And the strange thing is that when I go to Device Manager it doesnt report any missing drivers (maybe because its not genuine and it sucks :D)
note: I also didnt had Sleep in Shutdown Options (all others I had: Log Off, Switch user, Restart, Hibernate...) so a friend told me I am deffinetly missing dispaly drivers.

After manualy finding some of them (2/6 i think), I was finally able to enter W3 and play dota. But, I have lag now :( Its like Im playing on pentium 3.. My net works perfectly thou, costant ping at 20-30 ms. In some huge fights, I have a slideshow..
And its not the PC that makes it lag (it used to run perfectly smooth before reinstalling windows) cus I have 4 GB RAM & Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @2.10 GHz 2.10 GHz which is enough for a 10 year old game  ;D

It has to be the windows (and drivers) that is causing the problems.. Can a game lag due lack of drivers?
If anyone encountered the same problem, and solved it, please let me know
So make sure you have installed all proper drivers, and programs that are mandatory in order to run W3 (.NetFramework, Microsoft C++ Redistributable etc)

If that doesnt work, (and it didnt work for me either) try reinstalling to another version of windows (which I think solved my problem, but I am not 100% sure)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Quote from: ak.47.
Probably you installed ultimate x64 and it freezes your processor.
Pentium(R) CPU B950 @2.10 GHz 2.10 GHz
This processor is not good for x64 bit , reinstall windows and go with HOME Basic x32 (x86) bit and problem solved.

Offline crouchgod

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 12:40 »
I had the very same problem last year, after reinstalling windows, which was Ultimate x64
Spoiler for Hiden:
Quote from: LexMonster
After reinstalling my Windows7, I copied already installed W3 from USB (as I always do), but it did not work..
So I reinstalled only XPAM client, and then after running it (as Administrator) it gave me an error You are missing some display drivers and/or DirectX 8.1 or higher

I installed then DirectX 9 and few more programs that might causing the problem (like .NetFramework, Microsoft C++ Redistributable) but still it didnt work. And the strange thing is that when I go to Device Manager it doesnt report any missing drivers (maybe because its not genuine and it sucks :D)
note: I also didnt had Sleep in Shutdown Options (all others I had: Log Off, Switch user, Restart, Hibernate...) so a friend told me I am deffinetly missing dispaly drivers.

After manualy finding some of them (2/6 i think), I was finally able to enter W3 and play dota. But, I have lag now :( Its like Im playing on pentium 3.. My net works perfectly thou, costant ping at 20-30 ms. In some huge fights, I have a slideshow..
And its not the PC that makes it lag (it used to run perfectly smooth before reinstalling windows) cus I have 4 GB RAM & Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @2.10 GHz 2.10 GHz which is enough for a 10 year old game  ;D

It has to be the windows (and drivers) that is causing the problems.. Can a game lag due lack of drivers?
If anyone encountered the same problem, and solved it, please let me know
So make sure you have installed all proper drivers, and programs that are mandatory in order to run W3 (.NetFramework, Microsoft C++ Redistributable etc)

If that doesnt work, (and it didnt work for me either) try reinstalling to another version of windows (which I think solved my problem, but I am not 100% sure)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Quote from: ak.47.
Probably you installed ultimate x64 and it freezes your processor.
Pentium(R) CPU B950 @2.10 GHz 2.10 GHz
This processor is not good for x64 bit , reinstall windows and go with HOME Basic x32 (x86) bit and problem solved.
Uhhh, and i just updated to windows 10 home edition 64-bit.

Currently on Aspire, A6-6130 Quad core and R4.
IF i have to reinstall windows to get it fixed, im not even bothering doing so, since my X99 machine is ariving soon.

I have like 5 Redistributable's installed.. 2008/2010/2010/2013/2013
NetFramework for WC3, can't find it anywhere. Net 2.0 that is.

It links me to a dead microsoft page.

I'm close to running out of options.

And everything i do in video settings does not change the fps at all, so i know its on my end.

Would installing RoC & TfT work?
Since mine were just copy and paste versions.. ( so this didnt install WC3's requirements programs )

I think this might to do the trick..
Gonna try it later today and see what it gives, got an odd feeling its gonnq work.lol

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:43 by crouchgod »

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 09:44 »
And your laptop is?
What do you use for measuring FPS?

Offline crouchgod

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 18:33 »
Acer Aspire E15

it does have 8GB of ram

And 4 cores.

4GBvram

I know for sure this is not supposed to happen.

Im also waiting on my next desktop machine x99 platform sometime next month.

I use fraps.

start of the game whenever a hero is picked it freezes for a bit. when all heroes are chosen and are at the pool my fps is 34. on some places it stays at 59 / 64 but drops heavily under 30 in teamfights.

i did post on the forums of battlenet and posted the dxdiag and theyll look into it.
i have a strange feeling its windows 10.

Might try it with linux.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 18:35 by crouchgod »

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 00:45 »
Can you link me to the specific laptop model page so I can see specifications? Name is too general, getting all kind of results.

I think it is actually GPU that is complete crap for gaming and not any bug. Yes W3 is an old game but if you have a very low end Intel integrated GPU it could be a problem.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 00:48 by cen »

Offline crouchgod

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 04:35 »
http://www.laptopshop.be/product/467495/acer-aspire-e5-521-65bl-azerty.html

Schermdiagonaal
15,6 inch
Processor
AMD A6
RAM-geheugen
8 GB
Videokaart
AMD Radeon R4
Totale opslagcapaciteit
1.000 GB
Bekijk alle specificaties

This is what i have atm. my gaming desktop in coming in next month.

And even if it is an APU CPU. doesnt this outperform the system requirements of wc3?
I mean the games GPU recommendation is pretty low.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:37 by crouchgod »

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 00:13 »
Weird.. w3 should be playable on this thing

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 17:29 »
Try running it in XP compatible mode, maybe it helps. Dunno if you can do it on w10 or not, but i don't think they removed this option.
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 19:36 »
Wait, does wc3 run on OpenGL or DirectX? I know that AMD cards in general have horrible OpenGL support, and that laptop is using one. Anyway, it might be just some driver issue in gerenal, if not related to libraries, then to win10.

Another (most likely missed) shot int he dark would be windows dragging wc3 through all cpu cores to balance the load, despite wc3 being single thread program. You can try to set cpu affinity from task manager and see if binding it to single specifc core helps at all (probably won't unless you have other cpu heavy apps running as well).

On the sidenote, I used to play on really, and I mean REALLY low-end netbook, where getting 30+ fps at peak was possible only by looking at fogged trees somewhere in map corner, and only early game. If you think 30 fps is a case of lag, then you've seen little :P
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 22:34 »
whenever i see divide post somewhere i have insta orgasm, this guy is a genius

*heavily breathing*

Offline crouchgod

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 06:22 »
Wait, does wc3 run on OpenGL or DirectX? I know that AMD cards in general have horrible OpenGL support, and that laptop is using one. Anyway, it might be just some driver issue in gerenal, if not related to libraries, then to win10.

Another (most likely missed) shot int he dark would be windows dragging wc3 through all cpu cores to balance the load, despite wc3 being single thread program. You can try to set cpu affinity from task manager and see if binding it to single specifc core helps at all (probably won't unless you have other cpu heavy apps running as well).

On the sidenote, I used to play on really, and I mean REALLY low-end netbook, where getting 30+ fps at peak was possible only by looking at fogged trees somewhere in map corner, and only early game. If you think 30 fps is a case of lag, then you've seen little :P

Its all good, my machine is arriving soon.

sidenote,

I saw alot of people had trouble running the game on windows 10.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/warcraft-3-windows-10-os-269225/

posted my issue there aswell on the last post.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:26 by crouchgod »

Offline WindHa

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 11:35 »
I got same problem i tryed the things Lex said, and again its same i start with full frames cuz i have good lap top than in fights in going down a bit not like under 30 but its going under 50 idk what's the problem here is some specs from lap top. and my graphic is INTEL HD 4400

Offline crouchgod

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 18:06 »
I gave up on this honestly..

Try to play any game with alot of units together, the game will lag a bit.
Same is happening to DotA here.

Just think its APU or iGPU not being strong enough when alot of units are together.

I just was worried something was wrongly done, since the games cap is 59-62fps, and since other poeple mentioned the issue on hiveworks about getting low fps.

w/e
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 19:15 by crouchgod »

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 12:28 »
I gave up on this honestly..

Try to play any game with alot of units together, the game will lag a bit.
Same is happening to DotA here.

Just think its APU or iGPU not being strong enough when alot of units are together.

I just was worried something was wrongly done, since the games cap is 59-62fps, and since other poeple mentioned the issue on hiveworks about getting low fps.

w/e
Theres no way that the laptop you mentioned can have any problems with war3 even with a lot of units. I think the problem is the win10. Maybe you should try to set up a dualboot with xp/win7 and test if its better on those OSs(i think it will).
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.